SC 2016 - My Team (Pre-NAB Challenge)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
latest team..not a cent left in the kitty!
have some wiggle room with some mid to high price rookies.I know my DEF looks light but who knows who will be firing and the backs tend to go up and down the most.Gotta nail my rookies though.Same goes with my FWD line.You cant get a much better Midfield and my Rucks are set.
looking forward to NAB.
pic away fellaz...
Screen Shot 2016-02-08 at 9.42.13 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-02-08 at 9.43.17 PM.png
note that rookies are somewhat place holders, so don't bother knitpicking with rooks.

Last edited:
Trying to get Currie to R3 with no FWD RUCK required

using the freo kid with the bizarre surname..chaingang as my captain emergency

View attachment 213655

Love the MIDS and the structure
But some of these fellas are going to string you along IMO. Namely Barlow, Greene, Dyurea, Smith and Laird. Probably in that order. But they seem to be your POD choices.

Hey all. First post on here but read a lot of the discussion and seen a lot of teams.

Obviously we're all having a bit of a stab in the dark with which rookies to select right now.

I like the cash spread I have. tossing up whether to upgrade in the forward line and ditch JOM...

Tell me what you think!

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    145.6 KB · Views: 4

Hey all. First post on here but read a lot of the discussion and seen a lot of teams.

Obviously we're all having a bit of a stab in the dark with which rookies to select right now.

I like the cash spread I have. tossing up whether to upgrade in the forward line and ditch JOM...

Tell me what you think!

Some nice picks, but structure wise going thin in the FWD line is the biggest risk to take in this game. I'd ditch Jaegar, have a tinker and find the $ for a no doubt about it FWD super premo.

Love the MIDS and the structure
But some of these fellas are going to string you along IMO. Namely Barlow, Greene, Dyurea, Smith and Laird. Probably in that order. But they seem to be your POD choices.

Smith massively underpriced

Barlow as mid for freo will improve

Greene - worth the gamble imo

Laird will be a top 4 defender by years end

Duryea - i like as previously discussed

Hate defenders - agree heater will be no.1 def at years end, but I also think he'll be about 70K cheaper quite quickly, rest of the defenders above 500K I think (hope) will go backwards

Interested in what changes you would propose

assuming rucks and mids stay as they are

Tell me what you think!

Omeara to Kerridge

Aish to a good defender

The thing is none of the back primos leave me feeling confident at all. Its a funny time, a changing of the guard, I'm just not good enough at this caper to predict the next backline primos.
So, this year I will only choose 3 back primos and hope to god,buddah whatever, that they do ok.
neither, hence why i havent gone with a big name defender

Smith massively underpriced

Barlow as mid for freo will improve

Greene - worth the gamble imo

Laird will be a top 4 defender by years end

Duryea - i like as previously discussed

Hate defenders - agree heater will be no.1 def at years end, but I also think he'll be about 70K cheaper quite quickly, rest of the defenders above 500K I think (hope) will go backwards

Interested in what changes you would propose

assuming rucks and mids stay as they are

Where do you see improvement for Barlow? Very vanilla, last 5-10 picked for Freo and without a weapon. A foot soldier. Played 22 and averaged 90 odd last year. I sort of feel similar for Greene, without a weapon, last 5 picked at GWS, a foot soldier. played 22 and averaged 80 odd last year. I mean yeah they can bounce up 10-15% but you're going to want top 5/ top 10 kind of guys for overall IMO. I go less risk FWD.

I agree with Defenders, that's where i dial up my risk. I like the Dyurea pick, I like the Smith pick. Laird is popular but I'm still to convince myself of his upside. I think you need to have Shaw.

It's nice too know that some people have actually been reading my tldr; ramblings/thoughts. ;)

Uber Gangbang FTW :thumbsu:

I haven't been reading those, but I don't mind the idea. Prevailing thought seems to be grab a non-playing ruck for captain loophole, but that forces us to look for a playing R/F to take a spot in our forwards to cover injury. So we start looking at Leuenberger, Tippett, Sinclair etc. who aren't really what we want, but we think we have to have one anyway. And we end up with the TBC disaster.

Finding a straight out R3 who will play but who doesn't have to go on the field, and a different captain loophole seems a decent alternative. Still using up two spots, but they can both be predominantly bench spots and you avoid having that awkward moment when you have to acknowledge that the guy you wanted 80s from at F4/5 can only barely break 60. Every week.

I agree with Defenders, that's where i dial up my risk. I like the Dyurea pick, I like the Smith pick. Laird is popular but I'm still to convince myself of his upside. I think you need to have Shaw.
The difference between Shaw and the rest of the SC options in DEF is massive. I think everyone needs to have Shaw.

Where do you see improvement for Barlow? Very vanilla, last 5-10 picked for Freo and without a weapon. A foot soldier. Played 22 and averaged 90 odd last year. I sort of feel similar for Greene, without a weapon, last 5 picked at GWS, a foot soldier. played 22 and averaged 80 odd last year. I mean yeah they can bounce up 10-15% but you're going to want top 5/ top 10 kind of guys for overall IMO. I go less risk FWD.

barlow - purely based on midfield time increase - his weapon is his endurance and by all training reports he is back running at his best

so apart from all that what changes would you propose

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HOW?

from that team i have 10K left over

Blakely to a 123 rookie can then make dusty to Lids

Shaw??

The thing is. I'd be keeping Dusty too. B Crouch is a nice POD from the Adelaide Crows available in the MIDs that I rate that could get the budget under control.

Downgrade a MID premo. Get the elite scorer on FWD/DEF lines.

Then dial up your risk as you see fit. IMO

I haven't been reading those, but I don't mind the idea. Prevailing thought seems to be grab a non-playing ruck for captain loophole, but that forces us to look for a playing R/F to take a spot in our forwards to cover injury. So we start looking at Leuenberger, Tippett, Sinclair etc. who aren't really what we want, but we think we have to have one anyway. And we end up with the TBC disaster.

Finding a straight out R3 who will play but who doesn't have to go on the field, and a different captain loophole seems a decent alternative. Still using up two spots, but they can both be predominantly bench spots and you avoid having that awkward moment when you have to acknowledge that the guy you wanted 80s from at F4/5 can only barely break 60. Every week.

Yep, this. :thumbsu:

Also, in regards to the B/F loophole doughnut. I think it will be more than handy particularly in Defence. This years Def rookies so far seem to be mostly KP types and probably won't score as well as the Oxley/Saad types of last year. With most coaches starting with at least 2 Def rookies on the field this year, E loopholing the best possible score from the D6/D7 could be more beneficial than the last few years. It could be worth 30ppg or even more, tall rookie defs notorious for pulling out 30-40 scores every second week. So you really want to try and minimise those sorts of terrible scores on the field.

HOW?

from that team i have 10K left over

Blakely to a 123 rookie can then make dusty to Lids

Shaw??
Currie -> 102k ruck would free up some $$$

C'mon man, Currie is a SC potato of the highest order. How many clubs have delisted him over the journey?

View attachment 213655
I like it a lot. I'm also bullish on Duryea and have the same back line structure as you. As such I really don't think more back line premiums are necessary. The premiums in other positions are better value for money IMO, and it looks like you had the same thought process?

Personally, the only pick I don't like is Greene. I think he's more of a DT'er. Good team though overall, its a bit different to the norm and some people won't rate it because of that but I certainly do

Is the theory at selecting someone like Currie at R3 that he is going to play and moo early to generate cash, or is it just to keep him all year for ruck cover?

The only way that I would consider it would be if a ruckman, let's use Currie as an example, looked like playing early and often enough to moo. But even then I wouldn't be messing about with a def/fwd non-playing loophole. Lose too much potential cash generation IMO. It's not just the first def or fwd cow that you may miss, but the second one that you could downgrade to who may in turn be ready to moo before finals time. I'd select a bargain basement R/F at F8, who would eventually become my R3 when I culled Currie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back