Strategy Changes and Pre-match discussion (Freo 15/7, MCG 1.45pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you, i don't understand why we are so happy about their outs, of course Serong and Young are good players but we should be beating them comfortably with or without their best team. Wouldn't mind playing port next week without Butters and Powell pepper though 🙂
I’ll settle for Rozee and Butters. And Houston.

But nah, we’ll win either way.

I’ll settle for Rozee and Butters. And Houston.

But nah, we’ll win either way.
I was going to go for the obvious ones like Rozee but Powell Pepper is a gun for them, unless something drastic happens this week I agree with you about beating them, I think we will show the league we are well and truly the best side when we play Port

OK, this is totally off topic but does anyone know how I can buy a 2023 Nike Pies match or training jump for my son’s birthday in November?

As far as I can tell they’ve been sold out from the get-go. Club shop, Rebel, you name it! I’d that normal? Should I expect a re-stocking before finals?

This frustrated dad is grateful for any advice!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
How old is your son?
We recently got a guernsey with No 35 on the back for my 9 year old.
He loves it!
Maybe here: Collingwood AFL Merchandise Shop

Frampton needs a settled position and I think that is full back
He needs to learn the system inside and out so he is ready for the finals.
I agree.

Just suggesting that's what he'd be doing if he was a serious chance of pushing out Howe or Murphy. But instead they've been trialling him as 2nd ruck. I think that points to him being depth.

Last edited:
for the players 15 - 23 its getting towards the time of year you want to be in the side and making a spot your own. been a while since there has been players who might be stiff to miss out.
If we're all fit, I'm assuming 7 talls, 15 smalls and a small as sub.

The talls have been well discussed, but we've got these smalls who have all been selected when fit:

Mids/hhf/hhb: Nick, JdG, Josh, Mitchell, Adams, Pendles, Lippa, WHE, Sidey, Crisp

Forwards: Hill, McCreery, Elliott

Defenders: Noble, IQ, Markov, Bruzzy

One to miss and one as sub.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good game to ease him back in with too, with Freo looking uncompetitive and an injury to their main key defender.
Really no choice is it?

Can't really bring him back against PA for his first hit out, so it's either this week or wait two weeks.

Not expecting much from him this week.
Just get to contests and don't get outmarked.....oh, and get through unscathed.

Cool, I'll take the Fly bloke and coaches that got us to a prelim in one year and have us as flag favourites advice but..

Jog on.
It's a footy forum for people's opinions. Feel free to tell me what you see in Mcstay. That's what a forum is for.

Way to get behind your team, well done.
One player doesn't represent a team. Why so sensitive? Give me your opinion instead of your sarcastic vitriol.

One player doesn't represent a team. Why so sensitive? Give me your opinion instead of your sarcastic vitriol.
He has been picked to play at two strong clubs whenever he is available and at times has played some really good games, his goal stats don't look anything special but he plays his part to help the forward line function and he is a big strong forward who can take a contested mark, we know in finals those guys are invaluable and it could just get us over the line in an important game. Is that the sort of input you are after?

McStay is a below average player in almost every area. No idea what anyone, supporter or coaching staff see in him.
Well yeah...except for when he played a proper season just last year and was above average in:

Disposals, handballs, DE, inside 50's, effective disposals, contested possessions, uncontested possessions, intercept possessions, ground ball gets, clearances, stoppage clearances, hitouts, hitouts to advantage, goal accuracy, goal assists, score involvements, score launches, pressure acts, marks, marks on lead and metres gained.

But other than all those areas, he's absolutely below average in almost every area...

Last edited:
Well yeah...except for when he played a proper season just last year and was above average in:

Disposals, handballs, DE, inside 50's, effective disposals, contested possessions, uncontested possessions, intercept possessions, ground ball gets, clearances, stoppage clearances, hitouts, hitouts to advantage, goal accuracy, goal assists, score involvements, score launches, pressure acts, marks, marks on lead and metres gained.

But other than all those areas, he's absolutely below average in almost every area...
Cheeses, I mean I get the reaction considering the amount of unwarranted criticism you see on BF but in this case I'm merely stating the facts from his numbers this season as a Collingwood player. Hence why I don't see his value at the moment. I mean he's worth a shot with Mihocek out but he'd have to improve his output immensely to retain a spot.

P.s. In 16 of those stats you've listed he's below average in his games this year.

Last edited:
Cool, I'll take the Fly bloke and coaches that got us to a prelim in one year and have us as flag favourites advice but..

Jog on.
McStay needs some time. How many games has he played? Not many.
Confidence in him myself.

Those also complaining about not putting teams away need to look at our healthy percentage.

Expecting a good win against The Dockers either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back