Position 2023 Fantasy Rucks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if we are comsidering An option of playing TT, Berg and ROB together with ROB being a sub out candidate

It’s an interesting quote as it’s not like all those names can play together (2/4 certain, 4/4 never and 3/4 still feels too tall with Tex and Fog)

So he is saying “not get those big minutes” but does he really mean his position isn’t secure?
ROB responded magnificently when dropped last year .....he's been too comfortable with his position .....keeping him on his toes, could see a big season from him

Wish he was R/F could be a sneaky cheap option who wouldn’t be a smash pick but can only go up.
On my keepers bench, hoping Filthy can take over as that #1 ruck or enough minutes for DPP at Round 6. Not the biggest fan of Big O

On my keepers bench, hoping Filthy can take over as that #1 ruck or enough minutes for DPP at Round 6. Not the biggest fan of Big O
He’s just got to get a bit more aggressive in the air.

End of last year he was starting to be a marking presence for those lomg down the line kicks.

It’s going to click just when? Hopefully this year.

Then it’s where he plays most of his footy. I think they want to make sure he is involved more though either way so either more Rick time or more time pushing up the wings as a high forward I expect

1 game?
didn’t that game have crazy high stoppages (high tackle game too I seem to remember). Something about that game that inflated that as an outlier
Yes 1 game ....how many good games were you expecting from ROB :p

I've been saying this a few weeks now .....been a big push to run Thilthorpe / Himmelberg as the RUCK combo

Unless ROB is taking marks & field possessions, he's next to useless, as a pure tap Ruck

How he was voted into the Leadership Group, when his position in the 22 is on a knifes edge is bewildering

Yeah it's been something they've been talking about all pre-season, and now both Bickley in the media and Van Berlo as a coach, have confirmed it too. Literally only between 2 rucks for that other spot for me now - Witts and English

Yeah it's been something they've been talking about all pre-season, and now both Bickley in the media and Van Berlo as a coach, have confirmed it too. Literally only between 2 rucks for that other spot for me now - Witts and English
My view of RUCK averages ....you either pay up for the best, or you pay for an el cheapo (Xerri)

Taking middle tier Rucks, you can see by the averages .....you're neither making $$$ , or getting increases in averages , just disastrous middling selections

My view of RUCK averages ....you either pay up for the best, or you pay for an el cheapo (Xerri)

Taking middle tier Rucks, you can see by the averages .....you're neither making $$$ , or getting increases in averages , just disastrous middling selections

Spot on.

D. Cameron, Lycett, Draper, Meek, McInerney, all fails this pre-season. Witts has done 104 before and looks good, so I'll even be happy with a solid 90-95 at this stage - given how injury prone guys like Darcy and English are/how insecure roles are for guys like Grundy, Gawn and ROB.

Spot on.

D. Cameron, Lycett, Draper, Meek, McInerney, all fails this pre-season. Witts has done 104 before and looks good, so I'll even be happy with a solid 90-95 at this stage - given how injury prone guys like Darcy and English are/how insecure roles are for guys like Grundy, Gawn and ROB.
Cameron is a 80-85 ave player .....Lycett churned out a 45, negating any cost savings
Draper is a dreadful Fantasy option .....yeah, they're all middling, and I struggle to see any rationale to pick them

Witts had a great season, many said a breakout & unexpected season last year ......but he only got a 90 ave

Fewer ball-ups each year, unless you're getting field possessions, you're going to go backwards .....IMO, Witts 85-90 ave this year

Similar to this, but Grundy and Darcy are still ones to look at if they are getting a large percentage of CBAs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How did English fit this model last year.

He was that awkward cheaper not my el cheapo

Found the Cash to get Darcy up to English and omg the whole team just looks better because of it.

Set and forget is a beautiful thing!

Amaze Its Beautiful GIF

What do we expect Darcy to ave? His popularity seems to have boomed the last week here.

I’m not reading much into his practice game score given Jackson was missing and he was up against an inanimate carbon rod in Lycett.

Can he push 95 which I think he needs to make it worthwhile or while he sit in that 85-90 grey zone which is more so where I’m leaning towards?

If I need some extra cash to minor tinkering, English down to Darcy is probably my only option but not sure I like that option.

What do we expect Darcy to ave? His popularity seems to have boomed the last week here.

I’m not reading much into his practice game score given Jackson was missing and he was up against an inanimate carbon rod in Lycett.

Can he push 95 which I think he needs to make it worthwhile or while he sit in that 85-90 grey zone which is more so where I’m leaning towards?

If I need some extra cash to minor tinkering, English down to Darcy is probably my only option but not sure I like that option.
I've had him since I heard Freo were going to use Jackson as a mid. I think he can go mid-90's but I nevertheless plan to trade him to English when the price gap closes.

I've had him since I heard Freo were going to use Jackson as a mid. I think he can go mid-90's but I nevertheless plan to trade him to English when the price gap closes.
+1 - I asked on the Freo board re Jackson and it seems he will be mainly used up forward. Given Darcy has had a solid PS uninterrupted, has shown he can score in the past, I don't see why he cant push 93-95 which sees him as a solid pick. If he gets 70% ruck time that's enough for me.

+1 - I asked on the Freo board re Jackson and it seems he will be mainly used up forward. Given Darcy has had a solid PS uninterrupted, has shown he can score in the past, I don't see why he cant push 93-95 which sees him as a solid pick. If he gets 70% ruck time that's enough for me.
I'm on Darcy atm too. I think he's a good stopgap for the meantime, allowing you to save some cash and have a look at the other rucks before a clear R2 emerges. Best case scenario he becomes a keeper.

With everyone's team looking so similar this year, i've been trying to hold onto a few POD's,
this guy is on the chopping block, but i'd love to keep him.. the cash saved gives me another elite Midfielder
he's priced in the 60's, but if he get mid 80's i'd take it.
I asked the Essendon mob, and they didn't fill me with confidence,
his practice game stats were ok, but that was without Phillips..
so let me have it!

afl-rd-19-collingwood-v-essendon.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back