Game Day Round 3, 2023: Hawthorn v North Melbourne, 1 April 223, 1.45pm AEDT @ York Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's sacrilege, but I'm finding it hard to get motivated for this game. I'm not used to the hawks being belted two weeks in a row and I'm emotionally scarred. Just hoping that we can find some structure and back it up with good decision making and skills. If that happens I'll be happy regardless of the result.

It's sacrilege, but I'm finding it hard to get motivated for this game. I'm not used to the hawks being belted two weeks in a row and I'm emotionally scarred. Just hoping that we can find some structure and back it up with good decision making and skills. If that happens I'll be happy regardless of the result.
I'm the same. The last 2 weeks have been grim viewing. If they rock up with the same effort this week, I'm not sure how I'll feel.

Fingers crossed we at least try to defend.

Just want to see more improvement in the middle, and hopefully as a consequence our forwards can get dangerous.
I’m not focused on the scoreboard though, more about seeing development in the different areas of concern.

Metrics for success for this game other than winning:

1) pressure around the ground
2) connection between mids and forwards
3) Composure when things go wrong
4) defensive running on a turn over

Not expecting a win, but if we can tick 2/4 of those goals above I'm happy (P's get degrees)

Its a rebuild . Focus on the smaller things rather then the greater result .
We will get more beltings before the year is out , thats just how it is .

If we fix one or two small things today we will be competitive. We cant fix everything at once so itll take time .

If we focus on the little things we may get some joy. Little things like the pressure in the ball.

We tend to play better when we keep the pressure (in) the ball between 9.2 and 10 Psi. 🤦‍♂️

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm reckoning we might struggle. But if we can't get within 5 goals of this mob I'm preparing to let loose a tantrum the likes of which this building has never seen!

Time to start drinkin' early!

Bit more cohesion. Bit more application. Bit more defending. See how we go.

We have focused on recruiting young guys with sound character. This has been vastly understated and bodes well for a teams ability in dealing with fluctuations in performances.

Water finds it’s level and so do teams comprising players with sound character. At some point the level will rise and maintain consistency 🍷

Good ins.

Last weeks opponent was a class or two above todays.

Every chance we will be in front or close enough at 3/4 time to grab the win.

Just need to be good enough for long enough.

I think we will get the W.
Not with Newcombe and Moore out.

Heard Moore and Newcombe are late outs, gastro going through the team.
Was quietly hopeful, north might have have a down game after two big wins. And I’m expecting a bounce back after the first two weeks.

With this news and the guess others will probably also feel a bit under the weather.

This will be a serious backs against the wall win if we get up.

I look forward to beating this mob and telling David king he is a dumb arse. Don’t let me down hawks!

Seattle Seahawks Sport GIF by Sealed With A GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back