Preview Round 3, 2023: Hawthorn v North Melbourne, 1 April 223, 1.45pm AEDT @ York Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How the hell does Frost survive yet Blanck is dropped? And no DGB?

Good lord Larkey is going to kick 10 on Frost.
And if he doesn’t?

Wingers didn’t get through training? Or just holding him back for Cats Easter Monday?
His calf was never going to be a 1 week prospect.

Blind Freddy could’ve told us that but the club keeps up the charade.

Our KPF options are just horrific. Throws the whole team off
I feel like come round 10 it'll be Lewis FF Jeka CHF and everything will be fine in the world. I think Jeka is ready to show his VFL form in the AFL now. Body a bit stronger, has had a taste of the level and a few games were he played well down back.

* me, DerrrrWayne is gonna have a field day saying "CHAOS BALL!!!!" from the look of that forward line.
Sadly it is even worse

How to watch on Fox Footy: Channel 504 from 1.30pm, with Mark Howard, Kelli Underwood, Dermott Brereton, Nick Dal Santo and Ben Dixon.

His calf was never going to be a 1 week prospect.

Blind Freddy could’ve told us that but the club keeps up the charade.
I feel like he needs to come back in Round 4 and play every game or go. We can't keep persisting and getting 10 games a year from him with 4 of them him building back to fitness or coming off injured.

I like the changes, Blanck gets a free pass here bc Frost has been s**t and he's young but I'm not gonna lie he's had a pretty poor start to the year. Hopefully he goes and dominates the VFL and comes back and reclaims his spot
Blanck was terrible last week, no avoiding that. I am surprised DGB didn't come in though. North have some in form forwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is no VFL game this weekend for BH so all the emergencies are likely to travel down to Tassie.

Fingers crossed brockman makes an impact.

Was hoping for at least 1 more change but I guess it is about keeping faith 1 more week for some guys.

Wingard's unavailability seems to be a frequent occurence for the side. This may be his last year.

Blanck lacks pace - was running with concrete boots against Swans last week. Frost a lucky boy to survive. Why DGB is not blooded is a mystery to me.

Excited to see Brockman.

Sam Mitchell really wants Harley Reid - I do understand that thinking. Lets hope they win and the approach of 2 talls out and 3 smalls in makes any sense to me.

Definitely a weird team. If we zoom out a smidge:

Sam was on a footy chat show through the week where he was directly accused of not trying to win games
He responds by dropping the CHF and FB for the game against last year's spooners and replacing them with a flanker, wing and pocket.
And people accuse Mitch of not having a sense of humour!

Brockman’s last game was against Richmond back in Round 23 2021 when he kicked a career high 3 goals. He has so much potential. He is in my opinion the most talented small forward on the list outside the best 22. I would keep him in the team for the rest of the year.

Maybe forecast for a wet Saturday at the ground, hence the size of the team?

Forecast looks like not much rain.

For the players that are out they can show their stuff in the bye at Box Hill :)

Hopefully the team puts in effort to pressure them. A backline of Ziebell, Corr, Logue and McDonald isn't the quickest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back