List Mgmt. 2023 National Draft prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m happy for him to be given the opportunity. He’s 194cm, can run all day, and can roost the footy a country mile. Players with those traits just don’t grow on trees. Just needs to find some intensity and mongrel. I wonder how much his injury history has impacted those elements and if he can find it within himself.
He certainly doesn’t need a footy career for long term financial security

The family is loaded

I’m happy for him to be given the opportunity. He’s 194cm, can run all day, and can roost the footy a country mile. Players with those traits just don’t grow on trees. Just needs to find some intensity and mongrel. I wonder how much his injury history has impacted those elements and if he can find it within himself.
Maybe we see something more from him now that he has to fight to win a spot rather than thinking he can defend the spot he's got.

I’m happy for him to be given the opportunity. He’s 194cm, can run all day, and can roost the footy a country mile. Players with those traits just don’t grow on trees. Just needs to find some intensity and mongrel.
Players with intensity and mongrel don’t just grow on trees.

After 5 years in the system, where’s he magically going to get this intensity and mongrel from?

There’s as much chance of that happening as there is for Schache to show some. We need to move on.

Not sure if this has already been posted but it sets out the exact dates for the SSP.

Finger crossed that Philactides is invited to train with us.

Also think Michael Rudd is worth a look at. He is ultra competitive and has a high work ethic. Could also offer something at the defensive end at 193cms. To be honest I’d rather see what he offers than Will Kelly.

Last edited:
Not sure if this has already been posted but it sets out the exact dates for the SSP.

Finger crossed that Philactides is invited to train with us.

Also think Michael Rudd is worth a look at. He is ultra competitive and has a high work ethic. Could also offer something at the defensive end at 193cms. To be honest I’d rather see what he offers than Will Kelly.

Mike must be pretty versatile.

Did not Love Collingwoods Draft but did not hate it Either

Did not go Tall that was a Big List Need. Though looks like we have a Few Talls coming in to try out for the SSP Rookie Spot.

1st Pick was just Best Available with Harry who has Fantastic Attitude and Professionalism and start on the Flanks so Nick Daicos can spend more time in the Midfield

TJ could be anything and also Feels a Need in the Medium and Long Term. With Howe being wrong side of 30 and Murphy has had ton's of Concussion's so could also play his Position.

Harry has the Higher Floor where TJ has the Bigger Upside.

Gave us a B Grade
I’ve reminded myself that Krueger, AJ and even Dean should be v handy backups next year, so we’re not short of experienced bigs. BUT… we must also be into some free agents in the next year or two. Not sure who is left, but they’ve supposedly got cash to burn by then, so look set to load up with some big offers. Stay tuned….

Hine had already told us this was going to be the case, didn't he?
We are at the Rookie draft to say Pass

Rookie list needs to change, should be a 23 year old age limit on it, no more delisting old blokes and keeping them on there in dodgy list management scheming. Only kids should be on there who say their initial deal is up. Not 30 year olds like wingard and shiels

Rookie list needs to change, should be a 23 year old age limit on it, no more delisting old blokes and keeping them on there in dodgy list management scheming. Only kids should be on there who say their initial deal is up. Not 30 year olds like wingard and shiels
I'm not sure why you quoted me .. lol.

I agree some of the players on the rookie list are silly. Do away with it, or call it something different.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Na, guys like Michael Barlow/James Podsiadly who are genuine mature age rookies should still get a chance.

You just shouldn't be able to rookie an established AFL player.

Na, guys like Michael Barlow/James Podsiadly who are genuine mature age rookies should still get a chance.

You just shouldn't be able to rookie an established AFL player.
Just get rid of the rookie list and give a base payment salary cap discount for each player above the minimum list number.

I’ve reminded myself that Krueger, AJ and even Dean should be v handy backups next year, so we’re not short of experienced bigs. BUT… we must also be into some free agents in the next year or two. Not sure who is left, but they’ve supposedly got cash to burn by then, so look set to load up with some big offers. Stay tuned….

Kreuger and Dean are “experienced” bigs?

If you look at who we delisted in Bianco, Ruscoe, Wilson, Draper, Kelly and Murley none of them were key position so it made sense in a way to look at players such as DeMattia and Jiath to add to the list.

Dean added back in gives us one more KP than we add this year.

I still thought we were too light on for talls and the list was not balanced so I’d be looking for 2 of the 3 spots to be filled with talls.

Frampton comes out of best 23 for McStay so depth wise we have Dean back with one of Frampton or Begg, Frampton/Begg/Steene as rucks and Steene, Kreuger and Johnson forward.

Think we need one more defender and one more forward or ruck depending on where we see Begg and Steene’s best positions.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We still have 3 list spots to fill with a tall or 2 should we deem it necessary
And they are likely more plug and play than a skinny 18 yo anyway

If you look at who we delisted in Bianco, Ruscoe, Wilson, Draper, Kelly and Murley none of them were key position so it made sense in a way to look at players such as DeMattia and Jiath to add to the list.

Dean added back in gives us one more KP than we add this year.

I still thought we were too light on for talls and the list was not balanced so I’d be looking for 2 of the 3 spots to be filled with talls.

Frampton comes out of best 23 for McStay so depth wise we have Dean back with one of Frampton or Begg, Frampton/Begg/Steene as rucks and Steene, Kreuger and Johnson forward.

Think we need one more defender and one more forward or ruck depending on where we see Begg and Steene’s best positions.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

At the moment we have nominal depth of:

Johnson, Kreuger -forward
Frampton and Dean - defence
Begg and Steene as ruck/forwards.

Probably depends on Begg, but I think we need to add a KPD. If they choose to use Begg as a KPD, it'd be a forward or ruck.

Last edited:
At the moment we have nominal depth of:

Johnson, Kreuger -forward
Frampton and Dean - defence
Begg and Dean as ruck/forwards.

Probably depends on Begg, but I think we need to add a KPD. If they choose to use Begg as a KPD, it'd be a forward or ruck.
ideally I would add a hybrid tall like Sofa, and a genuine tall if available

But not surprised if they use one on a flanker like Geordie Payne if they really like him

And leave one spot for MSD

And I reckon TJ can play as tall as a Howe or Murphy once he matures. He will be a real physical specimen

Did not Love Collingwoods Draft but did not hate it Either

Did not go Tall that was a Big List Need. Though looks like we have a Few Talls coming in to try out for the SSP Rookie Spot.

1st Pick was just Best Available with Harry who has Fantastic Attitude and Professionalism and start on the Flanks so Nick Daicos can spend more time in the Midfield

TJ could be anything and also Feels a Need in the Medium and Long Term. With Howe being wrong side of 30 and Murphy has had ton's of Concussion's so could also play his Position.

Harry has the Higher Floor where TJ has the Bigger Upside.

Gave us a B Grade
I liked TJ's highlight package, seems to have very good hands. His kicking action seems laconic and it appears to take a long time for him to get the ball from hand to foot - is that just me? Doesn't appear to have a penetrating kick, so he'll need to work on that, and he'll need to put on some size - not sure we'll see too much of him in 2024 AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back