No Oppo Supporters 2023 General AFL Discussion - incl. AFL Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe, just maybe, the AFL hierarchy should stop and actually critically analyse all mechanisms instead of knee-jerking.

You know... an actual review that goes for a year or two, scopes out all the stakeholders and comes up with a 5-10 year plan for draft and trade period with contingency plans.
That makes far too much sense for the AFL to even consider such a move.

What a shit club, they're so concerned with "winning" off the field that they've lost sight of what a footy club is actually about. You know, winning ON the field.

Just goes to show there's a bunch of egos running the show.

Btw. My take on who won, definitely Essendon. A player signing to THAT club, whether it's for 5 or 6 years, is an instant loser.

Edit: and Essendon aren't even concerned about winning off the field. They're happy not to win, as long as it appears they're winning.

What a s**t club, they're so concerned with "winning" off the field that they've lost sight of what a footy club is actually about. You know, winning ON the field.

Just goes to show there's a bunch of egos running the show.

Btw. My take on who won, definitely Essendon. A player signing to THAT club, whether it's for 5 or 6 years, is an instant loser.

Edit: and Essendon aren't even concerned about winning off the field. They're happy not to win, as long as it appears they're winning.
I will repeat. Essendon are building the best VFL team ever.

Just bizarre. Between Dodo and Parish's manager, they have made a story about nothing.

These people have little perspective.

Sheedy, Dodo's protector, continues to poison EFC. This Club has more in common with the literal backstabbing seen in the last days of the Roman Empire than with a Footy Club.

They did not want to sign Parish for six years. Parish said six, they said no, Parish said six. Essendon released a statement saying it was at LEAST five. And now we find out it is six. Who is the joke here?

They figured there is a leap year in there I guess

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFL is not interested in developing the game at school or junior grass roots level in NSW or Qld. The investment would be staggering.

It is just developing the game in Victoria. It controls the TFL which is now the TAFL. The investment in grass roots junior footy there is pitiful. All the money goes to North & Hawthorn who pocket it and invest in new facilities in Melb.

In SA & WA the SANFL & WAFL fund grass roots development. Victorian clubs benefit by about 70% of the development fund. That leaves 30% for 5 states & 2 territories. What's more, the development fund money is mostly spent on Next Gen Academies. But these players are developed by their local clubs too. The AFL only invented those Academies to calm people like Eddie & Hawthorn.

On CPH2471 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I would 'like' this post except I don't trust your information. Sorry, you've just been too unreliable, too often. If you're right, I think it's a good/illuminating post.

We can expect fixture details for 2024 to be announced around 16th November. Closely followed by the howls from angry Magpie fans their first game of the year isn't at the G

I hate Collingwood but I do think the reigning premiers should get to open their season in front of their home crowd.

Although Collingwood fans will probably outnumber the GWS fans even at GWS' stadium so it might as well be a home game for them.

I hate Collingwood but I do think the reigning premiers should get to open their season in front of their home crowd.

Although Collingwood fans will probably outnumber the GWS fans even at GWS' stadium so it might as well be a home game for them.
Yes, I agree the Premiers should get to play their opening at home first up. Only reason Cats couldn't do it last year was construction on Alphabet stadium.

Laura Kane has been promoted to Executive General Manager of Football. I dont understand how someone who oversaw operations at North Melbourne during the time North dug themselves into a hole so deep they still havnt got out of, has earned that position, or is the best candidate for that position? She clearly made many mistakes and has handed out 3 years of free trade and draft compensation to try and fix things.

Today the AFL website has an article stating AFL house has just employed Geoff Walsh to work in its Football Department.
Walshs resume includes time at AFL VFL clubs - Fitzroy, Carlton, North Melbourne, Collingwood, back to North then back to Collingwood. He then joined St Kilda but only lasted a few months.
Walshs appointment follows the appointment of Mahoney as General Manager of Football Operations. Mahoney previously worked at Essendon and Melbourne

Something that stands out is the ZERO representation of ALL clubs outside of melbourne. Is this the boys club in full swing?
The other thing that stands out with Walsh (similar to Kane), is that..
Having only lasted a few months, Walsh failed at his last appointment with St Kilda.
His time at Collingwood prior to this was, when Collingwood made terrible contract calls resulting in salary cap enforced dumping of players like Grundy, Treloar etc. These poor list management decisions came from higher up than the list managers, ie. Walsh and co.
Prior to collingwood his time at North (along with Kane) set North up for multiple wooden spoons (and its not over yet).

How are these people who clearly failed in their previous rolls, the Best Person for the job?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back