Health Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve tried asking this a few times now, but does anyone know why NSW isn’t reporting recovery figures daily like all other states? They’ve reported them once. Plenty of people have asked on social media too and nobody is providing an answer. The number of active cases is more relevant than the total.

Victoria’s active cases is relatively small now, there is no way NSW has 1000 more active cases than them.

Early on, I don't believe NSW were counting recoveries. A lot of their statistics are based on subtraction from national figures.

I wonder if the people working for Trump genuinely think he's a good leader or they just go with it cos they're paid so well.
I'd say they go with it since they are actually pulling all the strings of running the country, except when Trump has a brain fart in public. They just need to carefully plant their good ideas around Trump so he thinks he came up with them, considering how great he is.

ScoMo has basically said nothing changes for at least another month. Quite positive news really, even if a month turns into two months that's still a lot faster than originally predicted.
Scomo is smartly not giving much away.

You cannot predict much as it just changes daily. Keep expectations low and surpass them

Early on, I don't believe NSW were counting recoveries. A lot of their statistics are based on subtraction from national figures.
It depends on what you mean by 'counting recoveries'. NSW Health has always counted the number of diagnoses, deaths, and patients currently under care. The balancing figure can in some sense be treated as recoveries (although experts may take issue with that definition).

The reason public-domain data specifically surrounding recoveries has been fairly scant is mostly down to the primary purpose of the data releases. That is - to give people information that will help control the spread of the virus. As a result the important things to tell people are how many new cases we are seeing, and where they are coming from (both in terms of infection source and physical cluster). Once a case is identified and enters into clinical management, what happens to them from that point onwards is mostly unimportant from a prevention perspective.

Certainly a lot of people are interested in how and when identified cases resolve, but that's not necessarily a justification for publishing data on it it. After all, each of those data points is a real medical record relating to a real person. The more information you put out into the world about it, the more you're compromising that person's privacy and the greater risk you are putting them at of being identified.

NSW has to be particularly careful, because the case location data they have released is more detailed than any other state - right down to postcode level. Many of those postcodes have only a handful of cases - which means the privacy of those individuals is already at risk.

Last edited:
Got a question on video's being pulled from social media. I'm not up to date about this stuff.

I watched it and thought it was pretty good and well documented. Why is the video being pulled from media such as facebook.

Got a question on video's being pulled from social media. I'm not up to date about this stuff.

I watched it and thought it was pretty good and well documented. Why is the video being pulled from media such as facebook.

Whenever I see a random video with “what they don’t want you to know” I know it’s clickbait. First 5 seconds of that one looked terrible.

Whenever I see a random video with “what they don’t want you to know” I know it’s clickbait. First 5 seconds of that one looked terrible.
"Documentary"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was silly from him to add that. Watch it though, it's actually pretty good, well researched and informative.

Tell you what, these press conferences are so much more pleasant and amiable than a White House briefing.

- PM fully supports advice of CMO
- PM doesn't cut in when CMO is asked an awkward question, or refute when CMO goes off message
- Journalists ask thoughtful questions, PM tries to provide a thoughtful response, civil discussion ensues
- No propaganda video showing how great the PM is played to journalists while PM is smug on the sidelines

Just watched the PM/CMO press conference.
A perfect 10 from me.

New advice to ALL Australian schools from the AHPPC (Australian Health Protection Principal-Committee) just out.
It's quite long
Australian Health Protection Principal Committee (AHPPC) advice on reducing the potential risk of COVID-19 transmission in schools
Advice from the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee (AHPPC) for school leaders engaging with children, parents, teachers and support staff to reduce even further the relatively low risk of COVID-19 transmission in schools.
Date published:
16 April 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back