Player Watch #1 - Steven May - All Australian FB

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually thought our only two locks for the squad were Trac and May. Reckon he had a better season as a KPD than Gawn did as a ruck.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I agree but the good KPBs this year way outnumbered the good rucks

But I agree May should have been in the squad and was a75/25 chance for the team imo

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Well May we say "God save the Queen", because nothing will save the AA Selectors!
You got a love react there for the certified old fart political reference

I feel that they pick the side based as if they would play, perhaps they saw it as either weitering or may. Perhaps I'm biased and haven't taken too much notice of Essendon but surely gets in a head of Ridley?
Ridley had a decent season but no one can convince me he had a better season than May. Ridiculous oversight.

Hopefully he can back it up, get AA in 2021 and we can get him into his first final too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watched some of this ...

They put up some stats on May's season ... he conceded 10 goals this year ... 10! Would love to know how many there was in the last 7-8 games of the year as well, I remember seeing some stats a few month ago on how miserly he was, and even then he was probably close to 10 as it was.

Also mentions some of the selectors and Tredrea (who is in the clip) Richardson, Ling and Darcy ... which probably explains plenty tbh.

TheCount Demon bhoy

Conceded 3 goals in the last 10 games of the season. ******* rigged

View attachment 969171
I was waiting for my name check, bloke was extremely stiff to miss out on the 40 man Squad no doubt, but his good form personally just highlighted why you don’t give up pick 6 for a fullback.

When he was next to useless in 2019 we missed the finals, when he had the best year of his 10 year career we missed the finals, club won more games in the year before he arrived than they have in his 2 years at the club combined and his arrival was going to be the move that put us over the top.

Seriously. We have Ling, Darcy and Richardson picking AA?? No wonder it has become a laughable joke.

May should be in the starting 18. To not make the squad should see these muppets give up their positions on AA selection panel. That's how bad this oversight is.

I was waiting for my name check, bloke was extremely stiff to miss out on the 40 man Squad no doubt, but his good form personally just highlighted why you don’t give up pick 6 for a fullback.

When he was next to useless in 2019 we missed the finals, when he had the best year of his 10 year career we missed the finals, club won more games in the year before he arrived than they have in his 2 years at the club combined and his arrival was going to be the move that put us over the top.
Disagree. You win games by scoring more than the opposition - whether or not that is by a back man preventing the opposition scoring 3 or by a forward kicking 3.

I think we have the capacity to score a bit more - we still look like arse clowns more often than not pushing forward. Steven May’s value doesn’t drop because various of his teammates (or dare I say coaches) under achieve

What absolute dribble.

you're an actual dead set ******* idiot. its ok to be wrong i know its hard for you as you are hindsight Harry and you'll argue a point til no campaigner is listening but ya wrong on this 1 princess. Any campaigner with their head rammed up their own asses can see our backline is ten fold better with May in it. we've fixed our backline our forward hasnt worked cause the other farmer has turned to mud and his milkman has gone missing. thats why we missed the 8 this year compared to when we didn't have the fat over rated drunk.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back