No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. What I said at the start of the week to Ned Ryerson was just calm down and wait to get more info / evidence before we stone the guy. I know what it all comes down to for a lot here is who instigated the contact first (Clarko, his manager or them) but Clarko clearly in this pressor has said it was them and that he only took the meeting due to the respect of the process. I guess everyone is in their own right to not take / not take him on his word but I do. Will we ever know the total truth? Probably not but one thing I do know now is that Clarko is the enemy now but one that I don't hate as much as the * so the world doesn't feel as bad as what it could've been.

One thing I am glad about is I won't have to sit through Clarko's post game pressor's anymore and cringe every time he says 'by and large' as a filler word 😂
I am expecting there will be 'swings and roundabout's ' requiring a little more ' polish ' against ' formidable opposition' to come

Also interesting that Clarkson seemingly conceded that he needs good people like Fagan, Viney etc. around him due to his strong character. Looks like he has had time to reflect and could possibly have been a discussion North initiated looking back at his style and success.
Pretty obvious in hindsight he lost the plot after Fagan left.

Clarko presser is pretty fascinating. I’ll put my hand up and say that I didn’t think he was talking to Essendon in any meaningful way. He says that they were never any serious chance, it was a left field last ditch proposal, they only chatted once, which was on Tuesday, and that he only met Barham out of respect to the club. Denies instigating it in any way.

Maybe he should have told them to * off, and to be honest I’m surprised he didn’t, but if what he saying is true and he sounded pretty genuine, then I don’t think he’s worthy of some of the vitriol thrown around these parts this week.
Everyone taking Clarko's words at face value all the while criticising people who felt there might be some accuracy in the reports can get in the bin. Clarko was on camera, tears in his eyes, saying he was dedicated to the club and waxing lyrical about not going anywhere a week prior to resigning last year.

As terrible an organisation as Essendon have been I can't see them imploding their club like this if he was treating them like "not a serious chance".

Why would you want to coach a club which treats people like that?
He probably doesn't but if he resigns he wont get that last year's payout. He will either force them to sack him so he gets it or just wait it out and do whatever the heck he wants next year. Its great.

Weird thing to get riled up about. He did start his career there after all, the quality of his games is a needless jab too.

Needless jab...

Could be perceived as needling.

Or just being a prick.

Certainly injected something new into the discussion.

Maybe just getting his fix.

No need to shoot up the messenger.

Wouldn't want your post TB4 nothing, after all.

The other thing I am glad about is I won't have to sit through Clarko's post game pressor's anymore and cringe every time he says 'by and large' as a filler word 😂
Wonder if he'll bulk buy polish..............

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone taking Clarko's words at face value all the while criticising people who felt there might be some accuracy in the reports can get in the bin. Clarko was on camera, tears in his eyes, saying he was dedicated to the club and waxing lyrical about not going anywhere a week prior to resigning last year.

As terrible an organisation as Essendon have been I can't see them imploding their club like this if he was treating them like "not a serious chance".
Take the L and move on from this one mate.

What happened last year has been explained and talked about many times, but you still want to go with this overly simplistic good guys / bad guys take that ignores what's been reported.

Like all things in life, there are grey areas and nuances, and maybe the truth lies somewhere in the middle on this Essendon thing, but even if it does, it doesn't justify some of the bizarre hot takes.

Possibly but; 'at the minute', 'he's a ripper' because 'over the journey' his focus is getting the Roos 'in contention for silverware'...
I was half expecting him to roll out a “we’ll lick our wounds” after the week they’ve had…

even when they win, they lose:

View attachment 1483000
Reminds me of those buggy late 90's AFL videogames...

Bruce: Welcome to the MCG for todays game between... Collingwood Mapies... and... North Melbourne Kangaroos. I'm tipping... North Melbourne. Derm?

Derm: Thanks Bruce. I'm going the other way. I'm backing... the Roos.

Disappointed no one's had 'a lick of the ice-cream yet'

video of Clarko giving Essendon their ice cream to lick:

ice cream prank GIF by For 91 Days

Take the L and move on from this one mate.

What happened last year has been explained and talked about many times, but you still want to go with this overly simplistic good guys / bad guys take that ignores what's been reported.

Like all things in life, there are grey areas and nuances, and maybe the truth lies somewhere in the middle on this Essendon thing, but even if it does, it doesn't justify some of the bizarre hot takes.
How am I going with an overly simplistic good guy / bad guy take?

You're the one who has been replying to literally every comment that the reporting was flat out wrong when it wasn't. Clarko did talk to Essendon, he admitted it - so if you're going to be the fair dinkum balanced poster you're making out you should have a healthy scepticism about what everyone says and not just lap it up because that's the way Clarko said it went down.

He's a sharp bloke and not oblivious about the situation around Essendon, he would have known that meeting with Essendon would be a story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back