Game Day Pies v Hawthorn, 5 August, 4.35pm, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The gap between Hawthorns best and worst is large but when at their best they have the capacity to move the ball quickly and score heavily when they have the momentum.

Can't recall to many times across the years that Hawthorn haven't shown up when playing Collingwood and I'm sure Mitchell would love a scalp before the season is out.

What a great position the fitness and conditioning team have put this side into, they deserve a lot of credit.

A quick search gave me this list of injured players this time in 2018;

Wells
Broomhead
Appleby
De Goey
Dunn
Elliot
Goldsack
Howe
Kirby
Moore
Reid
Scharenberg
Treloar
Wills

Great position we are in these days :)

Rupert Wills... now there's a blast from the past!

Does Adams have the capacity to tag Neale in 2 weeks time?

If successful it would be nice to have it as an option come finals and surely there is still room in the game to tag a player if they're considered a catalyst to the success or failure of their side.

If not Adams, who?

Does Adams have the capacity to tag Neale in 2 weeks time?

If successful it would be nice to have it as an option come finals and surely there is still room in the game to tag a player if they're considered a catalyst to the success or failure of their side.

If not Adams, who?
Who's on him first, what's on him second and I don't know is on him 3rd

It's going to be interesting to see how they manage Cox in the VFL. He's not a full time forward so it means he'll take development time away from Steene and Begg. Given they're playing Werribee, big things are expected. And it'll need to be a two or three week effort to return. Because Fly does not see one good game and go "yep, all g, back in".

Depend on what aspect of his game they’re sending him back to work on and how they’ll measure that.

Lol

You were telling me 90min ago that playing Johnson or mcstay as second rucks were inferior options to cox

Now you’re excited at the forward structure and interested in the second rucks

Sums up bigfooty tbh

He’s not the only one.

Now’s the time to turn up the expectations

Squad runs deep enough ✅

Johnson and McStay are inferior ruck options to Cox. Cox’s ruck work is generally very good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some of our supporters are an absolute disgrace. In response to the club asking on social media what fans are most looking forward to this weekend.View attachment 1764228

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Wish I could think of a witty enough comment to put here but feel like that profile pic goes with that moronic nature of that post perfectly. Presumably posted under their public profile, do they have no shame? Hopefully they have someone in their life to pull them to task.

I don't know why but going into any game with one ruckman always makes me feel we are vulnerable and one twisted ankle or rib injury away from disaster.
Almost every single side barring us this year and second half of last have been doing it, many premierships in the process, so it's not really that that scary.

Last couple of weeks, has any other team been playing 2 rucks?

Off the top of my head, last week:

Nth - Goldstein & Xerri
Carlton - Pittonet & DeKoning
Dogs - English & Lobb
Pies - Cameron & Cox
Tiger (tonight) - Soldo & Nankervis

I think it’s a bit more difficult to answer than that though as firstly, teams have good 2nd ruck options among their KPF’s. Lions have Daniher, Swans would normally play guys like McLean as 2nd ruck, Port have Dixon, Crows have Tilthorpe. Then secondly, there are teams like Freo who'd prefer to play Darcy & Jackson but Darcy isn’t available. Bombers would normally run Phillips & Draper but Draper hasn’t been available. Dees Gawn & Grundy but we all know that’s going.

I don't know why but going into any game with one ruckman always makes me feel we are vulnerable and one twisted ankle or rib injury away from disaster.

I’m hearing you. The lack of a quality 2nd ruck is the issue. Guys like McStay, Johnson, and Frampton just aren’t quality 2nd rucks. They’re pinch-hitters. Frampton the pick of them, but he’s not even playing.

Just want a win here really, style points dont interest me too much. Win the next two then no injuries or suspensions for the rest is all I'm after.

Looking forward to see how we go in attack. Had seen this mix of talls as our best since before McStay returned but wasn't sure we'd get to see it. AJ finally has the chance to play as a genuine third tall.

Just want a win here really, style points dont interest me too much. Win the next two then no injuries or suspensions for the rest is all I'm after.

Looking forward to see how we go in attack. Had seen this mix of talls as our best since before McStay returned but wasn't sure we'd get to see it. AJ finally has the chance to play as a genuine third tall.
Reckon it might get quite willing early.

Hawks gave up 9 goals in the first last week so likely to be breathing a bit of fire.

But, good luck trying to slow us down for long, coming in well rested off a loss.

I’m hearing you. The lack of a quality 2nd ruck is the issue. Guys like McStay, Johnson, and Frampton just aren’t quality 2nd rucks. They’re pinch-hitters. Frampton the pick of them, but he’s not even playing.

In recent times there hasn’t been much correlation between Collingwood winning a ruck tap and winning a clearance. If there was, then the value of playing two big ruckmen would be clear.

But with such low correlation, their value is much harder to judge, unless they’re also taking lots of marks around the ground and kicking goals, which hasn’t really been the case.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Off the top of my head, last week:

Nth - Goldstein & Xerri
Carlton - Pittonet & DeKoning
Dogs - English & Lobb
Pies - Cameron & Cox
Tiger (tonight) - Soldo & Nankervis

I think it’s a bit more difficult to answer than that though as firstly, teams have good 2nd ruck options among their KPF’s. Lions have Daniher, Swans would normally play guys like McLean as 2nd ruck, Port have Dixon, Crows have Tilthorpe. Then secondly, there are teams like Freo who'd prefer to play Darcy & Jackson but Darcy isn’t available. Bombers would normally run Phillips & Draper but Draper hasn’t been available. Dees Gawn & Grundy but we all know that’s going.
Lobb is as much a ruckman as Moore. Most teams use a 200cm forward to supplement their first ruck and we have one that we’re nursing through the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back