Toast Jack Redden - Retired 2022. Thank you Red Dog

Remove this Banner Ad

1664507627522.png

Last edited:
It's quite amazing that a grand finalist could pick up 2 quality players like Jetta and Redden in the off season, it just gives us so much more depth.

Spewing we lost Sinclair out of the deal though, prefer him to Lycette but would be happy to be proved wrong by year's end.
I think Lycett is the better ruckman when he's up and going, however Sinclair is more agile, takes a good mark and can kick a goal or two. However it took him awhile to get to his best so am hoping with time Lycett will show what he's really made of. Apparently last year when the Eagles had to call on him when Nic's Mum died and Sinclair was injured (I think it was the Hawks game round 19 or something) Lycett did a superb job holding down the ruck role on his own? I was away so did not see the game but that's what I've been told.

1st game of the year running around in the #8.

I thought he had a great game and helped free Pridda up around the packs. Redden will be one of the best recruits of the year.
1 and a half quarters in and dangerfield has that locked away

I think Lycett is the better ruckman when he's up and going, however Sinclair is more agile, takes a good mark and can kick a goal or two. However it took him awhile to get to his best so am hoping with time Lycett will show what he's really made of. Apparently last year when the Eagles had to call on him when Nic's Mum died and Sinclair was injured (I think it was the Hawks game round 19 or something) Lycett did a superb job holding down the ruck role on his own? I was away so did not see the game but that's what I've been told.
Not apparently. It happened.

Was a very encouraging first outing. Looks like he'll fit in well and if the reaction to his goal is anything to go by he's popular amongst the playing group

There was a pass to Kennedy in the last quarter that was sublime

I agree with Keyser Soze Thought the same, He's really fit in well with the club and the all the lads, especially Shuey (going by Instagram) but that's not surprising now after hearing last night Shuey got in Reddo's ear quite a bit about coming to West Coast, telling him how they were building something special and what a great club it is or something along those lines. But I was impressed with his first game for us especially after having no pre season, 25 and a goal is a good effort. Definitely an upgrade on Scooter, his disposal was clean, and looks like he assesses his options before disposing of the ball which is a welcome change to Scooters lack of composure. Also liked that he was the first to remonstrate with Robinson after knocking Xellis over.

Apparently last year when the Eagles had to call on him when Nic's Mum died and Sinclair was injured (I think it was the Hawks game round 19 or something) Lycett did a superb job holding down the ruck role on his own? I was away so did not see the game but that's what I've been told.
Was playing injured too.

So I thought Redden played a very good game on the weekend. Then I had a look at his stats. Of his 25 disposals, 16 were contested! And pretty sure those 9 uncontested were almost all class as well. His heat map is perfect as well - impact all over the ground. Thought he was going to be a gun for us but wasn't sure he'd settle in this quickly. Definitely the support we have needed for Priddis in the middle. Shuey, Gaff, Yeo and the rest are going to have a field day with NN and those two in amongst it this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I thought Redden played a very good game on the weekend. Then I had a look at his stats. Of his 25 disposals, 16 were contested! And pretty sure those 9 uncontested were almost all class as well. His heat map is perfect as well - impact all over the ground. Thought he was going to be a gun for us but wasn't sure he'd settle in this quickly. Definitely the support we have needed for Priddis in the middle. Shuey, Gaff, Yeo and the rest are going to have a field day with NN and those two in amongst it this year.
7 clearances too, and only 70% game time.

I'll follow Jack closely with you guys. Unlike the others that have run off I genuinely wish Jack well. 100+ games of service to our club justifies his contribution in a difficult era. Jack's game with Brisbane was largely inside, which made his tackle numbers a surprise on the weekend. Will be interested to see him play against a decent side.

I.e. his kicking - like Rockliff he actually delivers I50 to a target pretty well. It's general field kicking that's more of a problem

Great first game for Reddo, particularly given his interrupted preseason.

Was watching on TV with a few mates and it took us a while to figure out who it was racking up quality touches in Beau's old number (fans, not obsessed).
There was a pass to Kennedy in the last quarter that was sublime
Fantastic pass - excellent vision, perfectly weighted.

I.e. his kicking - like Rockliff he actually delivers I50 to a target pretty well. It's general field kicking that's more of a problem
Given the issues our mids had hitting a target inside 50 for a number of years, I'd be fine with this.

The way teams rebound nowadays, coughing it up at half forward is almost worse than doing it at half back.

Nothing worse than someone undoing all the hard work up the field by kicking it straight to a defender, or bombing it on top of Kennedy's head, a la WCE circa 2013

I'll follow Jack closely with you guys. Unlike the others that have run off I genuinely wish Jack well. 100+ games of service to our club justifies his contribution in a difficult era. Jack's game with Brisbane was largely inside, which made his tackle numbers a surprise on the weekend. Will be interested to see him play against a decent side.

if priddis can improve his kicking since the arrival of simmo, then theres no doubt redden can as well.

if priddis can improve his kicking since the arrival of simmo, then theres no doubt redden can as well.
PRIDDIS HASNT IMPROVED ANYTHING HES ALWAYS BEEN PERFECT YOURE A HATER WEST COAST PLAYERS ARE JUST BETTER AT GETTING TO WHERE HIS KICKS GO RATHER THAN LAZILY EXPECTING HIS KICKS TO COME TO THEM.

PRIDDIS HASNT IMPROVED ANYTHING HES ALWAYS BEEN PERFECT YOURE A HATER WEST COAST PLAYERS ARE JUST BETTER AT GETTING TO WHERE HIS KICKS GO RATHER THAN LAZILY EXPECTING HIS KICKS TO COME TO THEM.
Shouted for dramatic effect? I do generally agree though - Priddis has always been good, has continually improved through hard work, and finally last year the players around him started to step up to his level. Anyone claiming he used to be a spud is just trying to justify their previous uneducated analysis.

Although Priddis has become a lot more of an attacking player since Simmo arrived though. And Redden will likely become better under Simmo also. Which I think is what avishka was alluding to.

Shouted for dramatic effect? I do generally agree though - Priddis has always been good, has continually improved through hard work, and finally last year the players around him started to step up to his level. Anyone claiming he used to be a spud is just trying to justify their previous uneducated analysis.

Although Priddis has become a lot more of an attacking player since Simmo arrived though. And Redden will likely become better under Simmo also. Which I think is what avishka was alluding to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back