Autopsy 2023 Rd 4 Tall Timber Too Good for Roos

Who played well for the Blues in Round 4 vs the Roos

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Harry took 2 clear marks in the fwd line brought it down then the short ass norf player knocked it out of his hands. Obvious as the nose on your face it was a mark - paid play on.

Motlop in the first qtr running onto the ball right in front of goal gets tackled to the ground without touching it - paid play on.

Zurhar don't argues Doc in the throat then runs off and kicks a goal.

There was a free kick paid to us. The norf guy runs off and kicks a goal. Obviously a 50m penalty not given....

There were so many others I can remember without trying it's hard to mention them all.

They play Bonner - a guy way too short to play on H or C and then complain when he gets pinged for repearedly punching his taller/better opponent in the back of the head?

I know its all subjective but please... those umps had a stinker BOTH WAYS. it's just the losers who want to go on about it.
Yeah that Harry mark should have been paid!

50,000 spectators at the ground knew it was a free, several million watching on TV knew it was a free, all the footballers knew it was a free, they all stopped waiting for the whistle. Everyone in the universe knew it was a free, except some muppet in flouro....
Zurhaar does a fend off to Dochertys jaw turns around and kicks a goal...
Yet the selective onlookers fail to mention this...
Very puzzling...
Another week of Carlton wins controversially coming up...
Dam it just when I was thinking umpires barrack for Collingwood...

Last edited:

Was a terrible non-call re the too high on Zurhaar, but North kicked a goal just seconds later. It cost them nothing.
Enjoy the winning feeling again Blues fans. Don't let the haters take anything away from us.
Looked like a clear free kick missed, but watching the replay the umpire was explaining the non-decision to a North player and raised his arm to indicate that Zurhaar encouraged the head high tackle.

Umpires also missed Zurhaar’s other “don’t argue” fend off which was to the neck of a Carlton player… win some, lose some.

Maybe I was viewing through the wrong tinted glasses, but I thought LOB was career-endingly poor yesterday. Nobody is all bad or all good - he had a good spoil in the first quarter and a nice kick to set up Motlop’s long goal. But in between I felt he had 5-6 involvements in a row that all directly led to us losing control of the ball. Ragdolled in tackles, panicking under pressure, fumbling the ball out of bounds, an out on the full. I don’t see how we can afford to carry a player who is a walking contest-loss. You can’t hide him.

BAHAHAHA! Poor assumption mind reader! Did I say they should have kicked 20? Did I say it was a bad day's work? Pay attention and actually read what is written rather than looking for something (that isn't there) to be offended by.
Oh you sweet summer child...

W
Zurhaar does a fend off to Dochertys jaw turns around and kicks a goal...
Yet the selective onlookers fail to mention this...
Very puzzling...
Another week of Carlton wins controversially coming up...
Dam it just when I was thinking umpires barrack for Collingwood...
We are on the road to winning premierships on the back of dodgy umpiring decisions sanctioned by league headquarters. Reckon the last 22 premierships have been won that way. Or so the conspiracy theorists would have use believe.

Looked like a clear free kick missed, but watching the replay the umpire was explaining the non-decision to a North player and raised his arm to indicate that Zurhaar encouraged the head high tackle.
Yep, which is prior opportunity, so a clear holding-the-ball not paid, and they got the goal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. I totally agree. It gets frustrating when people wanting him dropped for being soft. That's just not what he's in the team for and when he has to put his body on the line (like then) he generally does. There was an absolute monster chase he put on in the last quarter where he just spear tackled the guy he was chasing to push him off his kick. I think they still got a goal from it but that chase so late in a tough game is exactly what north just didn't have. Same as running out into space to give us that width in your example.

Having said all that - it's his kicking that disappointed me. He has to hurt the opposition a lot more.

And yes it will be interesting to see who is in the vest next week. I really liked Carroll yesterday.
For me it's not about being soft. He puts his head over the ball when he needs to. He just seems to always come off second best when the ball is in dispute.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not saying it wasn’t there but foot on the other foot wrong time to pay it
When is the right time?

How many warnings does a player get before being pinged?

Yeah, it was at a time the ensured maximum impact.

Any chance it's on the player not repeat behaviour they've been warned about at a decisive time in the match?

Not like he is an 18yo new recruit. This is a former captain of the club carrying on like a pork chop.

Last edited:
I've never seen a player look less like he is part of a team than Lachie Obrien..........possibly since Cain Acland..........and I don't mean his skills.......even when he is congratulating other players for goals he just seems to have this look of uncertainty and a haunted look in the eyes...........it's brutal to watch

Was going to mention this several weeks ago.

Some kids just don’t fit into the blokey football club environment. LOB always looks uncomfortable.

Does he seem to have many close mates at the club do we know ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

“hell is other people”.
have you not been reading BF???? ;)

not what Satre meant, (more that other people’s unavoidable scrutiny inhibits and prevents one’s true self).

I get the reference but on reflection I should actually agree with My Hat that Satre probably did mean that…

For the record, tongue in cheek attribution of a football reference to an absurd source is an approach I particularly enjoy.

Last edited:
Want to see a substantial improvement on tackling.

Too many players seem to content with a simple single arm reach-out attempt.

And wayyyy too many players with "0" or "1" in the tackle column.

That would be better, but flag winning sides generally are mid table for tackles

More about pressure numbers, causing turnovers and not allowing the opposition to get + numbers behind them

Go on then…
whilst my life would be a tad lonelier without other people, I wouldn't miss most of what most bring to my life - aside from the barista and the baker guy

whilst my life would be a tad lonelier without other people, I wouldn't miss most of what most bring to my life - aside from the barista and the baker guy
Partly there…

unless you are the most self actualisation extinct species around, this probably isn’t the place for a discussion as to the similarities of Satre and Nietzsche’s perspectives on self fulfilment, personal morality and the inhibition produced by the “hell” of other people.

particularly if we posit those interaction s within an anonymous setting l8ke big footy.

But please, play on.

Back