2016 Trade/FA discussion (no hypothetical trades)

Remove this Banner Ad

The longer the Hawks have to wait on the JOM trade, the more likely they become IMO.

They need a shiny recruit to take some of the heat off the Mitchell and Lewis situation. The thing about that is... Pick 10 is their bargaining chip. Rocky and 21 for 10.

Personally I'd do Rockliff, 16, and 22 for 10, Whitecross and Hartung.

Personally I'd do Rockliff, 16, and 22 for 10, Whitecross and Hartung.
Will the Hawks throw in a gun so we can force Whitecross up here against his will?

So Hanley trade leaves us with 6 senior list spots with question marks over green and Rockliff.

Proposed Hanley trade will leave us with 3, 16, 21 and 22 as early picks plus a 2017 first round pick.

By moving green on (or even rookie listing) we will have enough spots for smith upgrade, academy kids and our 4 early picks.

We just need to actually get the later picks for frost and Allison and Watson

The longer the Hawks have to wait on the JOM trade, the more likely they become IMO.

They need a shiny recruit to take some of the heat off the Mitchell and Lewis situation. The thing about that is... Pick 10 is their bargaining chip. Rocky and 21 for 10.

Maybe.. They have Jarman coming in under father/son who, by all reports, will play a fair bit of seniors. They still have available Shiels, both Langfords, O'Rourke & Riolli . Can also move a few of their quick small forwards into their midfield.. If JOM deal does fail, can see them making a play for Adel,out of contract, Lyon who the Suns are chasing.

Let's see who blinks first come nigh end of trade week....Rocky for 10 straight swap. Hawks are feeling the heat from trading out Mitchell and it's only going to get a LOT worse if Lewis leaves and JOM fails to eventuate. They'll come knocking for the Rock, and when they do, let's bend them over a barrell ;)

Hawks will find a way, they are pretty creative at the trade table. Worst case, they go to the draft with pick 10. I don't know if they have the cap space to take Rocky, even if they wanted him. I'm sure for pick 10 we would pay a nice chunk of it, but still, just can't see Hawks being that desperate. He is damaged goods, and pick 10 is probably overs.

Hanley deal done . As follows

Brisbane In - Pick 22, PA future 1st Rd
Brisbane Out - Hanley, Pick 19

GC In - Hanley, Pick 67
GC Out - Pick 22, Pick 30

PA In - Pick 19, Pick 30
PA Out - Future 1st Rd, Pick 67

That seems a good deal for us if Port continue to trend down the ladder. I honestly don't understand what Port are doing there? They want picks because they want to rebuild their list but then they give away their first pick in 2017? Doesn't seem to be a lot of system to what they are doing.

GC In - Hanley, Pick 67

PA In - Pick 19, Pick 30
Looks pretty good. A first rounder and a 3 pick downgrade for Hanley.

GC In - Hanley, Pick 67

PA In - Pick 19, Pick 30

Source? Or is this just another hypothetical, in the 'no hypothetical' trade thread

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will the Hawks throw in a gun so we can force Whitecross up here against his will?

Why not, they've given guns on the cheap to West Coast and Melbourne already.

So Hanley trade leaves us with 6 senior list spots with question marks over green and Rockliff.

Proposed Hanley trade will leave us with 3, 16, 21 and 22 as early picks plus a 2017 first round pick.

By moving green on (or even rookie listing) we will have enough spots for smith upgrade, academy kids and our 4 early picks.

We just need to actually get the later picks for frost and Allison and Watson
Need one more out if frost is coming in

I find the 'no takers' for Rocky a bit of a head scratcher. I can't see Melbourne make a play for him as I think they're midfield is fairly well stacked apart from maybe outside run. Adelaide I find interesting as after the final against the Swans it was universally accepted that their midfield was a concern. I understand their interest in Gibbs but can't see just the one addition that significant. Obviously they're held up with this move before doing anything else but we'll have to wait and see. Again he is a FA next year and clubs can be patient but I think those that are thereabouts wouldn't be so folly to wait a year and strike while their hot. GWS, Dogs, Swans and Crows are my top four currently and adding Rocky to the Crows midfield would be quite significant for them come finals time and all it would take is next years first rounder IMO.

I'd burst if that happened and I was a port fan. Surely they don't do that?
Wouldn't it be as simple as they are particularly keen on one or two in the upcoming draft ?

Some unhappy campers on the Port board.
They support the worst team in the state and live in South Australia. They start off at unhappy and only waver around it.

You might know this TBD, been trying to work out if the pick 21- Whitecross/Hartung trade was actually offered (1) if it was turned down by Brisbane (2) and if so, why (3). Apologies for the triple question, it's hard to find good information at this time of year.

They support the worst team in the state and live in South Australia. They start off at unhappy and only waver around it.

You might know this TBD, been trying to work out if the pick 21- Whitecross/Hartung trade was actually offered (1) if it was turned down by Brisbane (2) and if so, why (3). Apologies for the triple question, it's hard to find good information at this time of year.

Wasn't turned down exactly. They were working out swapping late picks. Whitecross pulled out of the deal. Therefore ending the trade happening

Remove this Banner Ad

Back