Prediction Round 20: Changes Vs Geelong Cats + prematch discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

JoCo on the flight so not dropped you'd think

Might go in unchanged?
He is the latest tactic to get the players revved up for the 1st quarter

Hi five for you, one for you, and one for you 🤣😂

I did see in the kuek interview when they asked who was weirdest unit at Freo he said Corbett as he is always running around high energy lol

Last edited:
He is the latest tactic to get the players revved up for the 1st quarter

Hi five for you, one for you, and one for you 🤣😂
They'd be better off playing JoCo music tracks.

(And I love JoCo, but they're not exactly high energy songs, well, except for maybe first of may...)

Who are the 24 players travelling?
Gosh - Aish in for Stanley as the only change wouldn’t exactly be inspiring would it…

Was hoping for Corbett to add something to our fwd line. Two things I noticed with him watching live.

1. Was reluctant to lead. Almost like he didn’t want to have the onus on him to take the mark.

2. For a guy 27/28 yo he was huffing and puffing more than anyone else on the ground. He should have a reasonable tank by now.

If they feel like Emmet is ready, swap him for Corbett.
He has not looked that impressive at Peel as well. Takes some mark mostly up the ground but doesn't get a lot of ball overall. And he doesn't really look that dangerous inside 50.

He has not looked that impressive at Peel as well. Takes some mark mostly up the ground but doesn't get a lot of ball overall. And he doesn't really look that dangerous inside 50.
Needs a big pre season and maybe positional change. If he had a 50 goal season in the bank he would be getting the Jack Anthony treatment on here.

You don't rate Aish? We'll need his experience against the Cats.
I don’t mind Aish - more that dropping Stanley after he looked pretty damn good would be a regressive move. Find some one else to drop for Aish

Johnson has had a few games recently where he struggled and was subbed out ... wouldn't be surprised to see him given a spell.

For team balance I would drop Switta instead, but it is clear that is never going to happen under JL.
I’d hope they drop Johnson before Stanley. He looks to be tiring out towards the end of the season (as is Amiss) and could do with some load management.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Needs a big pre season and maybe positional change. If he had a 50 goal season in the bank he would be getting the Jack Anthony treatment on here.
Personally I’m not sure I’d hold onto him (and yes he is under contract). I usually try and see silver lining and positivity but with Corbett I just don’t see anything of note. Yes he is good for the high and low tens.

If we have to retain then I’d expect him to be delisted with a promise to select in the rookie draft and he will play out the season with Peel.

Was hoping for more but at an average side like GC he couldn’t get a game. At the end of the day we gave up a F4 pick that we most likely wouldn’t use after getting in two F3rds and a F4.

Wce will no doubt have McGovern and Barrass back for the derby.
Sydney might ask them to put Barrass on ice.

EDIT: poor choice of words when referring to the toast. I mean, let him finish the season early so he doesn't get injured again.

It was interesting to watch part of the Port V Pies game last week.Interesting in the way that Port took the ball into their forward line. Rather than bomb it in to suit the intercept markers, they kicked the ball low into the forward line.
It has bemused me for a long time why this ploy has not been used more often.
Why do we not use it! We have good ground players up forward, it would benefit them.
Amiss is a very good ground ball player, he gets a lot of his goals in that manner. Saves him having to battle against bigger bodies, at the moment , than his.
The likes os Switta, Shooter and maybe Freddy will benefit.

It was interesting to watch part of the Port V Pies game last week.Interesting in the way that Port took the ball into their forward line. Rather than bomb it in to suit the intercept markers, they kicked the ball low into the forward line.
It has bemused me for a long time why this ploy has not been used more often.
Why do we not use it! We have good ground players up forward, it would benefit them.
Amiss is a very good ground ball player, he gets a lot of his goals in that manner. Saves him having to battle against bigger bodies, at the moment , than his.
The likes os Switta, Shooter and maybe Freddy will benefit.
Cause our mids lack the skill...they panic kick into the fwd line or when they do more often the not miss the target. Pies and port have mids who have elite foot skills

Personally I’m not sure I’d hold onto him (and yes he is under contract). I usually try and see silver lining and positivity but with Corbett I just don’t see anything of note. Yes he is good for the high and low tens.

If we have to retain then I’d expect him to be delisted with a promise to select in the rookie draft and he will play out the season with Peel.

Was hoping for more but at an average side like GC he couldn’t get a game. At the end of the day we gave up a F4 pick that we most likely wouldn’t use after getting in two F3rds and a F4.
Never underestimate how long good character can extend the career of players with limited talent (whether in a playing or non-playing capacity). Look at examples like Conca (who snuck into the leadership group here and is now player development manager at Melbourne) and Brady Grey (who seems to have occupied every non-AFL list role possible since being delisted by Freo). Corbett has already done AFLW coaching for Gold Coast and Freo, so I fully expect us to keep him on the list and then either we or some other club will offer him one of these off field roles. From all reports, an A Grade bloke.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back