Preview Changes & pre-match discussion vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm bit worried about the Pies midfield. We did well against the Swans last week but Hannebery, Jack and Kennedy lack the class that someone like Pendlebury has. We don't shut him down, he's gonna cut us up. Wouldn't be smart to go head to head with him.

I agree disposal efficiency is very flawed as a stat. However, as I said in the first four games of this year Dal has had as many poor kicks that have resulted in turnovers as "Smokie" (love that nickname) Gibson and yet one player is lauded for his skills (and his mistakes ignored) and the other is a popular 'out' every week on here (and critized for every single mistake)

Sent from my Nokia 3210

Well I completely disagree with that statement.

Well I completely disagree with that statement.
Well I respectfully suggest you need to go back and watch the first 4 games objectively. People see what they wanna see with players like Gibson

Sent from my Nokia 3210

Well I respectfully suggest you need to go back and watch the first 4 games objectively. People see what they wanna see with players like Gibson

Sent from my Nokia 3210

He's been much better than usual the last 2-3 weeks, I have no problem admitting that.

Fair to say NDS makes some more dangerous decisions than Gibson. Gibson has been great this year though, busts his chops for the team.

That's a start. At least most on here have learnt to refer to Sam without the suffix "And Anthony"

Sent from my Nokia 3210

I think the point Daz was making is that you've probably exaggerated NDS' poor kicks. He takes good options, and executes well, a very high percentage of the time.

I will be disappointed if we bring Currie back to be honest to "match" the Pies based on the preferred 3 tall structure.

Agreed, it's Laidley-style tactics i.e. let's play six big forwards to stretch them for height.

Ziebell in for one of McKenzie/Jacobs/Nahas. Nothing else.

I think the point Daz was making is that you've probably exaggerated NDS' poor kicks. He takes good options, and executes well, a very high percentage of the time.
Ok pick Wells, Bastinac... Pretty much anyone except Boomer. All have made mistakes by foot this year and none get the scrutiny that Gibson gets. That was my point. He might not have a great deal of foot skills but he executes the skills he has as well as any other midfielder (Bar Harvey who is a freak) in our side

Sent from my Nokia 3210

Ok pick Wells, Bastinac... Pretty much anyone except Boomer. All have made mistakes by foot this year and none get the scrutiny that Gibson gets. That was my point. He might not have a great deal of foot skills but he executes the skills he has as well as any other midfielder (Bar Harvey who is a freak) in our side

Sent from my Nokia 3210
I agree with this.

They both know what they can do. Del is a more attractive kick to watch but Smokie is by no mean bad. Think he has learnt to play within his limitations. Certainly a better kick than me so I got no reason to bag him :D

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

They say you can't tag all three if wells,boomer and dal but can you tag the guy (cunners) who gets the ball out to them.

Will be interested who gets the tag.
And how they react to it.
I don't want timid wells if he gets tagged- need to be like boomer who gives it back to the tagger and makes it obvious he is being held.

They have to get on the move.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They say you can't tag all three if wells,boomer and dal but can you tag the guy (cunners) who gets the ball out to them.

Will be interested who gets the tag.
And how they react to it.
I don't want timid wells if he gets tagged- need to be like boomer who gives it back to the tagger and makes it obvious he is being held.

They have to get on the move.
If they tag Cunners put him forward for a spell and let McCarthy and Ziebell do the extracting.

Good to see Garner has gone from 3-4 weeks to test. He will obviously have to go through the VFL but I think after the bye we should be nearing full strength.
Was at training yesterday, and garner was just running laps..... Lots of laps. He looks fit and might just have been getting some k's in the legs because he has been laid up, but participated in zero ball work.

If they tag Cunners put him forward for a spell and let McCarthy and Ziebell do the extracting.

At stoppages I would put cunners up against pendles and say beat him to the clearances.

Should try to play through maxwells man as much as we can early in the game to make me accountable.
Issue is if we start with a loose man back-he will be theirs.

I have a worry that spud might be matched up one of their smalls but other than that pretty confident.

At stoppages I would put cunners up against pendles and say beat him to the clearances.

Should try to play through maxwells man as much as we can early in the game to make me accountable.
Issue is if we start with a loose man back-he will be theirs.

I have a worry that spud might be matched up one of their smalls but other than that pretty confident.
I'm worried that we'll run out of fresh legs due to the shorter break. Ziebell back and a full game to Jacobs should help. Basti, Levi, Dal and Gibson will be right. McKenzie, Cunners and Wells mightn't be as fresh as we'd like them. We've won our last three after grinding through the first half and then coming over the top in the 2nd. Need to get off to a quicker start if fatigue is a risk.

84kg is too light for a key forward who is going to take many marks inside the forward 50 at AFL level, a defender will put body contact on him and he wont take the marks. If he is going to be out in space then a midfielder can do the same role.
Didn't seem to be an issue for Gunston in the GF last year...

I'm worried that we'll run out of fresh legs due to the shorter break. Ziebell back and a full game to Jacobs should help. Basti, Levi, Dal and Gibson will be right. McKenzie, Cunners and Wells mightn't be as fresh as we'd like them. We've won our last three after grinding through the first half and then coming over the top in the 2nd. Need to get off to a quicker start if fatigue is a risk.

This worries me too to be honest. And another 6 day break to Freo wont help on ANZAC day either.

get a grip Big
Be Here Now
the woods are like a carnival act half the team are dwarves
now that wells nds and basti have finally decided to actually dirty their hands and tackle people we will monster them
A win on Sat arvo at the G
v the Pies
Remember 77

not really the attitude LC
Anzac Day
my grandfather was a runner in the trenches at Gallipolli and if u think he wld have worried about a 6 day break while the Turks were trying to blow him up well you are sadly mistaken
our blokes shld be flying the flag to pay us supporters back for that day of infamy in 2012
good teams perform anytime anywhere
stop mollycoddling these blokes freo are walking wounded and ripe for the plucking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back