List clean out is urgently needed

Remove this Banner Ad

Exactly my point.

I'm not saying those two aren't trying, they're just not very good.

Proof is kind of in the pudding.
If they’re competing well and improving as they go then they’re worth holding onto until they get to around 50 games to see what they really are.

Theres no way we’re getting rid of someone like West and keeping players like Shuey, Redden and Joyce on the list.

Try using some grey matter.

To be more realistic, culling those two above would be insanely dumb right now: one isn't really tested (J) and one has been doing better than the majority of our "A-grade" midfielders, like Kelly who's basically inconsistent-no effort-garbage and Shuey who's held together by Clag glue.

In your infinite wisdom, with your purple and white tighties on, who would we replace West with?

At the end of the year?

Any draftee who can demonstrate the ability to kick and win ground ball.

Then it's a process of time, playing West, at the detriment of a more talented option (who is also willing to compete) because he tries hard, would be the dumbest decision WCE could make.

There is a reason WCE won a flag following Priddis's retirement, he got out of the way...

Langdon is contracted for next year.

giphy.gif

At the end of the year?

Any draftee who can demonstrate the ability to kick and win ground ball.

Then it's a process of time, playing West, at the detriment of a more talented option (who is also willing to compete) because he tries hard, would be the dumbest decision WCE could make.

There is a reason WCE won a flag following Priddis's retirement, he got out of the way...
Playing a team based on "any draftee who can .." is like playing a team in fantasy AFL. It's make-believe until it happens.
I'd rather bank on West for the moment and sure, if talent pops up, why not?

Beyond the purple haze, my point being you can't bank on sh!t you don't have, until it's there - IF it's there.

Playing a team based on "any draftee who can .." is like playing a team in fantasy AFL. It's make-believe until it happens.
I'd rather bank on West for the moment and sure, if talent pops up, why not?

Beyond the purple haze, my point being you can't bank on sh!t you don't have, until it's there - IF it's there.

The definition of madness is doing the same thing again and again, then expecting a different result.

How many times do you need to see your midfield get torched with Jameson & West in there to realise they're just not up to it now, or ever?

The definition of madness is doing the same thing again and again, then expecting a different result.
Hahahahahaha
This was what Freo were doing for bloody years.

I'm all for opposition posters coming over and posting opinions. Alot what you have suggested has no backing with proof and I'm sorry but You can move along now and dream about your first flag in 10 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Connor West is a lovely story, but he's a terrible ball user by foot and offers nothing but a body to crash into. The mechanics on his kicking are similar to Ainsworth, you just won't be able to correct it.

Nelson is whinging, ill-disciplined filler. Maybe one more year to cop hits.

Jamieson, never seen someone get smashed, as badly, as often as this kid. Too small to ruck without a decent leap. Sooner the experiment is over, the better for all involved.

Hurn to retire.

Kennedy to retire.

Langdon is just a spud.

Dixon, maybe rough on him, but looks as though he's never seen a gym in his life.

Naish is without doubt, the most detrimental player on the field for WCE at the moment, he looks for cheap kicks wide, fears traffic and slows down an already snail paced side down.

Rotham is weak.

Witherden, very lucky to not be on this list.
Not sure if you are trolling but i agree with most of what you posted. Half of the Eagles team is made up of other clubs rejects, Wafl players and retirees. Will be adding another two next week, you cannot build a premiership list in this way..

Not sure if you are trolling but i agree with most of what you posted. Half of the Eagles team is made up of other clubs rejects, Wafl players and retirees. Will be adding another two next week, you cannot build a premiership list in this way..
"Eagles team is made up of other clubs rejects, Wafl players and retirees". True.
But.. you can't build a team on just drafted, untested players. Mediochre dudes are needed to fill gaps while we search for talent.
Norf are a classic example of option 1.

Yeah Melbourne are filled with other team’s discards - Dunstan, ….
Ben Brown? Melksham? not many they do have Daw and M Brown on their list but they dont play

Dont count May Lever Hibberd Langdon Tomlinson as rejects from other clubs (Brown doesnt really count either)

How many times do you need to see your midfield get torched with Jameson & West in there to realise they're just not up to it now, or ever?
You're a dickhead mate... Seems everyone on this board acknowledges WC 2022 season is wipe because of injuries, covid and an aging list except you dockerboy.

WC will get 2 more young players to look after next week and there will be a mandatory cull prior to the 2022 ND... and everything starts again.

You probably should be examining and discussing with your own mob why purple won't make top 4 and lose any chance of winning a premiership.

In one area I still agree with the dockers poster. Even though he has been much, much better, hits the ball and the man hard and is evasive I don't think Connor Wests skills either by hand or foot are AFL quality. That doesn't mean he doesn't deserve another year or 2 but in a contending side he would be lucky to be kept at ready to go plug and play depth.

The one thing I really want outside of the acknowledged areas that need overhaul I will just speak of the list. We need players like West, Jones, Clark, Naish etc as hard bodies and injury cover to protect the young incoming talent. Even if we consider a really bad injury affected season with no Covid could you imagine our midfield is we didn't have those guys and we had Shuey, Sheed, Yeo, Gaff all injured at the same time.

By gutting their senior players this is what ****ed Carlton, North Melbourne and Melbourne. In each and every case it set the club back a full rebuild cycle. I still think you need 15 strong bodies out there at least every week protecting the youngsters. It's why even though I rate him as an A grade talent and the best young player on our list (Hough) I would rather he plays just a few more games this year and if he's sore or anything like that rest him. He is nowhere near AFL ready size wise, even as a HBF. I see him as either a superstar half back or a genuine Yeo replacement with better game sense. Has the marking and the mongrel too.

So if we're looking at next generation Stars I already see 2 on our list. Hough and Allen.

In one area I still agree with the dockers poster. Even though he has been much, much better, hits the ball and the man hard and is evasive I don't think Connor Wests skills either by hand or foot are AFL quality. That doesn't mean he doesn't deserve another year or 2 but in a contending side he would be lucky to be kept at ready to go plug and play depth.

The one thing I really want outside of the acknowledged areas that need overhaul I will just speak of the list. We need players like West, Jones, Clark, Naish etc as hard bodies and injury cover to protect the young incoming talent. Even if we consider a really bad injury affected season with no Covid could you imagine our midfield is we didn't have those guys and we had Shuey, Sheed, Yeo, Gaff all injured at the same time.

By gutting their senior players this is what ducked Carlton, North Melbourne and Melbourne. In each and every case it set the club back a full rebuild cycle. I still think you need 15 strong bodies out there at least every week protecting the youngsters. It's why even though I rate him as an A grade talent and the best young player on our list (Hough) I would rather he plays just a few more games this year and if he's sore or anything like that rest him. He is nowhere near AFL ready size wise, even as a HBF. I see him as either a superstar half back or a genuine Yeo replacement with better game sense. Has the marking and the mongrel too.

So if we're looking at next generation Stars I already see 2 on our list. Hough and Allen.
Just as Jones was the heart and soul of Melbourne until the rebuilt was complete. We need West

Just as Jones was the heart and soul of Melbourne until the rebuilt was complete. We need West

Character wise I don't know enough about West for him to be considered a heart and sould player in the way that say Nathan Jones was or Richie Vanderburg for the Hawks.

Nicnat is the heart and soul of the club we all follow and support. He is set for life here in WA. After he retires he will almost certainly be kept on as a ruck coach and on a very, very cushy salary as apart of his academy and out speaking in the community.

I'd like to see who people see as heart and soul west coast players outside of those likely to retire this year or next. I'm not sure I see any. To be a heart and sould player you need to leave everything on the park, everything on the training track and you have to be loved and admired by your teammates. To me i'm not sure that can be a guy who's been on the list 12 months. Could west or similar become that player, sure, but he's not at that stage yet.

I'd like to see who people see as heart and soul west coast players outside of those likely to retire this year or next. I'm not sure I see any. To be a heart and sould player you need to leave everything on the park, everything on the training track and you have to be loved and admired by your teammates. To me i'm not sure that can be a guy who's been on the list 12 months. Could west or similar become that player, sure, but he's not at that stage yet.

Shuey. I've got some criticisms around standards dropping on his watch and he's had a rough time with injuries but he started the comeback with the goal in 2018 GF and played one of the best games of footy I've ever seen. Even on the weekend you could see him playing with aggression, something we've been severely lacking which I believe was an attempt to lead and give the example to other players as best his body allowed.

I recall a game years back when he deliberately looked for Murray Newman to get him a goal in the late stages of a game we were miles ahead in. Also could've pissed off back to Melbourne any time he wanted but stood by and pushed for the club.

While father time is starting to catch up Luke Shuey should be considered an all time great at this footy club.

Shuey. I've got some criticisms around standards dropping on his watch and he's had a rough time with injuries but he started the comeback with the goal in 2018 GF and played one of the best games of footy I've ever seen. Even on the weekend you could see him playing with aggression, something we've been severely lacking which I believe was an attempt to lead and give the example to other players as best his body allowed.

I recall a game years back when he deliberately looked for Murray Newman to get him a goal in the late stages of a game we were miles ahead in. Also could've pissed off back to Melbourne any time he wanted but stood by and pushed for the club.

While father time is starting to catch up Luke Shuey should be considered an all time great at this footy club.

He absolutely is but like Nicnat he's not going to be here for the rebuild on field.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back