List Mgmt. 2016 Trade/Free Agency Part 4 - Toby Nankervis asks for trade to Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think he will still get to Geelong. I just don't want us to pay overs. Do not agree with Tiger71 (sorry mate) in that we'll lose him for nothing next year. My understanding is that he is a RFA and as such can match the bid of the team that wants him. That will force the team into a trade of sorts so if a team like Geelong wants him next year, they still have to trade. I also believe that Caddy would prefer to play with us as he sees himself as an inside mid that has been banished up forward by Chris Scott (who he doesn't like). He doesn't want to publicly say that because if the deal falls through then he has to put up with the backlash of those comments.

I really hope we get the deal over the line. It would be quite depressing if all we get is Prestia and Nankervis. Id be devastated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a charity golf dinner tonight in Glen Waverley and had the pleasure of sitting next to Scott Burns.
What a great bloke (even though he is a Collingwood man).
We spoke at great lengths about the AFL trade period and what he thought so far.
He spoke very positively about Richmond, which I found surprising.
Said that if we can end up with both Caddy and Prestia it would be a massive win for the club.
Also said that he rates Chris Yarran as one of the most elite talents in the AFL and if we could get him back it would be absolutely massive.
Asked him if Marley Williams would join Richmond and he said he had heard rumours but nothing in a while as he has been away from the footy club for 4 weeks.
Said he is excited by Daniel Wells and that they are expecting 18 games from him next year.
Didn't ask him about Mayne (should have).
That's about as close to 'inside info' as I'll ever get.

Had a charity golf dinner tonight in Glen Waverley and had the pleasure of sitting next to Scott Burns.
We spoke at great lengths about the AFL trade period and what he thought so far.
Said that if we can end up with both Caddy and Prestia it would be a massive win for the club.
Also said that he rates Chris Yarran as one of the most elite talents in the AFL and if we could get him back it would be absolutely massive.
Asked him if Marley Williams would join Richmond and he said he had heard rumours but nothing in a while as he has been away from the footy club for 4 weeks.
Said he is excited by Daniel Wells and that they are expecting 18 games from him next year.

I share the same views as Scott Burns. I feel vindicated lol.

I share the same views as Scott Burns. I feel vindicated lol.

Me too.
I'll be feeling very positive about our midfield if we can land both Caddy and Prestia.
Both are at an age that address both the short term and the long term.
24 is a great age for a footballer as they are ready made but still left with years ahead of them.
Whilst it will be sad to see Deledio go, he isn't going to be a part of our next flag push.
Trade him while he still has currency and give him the chance of having success, which he thoroughly deserves.

Me too.
I'll be feeling very positive about our midfield if we can land both Caddy and Prestia.
Both are at an age that address both the short term and the long term.
24 is a great age for a footballer as they are ready made but still left with years ahead of them.
Whilst it will be sad to see Deledio go, he isn't going to be a part of our next flag push.
Trade him while he still has currency and give him the chance of having success, which he thoroughly deserves.

Couldn't agree more. We better not screw this up. I'll be absolutely livid.

What was his body language like? Do you reckon he was pulling your leg and telling you the things you wanted to hear?

What was his body language like? Do you reckon he was pulling your leg and telling you the things you wanted to hear?

Naa he seemed like a really genuine bloke.
Said that the only concern he had with Richmond was our lack of support for Riewoldt up forward, especially with Deledio most likely leaving.
Other than that he said our midfield would be very strong next year and with Rance down back you're bound to have a good defence. (Called Rance an absolute freak of nature).
Definitely wasn't pulling my leg, was just a good old-fashioned chat about all things footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Said that the only concern he had with Richmond was our lack of support for Riewoldt up forward, especially with Deledio most likely leaving.
Other than that he said our midfield would be very strong next year and with Rance down back you're bound to have a good defence. (Called Rance an absolute freak of nature).
Definitely wasn't pulling my leg, was just a good old-fashioned chat about all things footy.
Terrific and thanks for that.

I really rate prestia... but i really cant see the talk on caddy do not rate him at all never strung enough good games together in a row for me to think hes gonna be a good player

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk

Just sounds like a nice positive guy.

It also sounded good until you said he was "excited about Wells" lol That's damaged his credibility as a reasonable judge :p

I reckon Discount Dan shafted a few clubs & other Managers over the years and now it's pay back time.

giphy.gif

I really rate prestia... but i really cant see the talk on caddy do not rate him at all never strung enough good games together in a row for me to think hes gonna be a good player

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk

I like him.
I think he will compliment our midfield nicely.
Not as good of a player as Deledio and never will be but unfortunately Deledio is cooked now.
The 'old-man' injury is never a good thing.

I just heard (made up) a rumour that Rhys Stanley is coming with Caddy as the steak knives to get them pick 26 straight (the one Gold Coast aren't giving us).

I heard Steven Motlop went into a restaurant and ate everything in the restaurant and they had to close the restaurant.

He was trolling you get the hopes up high then bang lose round 1 against the scum :)

.Players like Lids usually get to go where they want to and clubs i hope wouldnt talk with him knowing they cant trade. It wasnt my hope at the start of this trade but i didnt see him choosing Cats. If it has to be , so be it. I wonder if helping them with some of Lids first year salary is more valuable than pick 30 ?

.Players like Lids usually get to go where they want to and clubs i hope wouldnt talk with him knowing they cant trade. It wasnt my hope at the start of this trade but i didnt see him choosing Cats. If it has to be , so be it. I wonder if helping them with some of Lids first year salary is more valuable than pick 30 ?

Fair point mate, would much rather that and hang onto the pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back