Australians in County Cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

Glad to hear there is an Aussie at Durham, I live in Newcastle so that is by far the shortest travel time for me to see some cricket (about 15 minutes on the bus from my flat to Chester-le-Street).

Klinger made 81 overnight for Gloucestershire. Siddle smashed 40 off 35 for Notts, good to see Phil Jaques playing again but he only made 14.

Magoffin and Chris Jordan destroyed a pretty strong Warwickshitre batting line up continuing their pretty formidable new ball partnership for Sussex.

A name that stood out to me for Worcestershire was Alexei Kervezee, who made 54. He was a bit of a prodigy for the Netherlands going back to the 2007 World Cup as a 17 year old. Worcs signed him up, but he kind of disappeared off the international scene. Anyone know what the story was with him and why he is out of the Netherlands national side? The Speaker might know?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kervezee decided to focus on his county career in order to push his case for England selection.

I don't know why.
A farce too. If it wasn't for Bosman, he wouldn't even be able to play as a local in England.

He's been pretty ordinary over the last 3 years though, so yeah as you say he's little chance.

Looks like Siddle was a bit disappointing with the ball. Hopefully will acclimatise and work his way into some form.

Good to see a strong WA associated contingent.

North, Allenby, Goodwin, Hogan, Klinger, Nash, Rogers and Magoffin
If Bucky is WA then Klinger's Victorian

Remove this Banner Ad

Back