PS5 Playstation 5 - Articles, accessories and everything else

Remove this Banner Ad

I've noticed my disc drive has started to become very loud when loading up games now. Seems like a common issue with the console if you do a quick google search.

Anyone else consoles doing the same? I honestly never noticed it until I started with Ratchet and Clank. I don't want to have issues with the console after the warranty period ends lol

I've noticed my disc drive has started to become very loud when loading up games now. Seems like a common issue with the console if you do a quick google search.

Anyone else consoles doing the same? I honestly never noticed it until I started with Ratchet and Clank. I don't want to have issues with the console after the warranty period ends lol
You have warranty for 2 years, so no need to panic

Mines only ever loud when i'm installing a disc, has been since day one after that you hardly/don't hear it.

You have warranty for 2 years, so no need to panic

Mines only ever loud when i'm installing a disc, has been since day one after that you hardly/don't hear it.
Yeah, mine is the same. Other than the initial bootup but it sounds like a buzzing/vibration sound. The Playstation website has a section you can fill in to find out whether you should take your PS5 in for repair. After answering the questions it says that it's normal. I dunno though...sounds weird. I'll try and post a video of it.

-edit- where did you get 2 years for the warranty? I believe it's only 12 months?

Mines been doing the same since I got Ratchet and Clank as well, no issues before hand.

Yeah, mine is the same. Other than the initial bootup but it sounds like a buzzing/vibration sound. The Playstation website has a section you can fill in to find out whether you should take your PS5 in for repair. After answering the questions it says that it's normal. I dunno though...sounds weird. I'll try and post a video of it.

-edit- where did you get 2 years for the warranty? I believe it's only 12 months?

You live in 'straya mate, the manufacturers warranty means **** all.

Mines been doing the same since I got Ratchet and Clank as well, no issues before hand.
Interesting! I should try another PS5 game and see what it does.

Anyone else having controller issues, my x and square button feel like they are stuck down.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

No, but this controller is the first in history to give me wrist aches after long seasons. I was actually going to ask if anyone else is experiencing this too.

I've blown a trigger spring on one of mine, in process of getting it replaced

Ive just picked up my other one and the X button feels stuck in that one aswell. Feels weird when it vibrates, like it’s loose or something.

I don’t want to send both back if it’s gonna leave me without controllers…

Mines the same. I went on the website and got the same answer as you. If it only happens when installing a game its supposedly normal as they said its running at a higher speed during that process. It certainly doesnt sound normal to me. We both have ours vertical i wonder if horizontal its the same.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mines the same. I went on the website and got the same answer as you. If it only happens when installing a game its supposedly normal as they said its running at a higher speed during that process. It certainly doesnt sound normal to me. We both have ours vertical i wonder if horizontal its the same.
The videos on Youtube show people with them horizontal having the same issue. I agree, it doesn't sound normal to me. I feel like Sony will say it's normal for a long as possible to avoid a warranty issue. Friends of mine have to tried to call up and said they haven't had much luck.

The drums for Blue Box Studios is getting louder, too many coincidences are piling up. Whether Kojima is involved with the project or not there's something unusual about this.

This certainly seemed to be Silent Hill or something Kojima to begin with and was catagorically denied. I agree it hasn't stopped the rumours though.

Ive just picked up my other one and the X button feels stuck in that one aswell. Feels weird when it vibrates, like it’s loose or something.

I don’t want to send both back if it’s gonna leave me without controllers…

Just took them both back to EB and they replaced them with brand new ones.

This Blue Box rabbit hole has been better than E3. What's with the number 27?

Thats the date the game was cancelled. This article breaks it all down

Amazon has controllers for $69 and the Pulse headsets for $104 for Prime day.

Just bought the controller. I don’t have many opportunities to play games with anyone at home but controllers do get wear and tear (and are occasionally dropped) over the years, so why not.

I was hoping for a price drop for Returnal but not to be unfortunately.

Yep the game deals are thoroughly underwhelming. Ghost of Tsushima for $34 and Demon's Souls for $78 as good as we've gotten.

Also picked up an extra controller and a charging dock though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back