• Jackson Nelson
  • Callum Jamieson
  • Hurn
  • Kennedy
  • Langdon
  • Dixon
  • Naish (this bloke is appalling)
  • Rotham (no heart)
West has been one of our better players and is improving. Jamieson and Dixon have showed something. Same for Naish and Rotham. Langdon has a crack and is one of our better forwards. Nelson should be trade bait / delisted. Hurn and Kennedy will retire. Shuey should retire at the end of this season as his body isnt up to it anymore.

Last edited:

The definitive list that needs the arse:

• Connor West
  • Jackson Nelson
  • Callum Jamieson
  • Hurn
  • Kennedy
  • Langdon
  • Dixon
  • Rotham (no heart)
1653544112272.png

You basically just gutted some of our best players at the moment (which speaks volumes about our state).

I agree with JK, H. The easiest by far choice on that list: NELSON.

Completely culling the list would be a mistake, and a recipe for years in the wilderness. Players like Kelly, Yeo and Sheed will be around for the next 5 years and are still very good players to build around once fit and firing.

People over estimate the importance of individual players in a team's performance. The team is greater than the sum of its parts. It's how the team plays together that has a massive bearing on whether Player A looks like a spud vs a champion.

Yes, we need to find some young talent to come through... But more importantly we need to get past out injury/fitness issues and build a winning system. Things look bad, but we'll be back sooner than most think I reckon.

Completely culling the list would be a mistake, and a recipe for years in the wilderness. Players like Kelly, Yeo and Sheed will be around for the next 5 years and are still very good players to build around once fit and firing.

People over estimate the importance of individual players in a team's performance. The team is greater than the sum of its parts. It's how the team plays together that has a massive bearing on whether Player A looks like a spud vs a champion.

Yes, we need to find some young talent to come through... But more importantly we need to get past out injury/fitness issues and build a winning system. Things look bad, but we'll be back sooner than most think I reckon.
Just as darling is important to our structure as we rebuild a forward line.

View attachment 1409104

You basically just gutted some of our best players at the moment (which speaks volumes about our state).

I agree with JK, H. The easiest by far choice on that list: NELSON.
Connor West is a lovely story, but he's a terrible ball user by foot and offers nothing but a body to crash into. The mechanics on his kicking are similar to Ainsworth, you just won't be able to correct it.

Nelson is whinging, ill-disciplined filler. Maybe one more year to cop hits.

Jamieson, never seen someone get smashed, as badly, as often as this kid. Too small to ruck without a decent leap. Sooner the experiment is over, the better for all involved.

Hurn to retire.

Kennedy to retire.

Langdon is just a spud.

Dixon, maybe rough on him, but looks as though he's never seen a gym in his life.

Naish is without doubt, the most detrimental player on the field for WCE at the moment, he looks for cheap kicks wide, fears traffic and slows down an already snail paced side down.

Rotham is weak.

Witherden, very lucky to not be on this list.

Connor West is a lovely story, but he's a terrible ball user by foot and offers nothing but a body to crash into. The mechanics on his kicking are similar to Ainsworth, you just won't be able to correct it.

Jamieson, never seen someone get smashed, as badly, as often as this kid. Too small to ruck without a decent leap. Sooner the experiment is over, the better for all involved.

Hurn to retire.

Kennedy to retire.

Langdon is just a spud.

Dixon, maybe rough on him, but looks as though he's never seen a gym in his life.

Naish is without doubt, the most detrimental player on the field for WCE at the moment, he looks for cheap kicks wide, fears traffic and slows down an already snail paced side down.

Rotham is weak.

Well, no need for you to apply for the List Managers job.
You could revise this in 12 months time but we need all these players at the moment.
With you on nelson, I reckon Jamieson will come good with maturity. He WANT'S to do well, and he will.

Well, no need for you to apply for the List Managers job.
You could revise this in 12 months time but we need all these players at the moment.
With you on nelson, I reckon Jamieson will come good with maturity. He WANT'S to do well, and he will.
Sorry, he's garbage. It's pretty evident to anyone without a blue & gold cap on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hurn to retire.

Kennedy to retire.

Langdon is just a spud.

Rotham is weak.

Living in the past re west - he has adapted to he pace........ - well its crap - watch a game

The definitive list that needs the arse:

• Connor West
  • Jackson Nelson
  • Callum Jamieson
  • Hurn
  • Kennedy
  • Langdon
  • Dixon
  • Rotham (no heart)
I'm not sure whether you're trolling or haven't been watching much football this year.

Jamieson, now he's being used as a ruck rather than a full back, is actually looking like he might develop into a decent ruck. If we play him as such for the rest of the year we'll have a pretty good idea, but I can see him as a #1 ruck, with BWilliams as the backup/3rd tall forward. Strnadica much more on the chopping block.

West is someone who would be useful. As is Naish. There are older, injury destroyed guys ahead of these two in my book.

Mixed feelings on Langdon. If Winder gets a good run and Rioli and Ryan come back he could be on the outer. Edit for Phil - on the outer as a player. Not getting selected. Sitting on the sidelines and going at end of 2023.
But I'd rather see Cripps retire.

Agree re Nelson, Hurn, JK and Dixon. But there's others ahead of the rest.

Last edited:
Oh...O.K, you are right and the majority on here are wrong. Got it.

Normally how it goes.

Anyone who thinks West & Jameson are going to make it needs their heads read, both very average, but because they display effort in a side bereft of competitiveness, they are standing out.

Not AFL standard, you'll work it out, in your own time.

I'm not sure whether you're trolling or haven't been watching much football this year.

Jamieson, now he's being used as a ruck rather than a full back, is actually looking like he might develop into a decent ruck. If we play him as such for the rest of the year we'll have a pretty good idea, but I can see him as a #1 ruck, with BWilliams as the backup/3rd tall forward. Strnadica much more on the chopping block.

West is someone who would be useful. As is Naish. There are older, injury destroyed guys ahead of these two in my book.

Mixed feelings on Langdon. If Winder gets a good run and Rioli and Ryan come back he could be on the outer.
But I'd rather see Cripps retire.

Agree re Nelson, Hurn, JK and Dixon. But there's others ahead of the rest.

Langdon is contracted for next year.

Normally how it goes.

Anyone who thinks West & Jameson are going to make it needs their heads read, both very average, but because they display effort in a side bereft of competitiveness, they are standing out.

They’ve both got half a pocketful of games under their belts and have spent a lot of time playing out of position.

The improvement they’re showing as they become more experienced means they’re likely (hopefully) going to be retained.

Theres plenty more on the list you’d be kicking out the door before you’d consider these guys.

I agree with 3 on your ‘definitive’ lol list. 2 of those guys are already contracted for next year so aren’t going anywhere soon.

3 out of 9, which is an F overall and a pretty pissweak effort.

They’ve both got half a pocketful of games under their belts and have spent a lot of time playing out of position.

The improvement they’re showing as they become more experienced means they’re likely (hopefully) going to be retained.

Theres plenty more on the list you’d be kicking out the door before you’d consider these guys.

I agree with 3 on your ‘definitive’ lol list. 2 of those guys are already contracted for next year so aren’t going anywhere soon.

3 out of 9, which is an F overall and a pretty pissweak effort.

Piss weak is a percentage of 53% and one win at round 11.

I must have missed the bit where the players you're advocating for were at all competitive?

Getting flogged, EVERY WEEK.

Last edited:

I must have missed the bit where the players your advocating for were at all competitive?

West has been one of the only guys in our side who has been competitive. Jamieson has competed well in his 2 games in the ruck. Over and above what most would’ve expected. Stupid to get rid of them.

West has been one of the only guys in our side who has been competitive. Jamieson has competed well in his 2 games in the ruck. Over and above what most would’ve expected. Stupid to get rid of them.

Exactly my point.

I'm not saying those two aren't trying, they're just not very good.

Proof is kind of in the pudding.

I must have missed the bit where the players you're advocating for were at all competitive?

It's obvious that you must be a new Purple supporter and have forgotten when Freo were the whipping boys.
Either that or you are very lacking in humility.

Normally how it goes.

To be more realistic, culling those two above would be insanely dumb right now: one isn't really tested (J) and one has been doing better than the majority of our "A-grade" midfielders, like Kelly who's basically inconsistent-no effort-garbage and Shuey who's held together by Clag glue.

In your infinite wisdom, with your purple and white tighties on, who would we replace West with?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back