• After the bye

Votes: 59 21.2%
  • End of the season

Votes: 68 24.5%
  • Never - coach for life

Votes: 89 32.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Pfft Geelong lose prelims all the time and we keep finishing top 4.
If Ken Hinkley gets sacked this season, does that mean Hinkley is worse than Ross Lyon? LoL.

Also...... Does that mean Ross Lyon has a chance to apply for the Port Adelaide coaching job at the end of the season? LoL

Hinkley's post match comments were all looking back when he should be looking forward.
Someone needs to show him that Super ad that says "past performance isn't a predictor of future performance".

Blind Freddy can see that Hinkley is done.

As somebody that has wanted him sacked since the end of 2018 it feels like forever at this stage.

2015- Missed Finals
2016- Missed Finals
2017- Got belted by 84 points by the Crows and got knocked out in an Elimination Final
2018- Missed Finals
2019- Missed Finals
2021- Belted by 71 points in Prelim
2022- 0-4 start to the season including a 64 point loss to Hawthorn and a goalless half against Melbourne.

Our board is full of corporates that are happy just to exist so he'll probably end up seeing out the season and perhaps even next year as well. FML!

If Ken Hinkley gets sacked this season, does that mean Hinkley is worse than Ross Lyon? LoL.

Also...... Does that mean Ross Lyon has a chance to apply for the Port Adelaide coaching job at the end of the season? LoL

There is a chance Port may consider The Great Enemy of Football post Hinkley. Importantly he is not from SA so they can blame everything on people from other states on that when things go wrong.

how was 2007 an unlosable game exactly? heavy underdogs going in.

It's 15 years ago now but I remember feeling hopeful going into that GF against Geelong. In Round 21 2007 Port beat Geelong by 5 points at Kardinia Park. In the Prelim Final we smashed the Kangaroos by 87 points and were on a 6 game winning streak. That GF was one of the only Port games I've watched in my life where I just turned the tv off in the 3rd quarter and walked away because I couldn't watch it anymore!

The richmond revolution points to joy. Whoever can make footy fun again. Then build on that. It will take you places.

They look so downtrodden, it's contagious to the fans. Ken must have things he'd prefer doing, surely. Go and di them.

The huge final loss at home last season has terminally hurt Ken.
They were brutally opened up and exposed to the footy world.
I believe Ken stated later that he wouldn’t change a thing … ?
If Koch intends continuing, he’ll sniff the breeze and cut the cord with Ken …
I think Kochie is too arrogant to do that, he's backed Kenny in all the way so he would have to admit he was wrong to sack Ken. Definitely wasted time keeping him around though, sack and reset.

Somehow Kane Cornes still defends him. Ken is a great coach with a lot of integrity and saved the club. Im surprised there's not a statue of him at Alberton

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is his contract status ??

If he has one year to go then they may hang on to him, multiple years and they would be inclined to negotiate a settlement.
AFL introduced max 6 month payouts due to covid, so no need to negotiate anything. Just sack him, give him his 6 months and move on.
But Koch is clueless, so don't expect this to happen anytime soon.

2015- Missed Finals
2016- Missed Finals
2017- Got belted by 84 points by the Crows and got knocked out in an Elimination Final
2018- Missed Finals
2019- Missed Finals
2021- Belted by 71 points in Prelim
2022- 0-4 start to the season including a 64 point loss to Hawthorn and a goalless half against Melbourne.

Skips out the 1 year they got within a kick of the GF, and only that one year in a desperate attempt to make his record look worse.

Skips out the 1 year they got within a kick of the GF, and only that one year in a desperate attempt to make his record look worse.

"almost" getting to a grand final may look like a great achievement to an essendon supporter who hasnt won a final for 15 years, but it really isn't.

statistically speaking every 4.5 years you should be in a prelim fighting for a GF spot.

ken sucks.

he's like the skid mark on the bowl that just won't flush

2014, 2020, 2021, that's 3 times in 10 years... so Ken's well above average. Thanks for the confirmation.
How's he going for Grand Final appearances?

We made a prelim and lost by 3 points in 2014 as well. At the end of the day Hinkley has failed to take any of his team's to a Grand Final. We have injuries atm but that doesn't excuse a goalless half and horrible game plan from "wouldn't change a thing" Ken!

Back