Grand Slam Australian Open (Day 11, Thursday)

Novak v Fed.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

giphy.gif

I already do a variation of that - punch the chest twice then do a finger point (crowd or where the goals are!). Pretty sure he did that a few years ago as well :p

Now begins the time honoured Aussie tradition of kicking the shit out of athletes that don't meet our expectations.

It was nice while it lasted, Ash!
I see the tall poppy syndrome is well and truly alive in this thread.

First Aussie women to make the Australian Open semi's at Melbourne Park, one bad game and everyone turns on her.

I think its out of disappointment, or partially at least.\

Yeah it's a joke. Especially having people on BigFooty laying the boots into her when they've done absolutely nothing like she has done.

I'll raise a point in regard to this. If criticising/laying boots into a player, or person online, despite not being a professional in that field is a prerequisite, forums may as well shut down.

I see the tall poppy syndrome is well and truly alive in this thread.

First Aussie women to make the Australian Open semi's at Melbourne Park, one bad game and everyone turns on her.

I'm a massive Barty fan but call a spade a spade. She choked in the Fed Cup & She has choked here. Kenin's game is vanilla. Barty with unforced errors just cost herself her National Grand Slam. Will be lucky to ever win another Slam unless her mental toughness improves. First set when she had 2 set points, had Kenin deep in the court off balance and just bunted the shot back for safety instead of going for the winner showed exactly where she is at when it comes to the crunch. Love her but real disappointed.

I think its out of disappointment, or partially at least.\

I'll raise a point in regard to this. If criticising/laying boots into a player, or person online, despite not being a professional in that field is a prerequisite, forums may as well shut down.

We're all disappointed, but some of the comments on here resemble a game day thread on the Adelaide board.

She's still had the best result an Aussie female's had at Melbourne Park.

Yeah it's a joke. Especially having people on BigFooty laying the boots into her when they've done absolutely nothing like she has done.
Yeah imagine people having an opinion on a forum about an athlete who underperformed :rolleyes:

Just calling it as we see it. Doesn't mean we hate Barty or don't want to see her do well in the future.

I'm a massive Barty fan but call a spade a spade. She choked in the Fed Cup & She has choked here. Kenin's game is vanilla. Barty with unforced errors just cost herself her National Grand Slam. Will be lucky to ever win another Slam unless her mental toughness improves. First set when she had 2 set points, had Kenin deep in the court off balance and just bunted the shot back for safety instead of going for the winner showed exactly where she is at when it comes to the crunch. Love her but real disappointed.
Kenin's game is far from vanilla mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sucks for Barty but I thought her best chance will always be at other slams where there's less pressure on her.

She will get plenty of chances to win majors, women's tennis is a free-for-all in a post-peak-Serena world. Hope the winner of Halep or Muguruza wins the whole thing. Nothing against Kenin but it's so good to see multiple Slam-winners popping up all over the tour (Halep, Muguruza, Osaka, Kerber).

I think between Barty, Osaka, Halep, Muguruza, Keys etc there is potential for the WTA to be as competitive as the 2000s when you had Serena, Venus, Davenport, Henin, Sharapova, Clijsters all around. Let's hope anyway!

Did it not once but twice in the TB, could understand it once but twice that’s a choke in that set. Unforced errors killed her

Sucks for Barty but I thought her best chance will always be at other slams where there's less pressure on her.

She will get plenty of chances to win majors, women's tennis is a free-for-all in a post-peak-Serena world. Hope the winner of Halep or Muguruza wins the whole thing. Nothing against Kenin but it's so good to see multiple Slam-winners popping up all over the tour (Halep, Muguruza, Osaka, Kerber).

I think between Barty, Osaka, Halep, Muguruza, Keys etc there is potential for the WTA to be as competitive as the 2000s when you had Serena, Venus, Davenport, Henin, Sharapova, Clijsters all around. Let's hope anyway!

Take your pick between Halep, Barty and Mertens who should go close on the clay. Barty is a great clay courter

Yeah imagine people having an opinion on a forum about an athlete who underperformed :rolleyes:

Just calling it as we see it. Doesn't mean we hate Barty or don't want to see her do well in the future.
She didn’t underperform, you’re all just cracking the shits because she couldn’t quite get over the last hurdle. Still the best performance by a female Aussie here in a long time, and there is no doubt she will have these opportunities again.

She didn’t underperform, you’re all just cracking the shits because she couldn’t quite get over the last hurdle. Still the best performance by a female Aussie here in a long time, and there is no doubt she will have these opportunities again.
Kay fella. Probably say the same about 2017.

Back