Bluemour Melting Pot XXX - Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would back Ross to get the most out of players like Setters. Yes, he did have a horrible year. He has played good footy in the past and hopefully he is far from a spent force.
Too one-dimensional. Sick of carrying players that need every little thing to be in their favour in order to play decent footy and contribute properly. Eg. Stocker, sure it's not ideal but he has made a great fist of playing in a back pocket rather than the midfield (clue: it's because he's a good FOOTBALLER).

Thought Sayers spoke really well on SEN this morning. Interesting things that went under the radar:

1) Apparently Teague preferred to wait until the end of the season for the review findings and feedback. This goes against the media narrative of us stringing him along for weeks.

2) Deisel will head the approach/search for a new coach. This indicates to me that Lyon is a formality appointment (which I approve of) considering the supposed good relationship between Deisel and Lyon.

The annoying thing with the mainstream media is that all the focus is on the delivery of the decision and the historic instability at the club which is all insignificant. However the important thing that doesn’t get enough coverage is that we reached the correct outcome for the club to drive us forward. No media pundit or journalist could argue otherwise.

Sayers and Diesel need at a minimum to interview Bucks, Scott, Pyke and Voss, unless they don't want to apply.

Can't give the job to Lyon without the above regardless of any view, because externally it will look shithouse.

It's a factor because neither of our KPFs (Curnow and McKay) can help out taking a turn in the ruck on ball. Personally I'd much prefer to continue with JSOS as the relief ruck but if Riccardi could chop out TDK occasionally it definitely helps out structurally.

I agree though another mature ruck on the list is imperative, don't want Pittonet back in the side.
6’4-6’5ish, has good athleticism, aerobic ability and strong body type.
191cms, a smidge over 6' 3"

Too one-dimensional. Sick of carrying players that need every little thing to be in their favour in order to play decent footy and contribute properly. Eg. Stocker, sure it's not ideal but he has made a great fist of playing in a back pocket rather than the midfield (clue: it's because he's a good FOOTBALLER).

Lyon did touch on Setters, wait for it, play him as an inside mid

A little harsh on Setters I think.

Had a shocking year but played some very decent football last year out on a wing, which probably isn't his natural position.

Very reluctant to write him off or move him on at the end of this year, because I don't believe what we saw from him is what he can provide. I'm backing him to turn it around in 2022.

The perhaps cynical, slightly jaded side of me can't help but think that last night's call between Sayers and Lyon was to talk through how to stage manage this period until the inevitable announcement of Lyon's appointment. You know, to allow time for the 'process' to play out.

Probably just working through what could be tackled in the meantime, e.g. discussion of assistant coaching positions, some brainstorming re the script for Footy Classified next week, confirmation of polo shirt size for the presser, that sort of thing.

Ross does like to play a lot of big bodied mids on the ball together and try to smash teams at contested ball. Used to have Fyfe, Barlow and Mundy in there together. Could see him trying similar with Cripps, Kennedy and Setterfield (come on down Brodie Kemp!)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

6’4-6’5ish, has good athleticism, aerobic ability and strong body type.

Perfect……basically a Levi replacement. TKD number 1. Pitto the back up when TKD needs a rest/injury

TKD and Omac could also come in and do the ruck fwd role when Riccardi unavailable.

Ruck stocks instantly better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sayers and Diesel need at a minimum to interview Bucks, Scott, Pyke and Voss, unless they don't want to apply.

Can't give the job to Lyon without the above regardless of any view, because externally it will look shithouse.
Yup its paramount due process is done regarding our new coach selection, otherwise it will be untenable, media and disgruntled supports will rabid with dissension.

Ross does like to play a lot of big bodied mids on the ball together and try to smash teams at contested ball. Used to have Fyfe, Barlow and Mundy in there together. Could see him trying similar with Cripps, Kennedy and Setterfield (come on down Brodie Kemp!)
Would much rather use JSOS in that role than Setterfield. But good call!

buckley as midfield coach - yes please - along with a helping elbow from diesel - unlikely anyone called figjam would step down to that role and the media calls but hell yeah

Perfect……basically a Levi replacement. TKD number 1. Pitto the back up when TKD needs a rest/injury

TKD and Omac could also come in and do the ruck fwd role when Riccardi unavailable.

Ruck stocks instantly better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just as long as he isn’t another Zac Williams, recruit him with a specific role in my mind with not much of a previous sample size and then find out he can’t or won’t play that role.

We have no depth nor quality kids coming through.
I'm laughing at supporters thinking McGovern will be part of our future.
He is an embarrassment.
Agree

Unless we can find a taker for McGovern, I'd happily give him away for free (picks wise) if someone will take his salary.

No doubt he is comfort eating after the loss of Teague
How long have we had McGlutton now? Surely he's nearly completed his 5 year contract?
I actually don't think we should trade him, I think we should offer him a 2 year, greatly reduced contract and tell him he owes us.
McNuggets or Injuries aside, he is still the best set shot in our side.

One of our most talented kids may now be moved out of the back pocket and placed in the middle too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back