Pre-Season 2015/16

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfortunately they've made no mention of a live stream or a replay being made available later. Hopefully we hear about it tomorrow but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

I'll be there too, should be a few of us to provide updates.

Can we have a dedicated thread per chance A2R?

What's the quickest way of getting to Trevor Barker Oval from Sandringham station? Haven't been in ages, so just wondering what the quickest way there is for the intra club match?

Much appreciated boys.

Google says 10 minutes walk from Sandringham station and 15 from Hampton.

Fred gets off at Hampton and starts walking, his google savy brothers rides for 3 more minutes and gets off at Sandringham gets lost in the Sandringham village and misses 'that goal' by Lonie1Kanobi
At least Fred got to wave to Barrels, who was sinking pre-gamers at the Brown Cow Cafe... :cool:

That's it. I'm bringing my own.
Bring some for everyone Barrels?

Doubt they will be opening the bar for intraclub, generally only a sausage sizzle and soft drink stand run by the social club, but who knows....

Google says 10 minutes walk from Sandringham station and 15 from Hampton.
Its about 7min walk to hampton station, parked my car near the servo over the road from oval and took train to work already this morning!
Pumped to see some live footy! even if its intraclub

Lovely.

I hope McCarthy leaves and Patton either leaves or doesn't get going and GWS are kicking themselves

Talk about a sliding doors moment. We'd all be talking about Lachie Weller instead of Jade Gresham. GWS would've had 2 more first rounders on their list and McCarthy, well, he'd at least be doing something useful with his time in WA (not intended as a dig at Cam btw).

We didn't exactly lose, but that stand GWS took didn't exactly go as planned.

Fred gets off at Hampton and starts walking, his google savy brothers rides for 3 more minutes and gets off at Sandringham gets lost in the Sandringham village and misses 'that goal' by Lonie1Kanobi

It would take me at least 30 minutes with plenty of rest stops. The return journey would probably be by taxi.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It would take me at least 30 minutes with plenty of rest stops. The return journey would probably be by taxi.
hqdefault.jpg

Nothing wrong with stopping to smell the roses. Keep up the great work, mate.

Good luck for 2016 fellas and not here to stir the pot ahead of round 1 just as I don't know your list well enough and a legitimate question who are your fellas key defenders usually based on the last couple of years?

Sorry to intrude

This would be my Round 1 starting line up:

FB: Webster - Fisher - Roberton
HB: Savage - Dempster - Newnes
C: Riewoldt - Ross - Gilbert
R: Longer - Armitage - Steven
HF: Billings - Bruce - Weller
FF: Lonie - McCartin - Hickey

Interchange: Acres - Montagna - Sinclair - Gresham

Emerg: Goddard - Geary - Dunstan

It's bloody hard to do a team, we seem to have good depth now. No doubt Geary would most likely play in front of Gresham or Sinclair but this is how I'd like to see the team start. Roberton to play that 3rd tall.

Good luck for 2016 fellas and not here to stir the pot ahead of round 1 just as I don't know your list well enough and a legitimate question who are your fellas key defenders usually based on the last couple of years?

Sorry to intrude

Dempster, Fisher and Hugh Goddard. Possibly Tom Lee at some stage if he shows enough at Sandy.

This would be my Round 1 starting line up:

FB: Webster - Fisher - Roberton
HB: Savage - Dempster - Newnes
C: Riewoldt - Ross - Gilbert
R: Longer - Armitage - Steven
HF: Billings - Bruce - Weller
FF: Lonie - McCartin - Hickey

Interchange: Acres - Montagna - Sinclair - Gresham

Emerg: Goddard - Geary - Dunstan

It's bloody hard to do a team, we seem to have good depth now. No doubt Geary would most likely play in front of Gresham or Sinclair but this is how I'd like to see the team start. Roberton to play that 3rd tall.
Not sure how Dunstan doesn't get a game Joop, hasn't played a game of seconds since coming to the club and had another good season last year. Has improved on his fitness this pre season. One of the first picked for me

Not sure how Dunstan doesn't get a game Joop, hasn't played a game of seconds since coming to the club and had another good season last year. Has improved on his fitness this pre season. One of the first picked for me
Like I said it was tough.

We're now in that weird position where, we have very good mids that will be pushed out, but we don't have good enough mids to take on the best teams. Like I said, weird.

Absolutely zero chance Dunstan misses out and rightly so.
Absolutely, but Joop's point still stands. It sounds like Joey is going go to the back line, which will help... Although it also raises other problems in terms of fitting everybody in to the back as well.

We're now in that weird position where, we have very good mids that will be pushed out, but we don't have good enough mids to take on the best teams. Like I said, weird.

Yeah it's that balance between getting the kids with potential in and playing them until they are good and exposing a large number of them to see who excels. It's going to mean guys like Joey who are still excellent players get pushed to the backline and guys like Farren get shipped out. Anyway hopefully the competition makes the kids even better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back