Player Watch Pick #7 (2012) - Ollie Wines

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe the tiser are doing an exclusive interview with him today in time for a full page spread tomorrow to line up with family day. I have no idea but that is suspiciously little coverage by anyone's standards. Unless it's an up yours to port for trying to manage news of the signing like they did. Anyway just guesses

Boak received similar coverage after finally signing in 2012. From memory he got 2/3 of a page.

I wonder what Barry Curtin and David Koch would have to say about this? I used to think the cowvertiser ignoring us was just that they were doing the things that sold papers. We might not feel it's fair but they've got their job. But it's starting to look petty now; when nothing had been signed and the tiser could make their mischievous speculation they were all ready to do so but now it's just "well, he's signed, whoopty-do".

Boak received similar coverage after finally signing in 2012. From memory he got 2/3 of a page.
And half of that was their own headlines of how they predicated Boak would sign. Ignoring the 80% of articles headlines claiming he was gone and the worst one asking why he would stay. #balance

Glad he stayed and signed on early. Shows good character and good port culture. Im sick of the type of players who hold out, engage media speculation , say they love the club while holding their club to ransom and either staying but causing a mess or leaving for a rival..

It's not even a news story.

"Random player from yesteryear does NOT have concussion. Repeat, does NOT have concussion!!".

*Photographer moves products and signage into place of said players possibly ailing safety clothing business*

View attachment 214327

*Probably belongs in the shakes head thread.

This article is absolutely ridiculous given that CTE (the disease attributed to multiple concussions in sports players) can't be diagnosed in a living person. I hope that the media have chosen to skew the article in some way as opposed to the medical team actually thinking they can give the all clear to the Rat over this.

Why do we care about the Advertiser or Damien Barrett??

We literally got an email from the player and club telling us what we need to know.
Yes, but, unfortunately we need to rely on the media to get new members and grow the club, the lack of balance (or bias against) is damaging our abilty to grow our brand. we have a pathetic media.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ollie is such an important part of our club, young and old love him.
He does not live on unfounded hype, the reputation he has is well earned and deserved.
I would like to think of him as our future captain when Boaky eventually decides to call it a day.

This is a fantastic group of young men and its easy to see why some other "organisations" are rightfully jealous at our ability to keep the talent we get without under table payments. brown bags or constant smoke/arse/straw/blow arrangements we clearly see in our local press.

Ollie ... Thanks :)

Why do we care about the Advertiser or Damien Barrett??

We literally got an email from the player and club telling us what we need to know.
As Ian Jackson posted above, it is about promoting our brand and promoting brand awareness and brand image. This is for the benefit of new members and current and potential sponsors.

The habit of the SA media and hacks like Barrett to only report negative stories or stories on which they can put a negative spin about the PAFC hurts our club.

Sure, but can he be as good as Ollie Wines.

Whatever one think's of Brad Crouch's ability, how is he like Patrick Dangerfield in any shape or form? They're not even similar players. Dangerfield is an impact player, Crouch is an accumulator.

As Ian Jackson posted above, it is about promoting our brand and promoting brand awareness and brand image. This is for the benefit of new members and current and potential sponsors.

The habit of the SA media and hacks like Barrett to only report negative stories or stories on which they can put a negative spin about the PAFC hurts our club.
Getting coverage in the local media market is important, however I think the club is doing ok in using alternative media streams such as Facebook to get the message across and give coverage to our sponsors. I find this is were I first see Port related stuff.

Yes, but, unfortunately we need to rely on the media to get new members and grow the club, the lack of balance (or bias against) is damaging our abilty to grow our brand. we have a pathetic media.

As much as you have a solid point, for all the biased reporting (or non reporting) against our great club, it will easily be counteracted by us winning games of football.

Win enough games to make finals and it lessens the impact of biased journalism. Win enough finals to win a premiership and potential new (current) members and sponsors will rush to join (stay) despite all the media bs.

Ollie Wines being with us for at least the next 3 years gives us a significant boost in achieving that goal.

Well done Ollie and the Wines family. True 'good bloke' material right there!

Oliver_SoftTrio_sm.png

crack open some bottles of Oliver Wines and celebrate!

No such thing as Soft Wines, just ask Rodan and Dangerfield

On the BigFooty homepage 9 out of the 10 most liked posts are from the Ollie ****ing Wines!!!! thread. The other one is from the Wines, Palmer and Howard sign 2 year extensions thread.

Just goes to prove you are all a bunch of #likewhores ;)

If Brad Crouch (is that the supposedly good one?) signs a new deal we will get front and back page and an 8 page glossy liftout. #balance

Of course he will, and he deserves it. After all he finished above Ollie in the Rising Star Award in 2013 #thanksroo #noconflict

Remove this Banner Ad

Back