Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 33!, 1 BIG FISH ALERT last October 4th) (7 confirmed! 11 Busted!)

Will Clayton Oliver join the Adelaide Crows?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elliott Himmelberg (Adelaide)

“We’d really like to (get him into the club) as a positional need… we had some really good chats with Adelaide a fair way out because this one is a little bit different because you need to be quite mindful and respectful that Elliott still has a year left on his contract before he becomes a free agent, so we’ll continually work through that.

“I know Adelaide’s got a little bit on their plate, maneuvering and doing a few things at the moment, they’d love to have some coverage in that position if he was to leave.

“We see it as an opportunity. It’d be a role and position that the club’s done really well with someone like Lachie Keeffe over a long period of time, Elliott is a similar size and plays a variety of positions, he can really add value to the group at 25 years of age.”

That to me sounds like the trade is agreed and will be done as soon as (if) we secure adequate cover.

Signing Sloane was always not a good decision, vet list or not (Walker could’ve also gone on that list)
Agree

A few posters on here suggested that Sloane signing for another year had no impact, lol. :D

From the article below:

"For instance, it would have allowed Adelaide to list one of Rory Sloane or Taylor Walker as a veteran for 2024 and opened up another spot on their primary list. The idea was designed to keep veterans in the game without sacrificing a list spot that a youngster may have taken, with the veteran’s full payments still counted in the salary cap."

Too much.
Not just his salary either, it takes away from us playing another player in team.

Sloane had his chance for a flag to win it in 2017.

Unlike Tex, his form does not justify his inclusion in the squad, let alone the team.

Not just his salary either, it takes away from us playing another player in team.

Sloane had his chance for a flag to win it in 2017.

Unlike Tex, his form does not justify his inclusion in the squad, let alone the team.
He's on minimal salary - and does take a spot on our list but we now don't seem to be short of list spots.

We've maybe had a thousand posts complaining about it on this board, which seems like a lot for a 42nd man on $300k.

I wish he'd retired, but I'm not going to rant and rave about it for months on end.

Makes a lie from all those people saying the club was playing 4D chess
Gasp!

Look, I'm sure the club would have hoped he could be listed as a veteran, same as Port would have with Boak.

Instead of him being outside the list and Hamill staying on, now we might need to rookie Hamill.

I don't get what the massive, club ruining disaster is.

Makes a lie from all those people saying the club was playing 4D chess
Thats the problem with the Club at times, playing Chess when it should have been playing footy instead.

Sloane should never have been offered a new contract.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gasp!

Look, I'm sure the club would have hoped he could be listed as a veteran, same as Port would have with Boak.

Instead of him being outside the list and Hamill staying on, now we might need to rookie Hamill.

I don't get what the massive, club ruining disaster is.
Clap clap , clap clap clap

Thats the problem with the Club at times, playing Chess when it should have been playing footy instead.

Sloane should never have been offered a new contract.
But but we have him on minimum chips according to the happy clappers - despite them not being " inside the walls "

Deserves to go when he chooses, will be better next season after this season coming off the ACL.
Not at his age, will be a liability if he plays AFL footy, could be an asset if he plays the majority in the SANFL, but then he should not have been offered a spot on our list in the first place.

He's on minimal salary - and does take a spot on our list but we now don't seem to be short of list spots.

We've maybe had a thousand posts complaining about it on this board, which seems like a lot for a 42nd man on $300k.

I wish he'd retired, but I'm not going to rant and rave about it for months on end.
Got a link to prove this statement?..

People keep saying Sloane is gonna be on minimum chips next year…

But not one person has been able to back this claim up with a single drop of evidence.

I’d be more inclined to think sloane’s best mate and business partner Roo wouldve stuck his nose in to make sure The Cooked One isnt on minimum chips at all..

Quite the fuxxkn opposite in fact..

This club thinks the bloke is a fxxkn gun player.

But not one person has been able to back this claim up with a single drop of evidence.

I’d be more inclined to think sloane’s best mate and business partner Roo wouldve stuck his nose in to make sure The Cooked One isnt on minimum chips at all..

Don't you think Sloane would have immediately re-sign had he got $600-700K but somehow he was still "thinking" about it.......

and you have proof he isnt

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Don't you think Sloane would have immediately re-sign had he got $600-700K but somehow he was still "thinking" about it.......
He was on $850k a year.

Those who keep desperately trying to defend the contract EXTENTION (notice the club didnt sign him to a new contract… in their very own words) of this selfish cooked idiot keep saying he’s on minimum wages but provide not one single skerrick of evidence to back their claims up.

Whatever he’s on its too much..

I dont reckon he’s on $850.. no..

But who here reckons he’d be on less than $500k next year?..

“Minumum chips” to me is 200-250k.. slightly more than a base rookie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back