Unofficial Preview Changes & pre-match discussion vs Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

On 360 last night they showed the percentages of time that Dogs players are spending in the middle - I think Lachie Hunter topped it at around 65%, while lots of mids at other clubs spend 90%+ of game time in there.

Was a good analysis. Just couldn't work out who you were playing.

Is Jacobs somebody that just drops out of the side if there isn't a match up? Not sure how he's rated outside his ability to shut players down.

On 360 last night they showed the percentages of time that Dogs players are spending in the middle - I think Lachie Hunter topped it at around 65%, while lots of mids at other clubs spend 90%+ of game time in there.

There probably isn't an obvious match-up, as a result. He went to Bontempelli last year and got a bath, but the Bont is still easing back into it after preseason hip surgery and spending some time up forward.
I reckon Jacobs would be just about the perfect player to tag Dahlhaus when he's in the middle then follow him when he goes forward. Besides that there's no obvious matchup? I'll be very confident in either Macrae or Bontempelli winning the match up if he goes to them. And I can't see him going to Libba who is probably going to fill in for Suckling at half back.

Who ever wins the contested ball wins the game, what if Swallow, Ziebell and Cunnington are having a bad game?
Should we bring in more contested ball winners?

That's fine, excuse me for using a ladder as a guide for where each of the opponents are at.

North defeated Fremantle but allowed them to score 103, while only scoring 38 against us.
North defeated Brisbane (admittedly away) but allowed them 28 scoring shots, while we kept them to 17.
North defeated Melbourne (just) who only a week beforehand lost to Essendon.

I didn't go to form specifically for a reason purely because while your victories have been 4 points at the end of the day, you haven't beaten anyone convincingly at all. All of your victories have resulted in reasonably large and potentially match winning scores conceded. We've lost just the one game to Hawthorn (by 3 points - and in the last 2 minutes of the game) and yet everyone else we've played we have beaten by an average of 53 points keeping each to under 68 which, is not by the law of averages a match winning score.

Please don't label me a nerd for previewing matches.

Hawthorn haven't won their last 3 games convincingly as well.......... Adelaide, your lads and the the 3rd I can't recall. But they found a way similar to what we have done.

I'll be honest ......Im going into this game with a mindset of "hope" not confidence here..........but if our Midfield (who are out of sync here) brings their "A" game then its on.

When you guys play Melbourne, you're in for a rude awakening.........in their present mindset they're not afraid of anyone.

That's fine, excuse me for using a ladder as a guide for where each of the opponents are at.

North defeated Fremantle but allowed them to score 103, while only scoring 38 against us.
North defeated Brisbane (admittedly away) but allowed them 28 scoring shots, while we kept them to 17.
North defeated Melbourne (just) who only a week beforehand lost to Essendon.

I didn't go to form specifically for a reason purely because while your victories have been 4 points at the end of the day, you haven't beaten anyone convincingly at all. All of your victories have resulted in reasonably large and potentially match winning scores conceded. We've lost just the one game to Hawthorn (by 3 points - and in the last 2 minutes of the game) and yet everyone else we've played we have beaten by an average of 53 points keeping each to under 68 which, is not by the law of averages a match winning score.

Please don't label me a nerd for previewing matches.

Your preview is crap. Open the other eye.

When we've been challenged so far this year , we upped the tackling intensity. This will be one ferocious match in this facet of the game, it will be finals like intensity.......the coaching staff will take note on who steps up.

I have an inkling that Thomas is going to have a cracker of a game.

I'm quite nervous about this one. The talls you have up forward being all in form and the quality of smalls there with Higgins and Thomas are going to be a handful.

I don't really want to but I wouldn't be surprised if we play Minson, Campbell & Roughead this week so that Roughead can go back if required.

We're going to have to win the ball in the middle and restrict you guys from getting the ball to negate the obvious height advantage. Plus improve the quality of our entries into Fwd 50 to win this one.

But should be a cracking game tomorrow night. Looking forward to seeing how we go against the in-form team in the comp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm quite nervous about this one. The talls you have up forward being all in form and the quality of smalls there with Higgins and Thomas are going to be a handful.

I don't really want to but I wouldn't be surprised if we play Minson, Campbell & Roughead this week so that Roughead can go back if required.

We're going to have to win the ball in the middle and restrict you guys from getting the ball to negate the obvious height advantage. Plus improve the quality of our entries into Fwd 50 to win this one.

But should be a cracking game tomorrow night. Looking forward to seeing how we go against the in-form team in the comp.
Lindsay to stand on his head and take Mark of the Century.

Lol who gives a s**t what a betting agency thinks.

It depends who plays better on the day, regardless of stats
Tell me about it Overanalyzing of Friday's game is doing my ******* head in every time i check in hear!
Who gives a s**t who we played who u played, it means jack s**t for tomorrow.
Both teams have strengths and weaknesses whoever playes better wins and gets 4 points it's that simple.

It is one thing for supporters to bullshit on about it, for the media to do it and fall for over-hyping teams in the first half of the season is something else.

I was having a bit of fun with you mate.
To be honest though, I don't see anything wrong with that article. Over-analysis is better than the abundance of opinion and agenda-driven tripe out there.

Lol who gives a s**t what a betting agency thinks.

It depends who plays better on the day, regardless of stats
all i was saying that usually if there is a drop in the odds one way then usually a big name is out from the opposing team. yes it does depend who is better on the day but im sure the bullies would be better if murph, joho and suckers were in

I wouldn't bother Scrag..we get the same posts before every game North play. .and surprise ,surprise we manage to win a few

But normally its North didnt win it, my team lost it, because of (add from list below)

Umpiring
Interstate travel
Injuries
Poor coaching
Weather
6 day breaks
8 day breaks
the bye
Etihad surface
MCG surface
its early in the season
its late in the season
the wifes in season
maybe brad should ask for the roof to be opened....

I was having a bit of fun with you mate.
To be honest though, I don't see anything wrong with that article. Over-analysis is better than the abundance of opinion and agenda-driven tripe out there.

I prefer flying under the radar as long as humanly possible.

we need to play our game, the Pressure game
their backline is decimated with 2 33y/o (NTTAWWT!) and a 5 gamer all about a foot shorter than our blokes
Pity Garner isn't there to crush their childlike bodies
They will implode

Remove this Banner Ad

Back