Third Test Australia v Pakistan Jan 3-7 1000hrs @ the SCG

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Very good series win. Pakistan gave us a couple of scares though! More competitive than the likes of England have been here in the last 10 years.
I agree Pakistan played well enough that they had a chance to win two out of 3 games and that's a lot better than some other touring sides and done recently, some good cricket from both sides.

Also the team is likeable, I think Masood is a great captain and can hopefully lead them to a more competitive brand of Test cricket.

I mean, Pakistan played well, just because a few spuds on here don’t rate them doesn’t make it true. Pakistan played well, Australia still won. Good cricket.

Yeah, PAK were spirited throughout the series, but our bowling plans against them were just dumb at times, especially during this match.

I agree Pakistan played well enough that they had a chance to win two out of 3 games and that's a lot better than some other touring sides and done recently, some good cricket from both sides.

Also the team is likeable, I think Masood is a great captain and can hopefully lead them to a more competitive brand of Test cricket.

To consistently compete with the Top 3, they need a more professional board that manages their players better (so that Naseem Shah doesn't get injured after playing pointless T20 tournaments) and prioritises skills development.

Which regrettably doesn't look like happening.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given the number of 50 opening stands and the like of the replacements, no, they would not have won the Ashes if he didn't play. His problem in the Ashes was starts and no going on. Still more than the replacements would have made, especially Harris.
I disagree Jim..our chances of winning the series in England with Warner playing where diminished

its simple for me Warner struggled in England but was a gun in Aussie conditions

thats how I will remember him

Apart from the sandpaper thing (that was a huge coverup) what has Warner done to be so hated?
Well he did king hit Joe Root, but I think it mainly stems from underperforming in England and then being entitled enough to declare his own retirement match a year in advance during a time when many people believed he should have been dropped already.

People shitting on Warner and Candice, but they are obviously doing a reasonable job of keeping the kids from putting themselves on a pedestal. I love how the middle one still gets excited by something as simple as being on the big screen.

Last edited:
I disagree Jim..our chances of winning the series in England with Warner playing where diminished

its simple for me Warner struggled in England but was a gun in Aussie conditions

thats how I will remember him
Thing was no one was doing better. Now we have to address it now he's gone. Low bar but he made the most scores over 20 for the Australians. Admittedly not saying much. Starts but didn't go on. A couple of half centuries and a number of scores in the 30s. Didn't not cost us winning the Series though, that's obvious. Which of the other openers would have done so much better that we won the series?

Not that he did well there but actually made a 50 every 4th innings on average in England. The stinker in 2019 skewed it alot. 2015 averaged 46.

Back