Certified Legendary Thread 2023 ICC Men's Cricket World Cup Game 48 The Final India v Australia 19/11 1900hrs @ Narendra Modi Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Again their bowling attacks haven’t been. It’s really not very difficult.

Unless you count Srinath you who was gone by the end of the decade, Their three best bowlers from 1995-2010 were Harbhajan, Zaheer and Kumble. Kumble was a champion. Harbhajan was a champion when absolutely everything was in his favour but nothing more, and Zaheer was nothing more than a good honest left armer.

The fact is that in the last decade they have addressed that and started to produce attacks that whether you would consider them to be filled with champions or not, they play and function as good attacks should and it’s allowed them to start competing and winning in countries they didn’t previously.

They’re unbeaten in their last four series in Australia and England and blew it in SA when Rabada and Jansen f***ed them.
That's true. It seems their fast bowling stocks have really clicked given they've won their last two series in Australia.

Bumrah, Shami and Siraj are very good in all conditions.

That's true. It seems their fast bowling stocks have really clicked given they've won their last two series in Australia.

Bumrah, Shami and Siraj are very good in all conditions.

Even Sharma, as average as he was for a really long time, started to work out how to be effective in different conditions and it gave them a good chance to compete with the SENA teams.

There’s probably more than a hint of irony in the fact that they finally got all that together, they seemingly had few if any lingering doubts about whether they could at least bat to a competent level in those nations, they took the first test off SA and were poised to win the series then suddenly Jansen and Rabada ran amok and stitched them up and sent them packing again

015b5f5738b9028e1a6c04d39cd208b9.jpg

shame-jerry-seinfeld.gif

Someone did mention on this site that Australia had the best batting side in the comp.
I think Australia made more runs than India, does that mean that someone was right.

Someone did mention on this site that Australia had the best batting side in the comp.
I think Australia made more runs than India, does that mean that someone was right.
An interesting call. I think India had better batsmen individually than Australia, but their tail was very long. In retrospect was kind of a matter of time before that was exposed (strong argument Rahul and Kohli's tentativeness to speed up was out of a fear of exposing the tail which Head did not have to take into account).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

An interesting call. I think India had better batsmen individually than Australia, but their tail was very long. In retrospect was kind of a matter of time before that was exposed (strong argument Rahul and Kohli's tentativeness to speed up was out of a fear of exposing the tail which Head did not have to take into account).

I was alarmed when I saw how high Bumrah was listed (I think Shami ended up coming in ahead of him). He has improved his batting but only a few years ago I recall how embarrassed some of the Blues die-hards were when he managed to fluke runs in a tour match here because his first class average was sub-Ironmonger

The other thing is though India had too many passengers when it mattered. Their fielding was lethargic and lacked desperation. They were also very rigid and The Aussies had an exhaustive dossier on Bumrah, Shami, Siraj, Jadeja, K Yadav, India needed to do what the Aussies did and surprised us by bringing on say Kohli, SKY or even Rohit himself, we don't know anything about them as far as their bowling was concerned.
Also we were the older team out there and yet we felt like a much younger unit.

In all fairness, Australia were kissed on the dick to make it. Bad Captaincy, bad fielding, inconsistant batting [best line up in the comp]
We were fortunate to play The Chokers in the first final, which seem to kick start our fielding ie. mind set.
Suddenly we have a great captain to go with our potentially great team.

In all fairness, Australia were kissed on the dick to make it. Bad Captaincy, bad fielding, inconsistant batting [best line up in the comp]
We were fortunate to play The Chokers in the first final, which seem to kick start our fielding ie. mind set.
Suddenly we have a great captain to go with our potentially great team.
You don't have to shoot the lights out for the entire tournament we've done it before, I find it strangely more satisfying like '99.

The other thing is though India had too many passengers when it mattered. Their fielding was lethargic and lacked desperation. They were also very rigid and The Aussies had an exhaustive dossier on Bumrah, Shami, Siraj, Jadeja, K Yadav, India needed to do what the Aussies did and surprised us by bringing on say Kohli, SKY or even Rohit himself, we don't know anything about them as far as their bowling was concerned.
Also we were the older team out there and yet we felt like a much younger unit.
Compared to Australia, they were nearly comatose.

On top of Labuschagne's and Warner's heroics, when I saw Head charge in from the boundary to desperately attempt a catch, risking physical injury in doing so, then Zampa throwing himself around, two of the lesser fielders in the team, I knew the Aussies were up for it in a big way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back