2016 AFL Fantasy Ruckmen

Remove this Banner Ad

Will people who start Goldstein be pissed when he goes on his run of 70s and drops 100-150k and other bring him in for that much cheaper?

will that be before or after he hits a run of 140+ ?

set and forget is my thinking at the moment... with a dpp fwd rookie and possibly tippet in a fwd spot for a swap if needed.
I really cant see much value in the rucks as yet?

who are the value picks on your ruck watchlist KA?

will that be before or after he hits a run of 140+ ?

set and forget is my thinking at the moment... with a dpp fwd rookie and possibly tippet in a fwd spot for a swap if needed.
I really cant see much value in the rucks as yet?

who are the value picks on your ruck watchlist KA?

I dont think you need that DPP if you have 2 rucks such as Martin or Goldy your limiting your downgrade targets and also esp your forward line.

Tbh im struggling to spend the cap this year i always have heaps of coin left over with my teams so far.

And also TBF there isnt that much value in the rucks. Leuy is value pending fitness. Jamar may now offer value interesting to see the dons set up but the planninh of the coaches would be leuy as sole ruck with Jamar depth and Mckernan/JoeD as the cut outs. So leuy offers a tonne of value but also risk as we know.

I think a few around that 70-80 mark also offer value one being Lobbe obviousily but hes probably not a keeper.

In relation to goldy if the 70s happen before the 140s its a win for those who didnt start him if the opposing occurs your behind that pack.

I hate playing this gane safe and never have. Im just weighing up risk reward.

The risk not starting Leuy @51 and pumping 80s or not starting Goldy @112 and pumping 130-140s before i can buy in

I dont think you need that DPP if you have 2 rucks such as Martin or Goldy your limiting your downgrade targets and also esp your forward line.
The risk not starting Leuy @51 and pumping 80s or not starting Goldy @112 and pumping 130-140s before i can buy in

Leuy at 51 does sound quite friendly...

Will people who start Goldstein be pissed when he goes on his run of 70s and drops 100-150k and other bring him in for that much cheaper?

I am not starting him but if he averages 110+ over the season, good investment. They wouldn't be pissed.

What I if he goes up in price? Similar to Rocky a couple of years ago?

He turned into a super premo last year, maybe this year he may improve that consistency.

History would tell us he will

Last year history would of told us Goldy couldn't average over a hundred. Your point?

Players improve. It's not like Goldy has done the same thing for 5 years. So what history? 1 From His only super premo season, or the ones before he was a super premo?

Last year was a breakout, I think he will only get better

I am not starting him but if he averages 110+ over the season, good investment. They wouldn't be pissed.

What I if he goes up in price? Similar to Rocky a couple of years ago?

He turned into a super premo last year, maybe this year he may improve that consistency.

When did rocky go up in price?

When he was priced at 103 and went to 134?

I explained youd be behind the pack if he hit those 130-140s early
Last year history would of told us Goldy couldn't average over a hundred. Your point?

Players improve. It's not like Goldy has done the same thing for 5 years. So what history? 1 From His only super premo season, or the ones before he was a super premo?

Last year was a breakout, I think he will only get better

Hes been known to have those 70 patches through a season thats my point.

You seem to have a gripe with me?

Also a bone to pick if you think hes "Going to get better" than his current average then ypud be picking him. Not the opposite.

I dont know maybe my logic is flawed there?

Also a bone to pick if you think hes "Going to get better" than his current average then ypud be picking him. Not the opposite.

I dont know maybe my logic is flawed there?

If he goes up 50k, but I make 200K on another ruckman, I'm ahead in cash ;)

If he goes up 50k, but I make 200K on another ruckman, I'm ahead in cash ;)

Ha would depend on the point difference and taking a few other variables into calculations.

Based on that youd be picking 30 rookies if money making is your criteria.

Which rucks making you 200k? Leuy i assume

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Martin and Goldstein are so clearly the top two rucks. The value in the rucks is mediocre, the premiums are obvious, way better than any alternatives, have all the ruck time they can manage, no competition for their spot, proven scoring power, consistency and durability. There's even a smidgen of upside with both of them. Martin's average without Leuy last year was around 125 and Goldy was clearly carrying something for a four week period where he averaged 75 last year. Without that he averages 125 odd too.

So I think it's incredibly obvious to start the Stefanstein combo. Anyone who doesn't is needlessly putting themselves behind the eight ball.

Martin and Goldstein are so clearly the top two rucks. The value in the rucks is mediocre, the premiums are obvious, way better than any alternatives, have all the ruck time they can manage, no competition for their spot, proven scoring power, consistency and durability. There's even a smidgen of upside with both of them. Martin's average without Leuy last year was around 125 and Goldy was clearly carrying something for a four week period where he averaged 75 last year. Without that he averages 125 odd too.

So I think it's incredibly obvious to start the Stefanstein combo. Anyone who doesn't is needlessly putting themselves behind the eight ball.

If you think both can and will avg 125 then you pick them from the start. If you think one might avg 100-105 then you probably look to get them in far cheaper especially when you have serious value in a sole ruck like Leunberger sitting there. He has +35 upside in him, you cant say that about to many other players

If you think both can and will avg 125 then you pick them from the start. If you think one might avg 100-105 then you probably look to get them in far cheaper especially when you have serious value in a sole ruck like Leunberger sitting there. He has +35 upside in him, you cant say that about to many other players
Leuenberger is not someone you should have faith in. We've seen that in his past four seasons. Make your value picks in the forward or midfield lines. There is far better value and much less risk in other mid pricers. In the rucks we've got two beasts who are almost guaranteed to average more than anyone else. They will probably average 10 points more than any other rucks. You lock those players in without thinking. You don't play games with a burn man like Leuenberger, looking for value. There's never been so much security that one ruck (let alone two) will score 100+ and be better than all others in their position.

Leuenberger is not someone you should have faith in. We've seen that in his past four seasons. Make your value picks in the forward or midfield lines. There is far better value and much less risk in other mid pricers. In the rucks we've got two beasts who are almost guaranteed to average more than anyone else. They will probably average 10 points more than any other rucks. You lock those players in without thinking. You don't play games with a burn man like Leuenberger, looking for value. There's never been so much security that one ruck (let alone two) will score 100+ and be better than all others in their position.

Im not saying im going against goldy and martin its still currently being weighed up.

As i said i dont see many others with the ability to be a keeper that are priced at 50 and with a +35 point potential gain.

There really isnt many/any.

Leunenberger is RISK REWARD whatever outways the other at the time will determine which way i go. Plus structure and amount of quality rookies available.

It was only 2 weeks ago every man and his dog was locking leuy in. Things can change quickly it seems/shows.

Im not saying im going against goldy and martin its still currently being weighed up.

As i said i dont see many others with the ability to be a keeper that are priced at 50 and with a +35 point potential gain.

There really isnt many/any.

Leunenberger is RISK REWARD whatever outways the other at the time will determine which way i go. Plus structure and amount of quality rookies available.

It was only 2 weeks ago every man and his dog was locking leuy in. Things can change quickly it seems/shows.
Yes but Leuy is very high risk, not that high reward. He won't be a keeper or average over 85 and has a history of burning people. You are massively overrating him. Meanwhile there is at least one rolled gold premium you aren't picking.

Yes but Leuy is very high risk, not that high reward. He won't be a keeper or average over 85 and has a history of burning people. You are massively overrating him. Meanwhile there is at least one rolled gold premium you aren't picking.
Im not sure on his upside but has avg 85+ before a few years and he will be even more of a sole ruck for the dons than at that time. I think he avg 92 before aswell.

I think if hes fit and playing round 1 after a few nab game(s) he will avg at worse 75 when he plays probably 80+ for me.

85 in the forwards ranks you pretty highly inside top 15 id say with whats there currently.

Ill be researchinf goldy early opposition.

Just to add to the Goldy debate not including his run of 70s early on/midseason.

His last 6 games he went
92, 111, 107, 94, 87 and 93 for the year. I guess those 2 reasons is why im looking at him but also a bit hesitant at the same time.

i cant go past goldy's ability to hit very big, 8x 130+ last season... captaincy material too often

leuy is starting to worry me.... Jamar top up

leuy is starting to worry me.... Jamar top up

Jamar won't play. He and grimely are insurance for Leuy & Mckernan.

Leuy and his injury issues are what you should be concerned about

Remove this Banner Ad

Back