Who finishes last in 2024?

Who finishes last in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The only answer is West Coast.

Should expect natual improvement from North's young list.

The Eagles have Harley Reid but this isn't the NBA and he's no LeBron James.
West coast had like 10 of their best 22 injured or something didn't they?
Being young and a high draft pick holds way too much weight on bigfooty, GC have had an abundance of young high draft picks for over a decade.

Last edited:
Being young and a high draft pick holds way too much weight on bigfooty.

IMO most of the Eagles senior players are way over the hill.

Barasss might stop some of the bleeding.

The rest probably aren't capable of playing anywhere near 22 games.

Who in the North backline is gonna stop scores? At least the Eagles have a few expereinced defenders

North have a decent young midfield and a gun forward. They will be reasonably competitive even without a key defender.

Eagles have arguably the worst list in the history of the AFL. Barass and McGovern are going to be so overworked they will be lodging an application for stress leave by Round 4.

Who in the North backline is gonna stop scores? At least the Eagles have a few expereinced defenders
North Melbourne Afl GIF by NMFCOfficial

North have a decent young midfield and a gun forward. They will be reasonably competitive even without a key defender.

Eagles have arguably the worst list in the history of the AFL. Barass and McGovern are going to be so overworked they will be lodging an application for stress leave by Round 4.
I agree with much of that, but that North backline is gonna give up some BIG scores ... the young Kangas are gonna get overworked and battered, too

I agree with much of that, but that North backline is gonna give up some BIG scores ... the young Kangas are gonna get overworked and battered, too

Personally I don't rate Ben McKay at all (enjoy Essendon) so I anticpate their backline will perform about as well as last year.

I expect they will concede 100+ every week just like 2023 but probably won't get blown out nearly as much as the Eagles will.

Personally I don't rate Ben McKay at all (enjoy Essendon) so I anticpate their backline will perform about as well as last year.

I expect they will concede 100+ every week just like 2023 but probably won't get blown out nearly as much as the Eagles will.
Fairy muff. Still gonna be a toss up who finishes last

I personally think West Coast should have traded pick 1 as given the current state of their list it is better to get 2 or 3 first round picks who turn out to be good players than 1 superstar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have a look at the Eagles spine, then have a look at North’s back 6.

I personally think West Coast should have traded pick 1 as given the current state of their list it is better to get 2 or 3 first round picks who turn out to be good players than 1 superstar.

I don't buy into the reality that Harley Reid was meaningfully better than those that came immediatley after.

Nor do I buy into the percieved premium of Pick 1 over picks 2, 3 and 4

Since 2010 the only pick #1's who were the best in their draft are Sam Walsh and Jacob Weitering.

Funny enough as a group the Pick 4's of the last decade are proably better than the pick 1's.

Have a look at the Eagles spine, then have a look at North’s back 6.

Unless you can wind the clock back 5+ years McGovern and Darling are witches hats.

I don't rate Oscar Allen. Barass is decent but he's the only player on the entire WCE list that is AFL standard.

Clarko will have North set up to combat their complete lack of KPD's. They will be okay.

We've expected natural improvement from North's list since they culled it in 2017.

If WCE's off-field changes to support staff can keep players on the park/niggles to a minimum, they should push for 5-7 wins this year.

North should be the same, so if those 2 are destined to battle it out for the spoon again, we should still see them significantly improved.

Being young and a high draft pick holds way too much weight on bigfooty, GC have had an abundance of young high draft picks for over a decade.

WCE had 2 cat B rookies being the only 2 players not selected for the senior side for a number of games. It was very dire.

Unless you can wind the clock back 5+ years McGovern and Darling are witches hats.

McGovern had a season-ending injury and Darling played with a stuffed back/shoulder/arm last year.

I don't rate Oscar Allen.

Well, this says a great deal about your 'opinion' then...

Barass is decent but he's the only player on the entire WCE list that is AFL standard.

Doubling down on being dumb is an interesting tactic.

Clarko will have North set up to combat their complete lack of KPD's. They will be okay.

Clarko's done nothing since 2015 to indicate he's a capable coach at AFL level anymore.

The problem is every second year there is a "once in a generational talent" come through the draft and they rarely end up even the best player in their draft.
No, this is rubbish. Doesn’t happen.

Anyone who saw Harley play as a bottom ager for Vic country and then watched him this year knows that he was/is a supreme and standout talent.

No, this is rubbish. Doesn’t happen.

Anyone who saw Harley play as a bottom ager for Vic country and then watched him this year knows that he was/is a supreme and standout talent.

People said the same thing about Jason Horne Francis two years earlier. They can't both be generational talents. JHF isn't looking like he is going to be the best in his draft either.

Back