Strategy Changes and Pre-match discussion (Freo 15/7, MCG 1.45pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

From the 23:

OUT: WHE (injured), Bianco, Frampton
IN: Sidebottom, Maynard, Mihocek

I like Frampton, but if Cox and Cameron are playing, then I don’t think he has a spot in the front half.

Our balance of talls looks really out tonight.

At one stage we had all of Cox, Cameron and Frampton all flying against each other in a marking contest.

Howe regularly looked uncertain and out of position tonight and Darcy was punished multiple times for giving his direct opponent too much space.

Frampton is an excellent defender and competent relief ruckman but he is NOT a forward. Tonight I would have swapped him with Howe but regardless next week he needs to either go back to defence or to the AFL.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Out: WHE, Bianco, AJ
In: Sidebottom, Mihocek, Maynard

Gee, that’s hard on Johnson. Five marks and 3.0 including another gem from the boundary line. With Checkers back in, there’s even greater opportunity for AJ to slip under the guard and kick a bag.

I doubt Maynard will return so soon but if he does I would sooner see Howe (looked hesitant tonight) out and Frampton replace him in defence than drop AJ after a three goal performance.

Adams (19 disposals @ 53% efficiency), Lipinski (16 disposals @ 63%) and Hill (12 disposals @ 75%) were also comparatively poor amongst non-structural players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out: WHE, Bianco, AJ
In: Sidebottom, Mihocek, Maynard

There’s no way frampton should be retained ahead of Johnson. Apart from that, agree assuming the ins are ready. Mcstay will have to wait/prove himself.

Also, Bianco was sub. Somebody else will have to get that gig…. Maybe markov or hill.

Gee, that’s hard on Johnson. Five marks and 3.0 including another gem from the boundary line. With Checkers back in, there’s even greater opportunity for AJ to slip under the guard and kick a bag.

I doubt Maynard will return so soon but if he does I would sooner see Howe (looked hesitant tonight) out and Frampton replace him in defence than drop AJ after a three goal performance.

Adams (19 disposals @ 53% efficiency), Lipinski (16 disposals @ 63%) and Hill (12 disposals @ 75%) were also comparatively poor amongst non-structural players.

No bloody way on earth!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back