Review Fremantle Get Done By Richmond by 15 Points

Remove this Banner Ad

I've been a critic of Henry in the past but I don't think this game is the one to have a go at him. He definitely earned his way back in with good WAFL form with 4 consecutive games where he had 22 disposals or more.
First game back, pretty shitty conditions for a player of his type and as we saw with half the team at the start of the season it takes a few games at least to jell. Plenty of 'regulars' that performed worse to take shots at. Probably the same goes for Sturt.

On Pixel 4a using BigFooty.com mobile app
He wasn't as bad as in his turnovers, but his influence is very limited. His possessions are not impactful or damaging. Even though Driz made few errors and getting bagged for it, he was still hitting and getting to the contests. Henry is just floating on the outside observing

He wasn't as bad as in his turnovers, but his influence is very limited. His possessions are not impactful or damaging. Even though Driz made few errors and getting bagged for it, he was still hitting and getting to the contests. Henry is just floating on the outside observing

of course? that’s literally his role lol why would we want our outside winger to go into the contest, who would the be the outlet what a strange criticism

NOD was so much worse than henry it’s not even funny, don’t think he had one clean possession

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Ah man. I was at the game & just forced myself to watch some of the replay.

Others have noted it but when Amiss slots his 4th we’re within a goal & change, tails up, momentum and 17 minutes to go.

Credit to Richmond for slogging it out but we should have won from there.

Those big Fyfe moments were unfortunately too few & far between. Hope he can get some more of his game back in coming weeks.

I know we’re probably not playing for the flag this year but we need to continue upward.

of course? that’s literally his role lol why would we want our outside winger to go into the contest, who would the be the outlet what a strange criticism

NOD was so much worse than henry it’s not even funny, don’t think he had one clean possession

The issue I have is, it was creating same issues with the wing when Hughes was also in that role earlier on in the season. We weren't getting much out of it.

Others have noted it but when Amiss slots his 4th we’re within a goal & change, tails up, momentum and 17 minutes to go.

Those big Fyfe moments were unfortunately too few & far between. Hope he can get some more of his game back in coming weeks.

I know we’re probably not playing for the flag this year but we need to continue upward.
It was really telling with Fyfe last night. Sense that the aura he had was dimmed even amongst the opposition players. Obviously he shows glimpses and I hope he rekindle bit more of, but things he used to be able do like break tackles or even tackle are not there. Maybe also not having JOM wasn't ideal, which is why I would of liked to seen Ras come in.

Also, fyfe as a forward so far hasn't turned out the way we thought it be.

The issue I have is, it was creating same issues with the wing when Hughes was also in that role earlier on in the season. We weren't getting much out of it.

we weren’t getting much out of anything, hard to use that outlet when the guys in the contest allow bolton/baker and even ******* cotchin do what they want with it. poor performances across the board

It really is a year for the development of the younger players but hopefully they can play some finals. Get 22-odd games into Johnno, Amiss, Treacy, and whoever else and we go into next year stronger.

annoying game to lose but season is not over, we have plenty of 8 point games coming up just gotta keep up the mentality. midfield is the key for us, can’t get smacked around like we did but it’s hard coming up against some big experienced bodies, especially when we are missing darcy and JOM.

our defence though should be better than that. most are 90+ games back there, yet looked to be our worse line last night. need to see some improvement back or there or perhaps some role changes. cox has let himself down big time, all that talk of AA, needs to get back to what he does best, he was misjudging the ball so much last night

* me we're a bunch of sooks. We got punched in the nose by a good chaos team in perfect chaos weather. Had our chances to win it but blew them.

So ******* what. We aren't winning a premiership this year. Were there 'learnings' from this? Absolutely.

Was Hughes' point a goal? Yes, but we got kissed on the dick a bit from the umps so probably levels out.

Don't sweat it. Boys went ok, few mistakes and yes we missed Darcy and JOM, as you'd expect. On the plus side Amiss gets another 4 and that 2025 flag is looking good.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app
This is spot on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nank is a very good ruck and when you add in two experienced meatballs it makes it very hard to win it out of the middle in wet conditions. I seriously dont think Reidy in would have been a positive thing - Jackson was still good, we just missed the balance he provides everywhere else. I dont think the bonus of playing Jackson elsewhere would have been enough to justify Reidy getting annihilated in the ruck

Having Reidy and Jackson in the middle?
Our structure for that winning streak was working.
Getting a mis-match for Jackson all over the ground turns a game.
Agree with blue shark, Reidy may have been pantsed by Nankervis had he played, but we’d have had Jackson playing his natural role and Treacy full time up forward. Sometimes you’ve got to be willing to lose one match up to have an advantage in other parts of the ground.

Maybe we still lose with Reidy playing, but we get a better idea of what he’s worth and stick to our structures. At worst we could have subbed him off when we brought Walters on.

The point of having a mature ruck on your list is to play them in these circumstances

Agree with blue shark, Reidy may have been pantsed by Nankervis had he played, but we’d have had Jackson playing his natural role and Treacy full time up forward. Sometimes you’ve got to be willing to lose one match up to have an advantage in other parts of the ground.

Maybe we still lose with Reidy playing, but we get a better idea of what he’s worth and stick to our structures. At worst we could have subbed him off when we brought Walters on.

The point of having a mature ruck on your list is to play them in these circumstances
Agree. Think JL acknowledged this in that they may need to look at bringing in an extra tall

We been lucky with injuries so far this year but it does show you what it can do to the team structure.

So was it touched or did it hit the post?
Maybe my eyes were not seeing correct, but what I saw as that the Richmond player was covering the umpires ability to make a decision.He was abliged to make a "soft call".Easy to make it a behind.
Also watching on the big screen why was Snicko not used.OR... do we not have snicko on our goal poast at Perth stadium?
though may not have mad the difference, I felt that that decision killed our momentum.

I'm not sure that playing Reidy would actually help against someone like Nankervis. I reckon he just gets monstered and offers far, far less overall than Jackson does.
We really needed Reidy. To ask Jackson to ruck all day in the wet against such a big heavy opponent and then be his usual self around the ground was asking too much. We were killed at the bounce downs.

annoying game to lose but season is not over, we have plenty of 8 point games coming up just gotta keep up the mentality. midfield is the key for us, can’t get smacked around like we did but it’s hard coming up against some big experienced bodies, especially when we are missing darcy and JOM.

our defence though should be better than that. most are 90+ games back there, yet looked to be our worse line last night. need to see some improvement back or there or perhaps some role changes. cox has let himself down big time, all that talk of AA, needs to get back to what he does best, he was misjudging the ball so much last night

Yes agree. More of annoyance considering how well we were travelling and the somewhat importance to our season.

However, I felt most were under rating the tigers too much before the game.

Gws beat cats, so next week's game especially played not at home will be another test and not a lock in by any means

Yeah NOD was bad. His wing was like the Suez Canal last night.

It was really telling with Fyfe last night. Sense that the aura he had was dimmed even amongst the opposition players. Obviously he shows glimpses and I hope he rekindle bit more of, but things he used to be able do like break tackles or even tackle are not there. Maybe also not having JOM wasn't ideal, which is why I would of liked to seen Ras come in.

Also, fyfe as a forward so far hasn't turned out the way we thought it be.

Can say the same thing about Martin. They are about the same age and are now just good B22 players, but a long way from their best. Can't expect much more from them at their age and with the brutal style of play their bodies have endured. I thought Fyfe was better than Dusty last night. Less possessions but more impact.

Nank is a very good ruck and when you add in two experienced meatballs it makes it very hard to win it out of the middle in wet conditions. I seriously dont think Reidy in would have been a positive thing - Jackson was still good, we just missed the balance he provides everywhere else. I dont think the bonus of playing Jackson elsewhere would have been enough to justify Reidy getting annihilated in the ruck
yeah was the perfect conditions for Nank and pretty much the worst for Jackson in that head to head contest. only ruck on the list that would've prevented that is Darcy

Yes agree. More of annoyance considering how well we were travelling and the somewhat importance to our season.

However, I felt most were under rating the tigers too much before the game.

Gws beat cats, so next week's game especially played not at home will be another test and not a lock in by any means

Yeah, Richmond are a lot better than people were giving them credit for. And the game was played in conditions that suit them with their style and experience. We had 5 players with 100+ games. Richmond had 15.

Don't think it was a bad performance from our guys overall. Difference was basically Johnson, Treacy and Amiss missed those long shots in the first quarter when we had the run of play. While Short kicked his long range goals when he had the chance.

In recent weeks you can throw a blanket over the games amongst Geelong, Richmond, GWS, Freo. All on similar terms considering Geelong's injuries. We will have our work cut out to beat GWS this week.

I watched the replay and saw the very slightest deflection, looked like it grazed the back of the post but the ball was over the line - is that a goal or even touching the post after going fully over the line is a behind?

Good question, might ask "has the ump stuffed up" on twitter

Remove this Banner Ad

Back