2nds AFC 2021 SANFL Thread - We're baaaaaaaack (in the SANFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So so depressing the Crows team in SANFL that we are not even competitive .
So many kids with big reputations not even look like SANFL players let alone 1st and 2nd round draft picks.
Even Worrell who should have played in Perth due to form has gone backwards.
The club has to get this fixed as all these players development who are important to our growth as a club are going down the sewer.
Can we put all the blame on Godden when we have all these player development coaches and when do we point finger at Hamish in his recruiting.

So so depressing the Crows team in SANFL that we are not even competitive .
So many kids with big reputations not even look like SANFL players let alone 1st and 2nd round draft picks.
Even Worrell who should have played in Perth due to form has gone backwards.
The club has to get this fixed as all these players development who are important to our growth as a club are going down the sewer.
Can we put all the blame on Godden when we have all these player development coaches and when do we point finger at Hamish in his recruiting.
Is this the first time you've followed the Crows reserve side in the SANFL? We've been sh*t for years and were only competitive for some years when we had a lot of experienced AFL players in the reserve side instead of developing a list of very young AFL players.

Supposedly he is a very good SANFL coach but when you team is made up of very young AFL players......
Supposedly you don't have much idea if supposedly you think he is a good coach.

How about you start judging on what you see, rather than blindingly supporting what you are told.

Supposedly you don't have much idea if supposedly you think he is a good coach.

How about you start judging on what you see, rather than blindingly supporting what you are told.
Well, he was very successfully with a mature Eagle team in the SANFL for many years, hence why he got the AFL gig, supposedly.......

Well, he was very successfully with a mature Eagle team in the SANFL for many years, hence why he got the AFL gig, supposedly.......
Yet you are trying to tell me he is good for a YOUNG side.

You do understand the difference between a MATURE Eagles side & a YOUNG Crows side... which requires a different set of skills.

Perhaps think about what you are posting....

You do understand the difference between a MATURE Eagles side & a YOUNG Crows side... which requires a different set of skills.

Settle down, Kane. Jesus Christ.

No, what I'm saying is any coach will struggle with making a side, were all the AFL listed players are youngsters, competitive in a SANFL competition full of mature players especially playing against a mature side who haven't lost a game all season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He wasn't really, considering the talent they had at their disposal. Would finish top two and get bundled out of finals pretty quickly.

No, what I'm saying is any coach will struggle with making a side were all the AFL listed players are youngsters competitive in a SANFL competition full of mature players especially playing against a mature side who haven't lost a game all season.
That's not what you said before with your conflicting posts.

Do you realise a different skill set is needed to teach younger players?

I'll give you a clue that Godden is not suitable for this role.

Settle down, Kane. Jesus Christ.
Ah yes another club apologise confortable we have an unsuitable sanfl coach.

I have higher standards than you.

Get over it as I want to improve!

That's not what you said before with your conflicting posts.

Do you realise a different skill set is needed to teach younger players?

I'll give you a clue that Godden is not suitable for this role.
I said "Supposedly he is a very good SANFL coach but when your team is made up of very young AFL players......", how is that "conflicting"? He is struggling as will any other coach given the AFL list players are all very young players, I guess you have insider knowledge he isn't good at developing young players but Jones did improve when he was moved back the backline.

I said "Supposedly he is a very good SANFL coach but when your team is made up of very young AFL players......", how is that "conflicting"? He is struggling as will any other coach given the AFL list players are all very young players, I guess you have insider knowledge he isn't good at developing young players but Jones did improve when he was moved back the backline.
Do you honestly think Godden is a competent coach for developing young players?

Yes or no?

It would be remiss of us not to examine our development/reserves structure.

We've added Bello this year but largely stuck with the same team - Reilly, Wright, Godden.

We overhauled our senior coaching group and are seeing some positive glimpses so far.

I wonder how Bello sees his support crew?

I know pedlar and cook are coming back from injuries but both look a mile away from sanfl league standard let alone AFL. I still rate both highly but its disappointing two of our 1st round picks from last year are so far away.
Might help Pedlar if they put him near the ball for 10 minutes a quarter. Kid is stuck in the forward line that doesn’t see any pill.

It would be remiss of us not to examine our development/reserves structure.

We've added Bello this year but largely stuck with the same team - Reilly, Wright, Godden.

We overhauled our senior coaching group and are seeing some positive glimpses so far.

I wonder how Bello sees his support crew?

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Crows were looking at Glenelg coach Brett Hand. Huge experience with young teams and development and that’s what he’s brought to the Bays.

Godden is not the problem we just don't have a very good side. There are only a handful of players in our team who I think could have any kind of AFL career and a few that won't ever be SANFL standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back