Niche domestic cricket references that warm the heart

Remove this Banner Ad

Gough - gotta broaden it. It’s all about our game in the country.

This is a thread for your Richard Chee Quee references, for your Adelaide Oval pre redevelopment being the greates sports stadium in the world talk, for your why the hell did Victoria play a season in shorts questions.

At Adelaide Oval you used to be able to get all your mates into the members as long as they bought an outer ticket and you had an associate members ticket. It was just a paper ticket, no bar code, you'd just meet them in the outer with the ticket which they'd use get into the members with, rinse and repeat and the SACA never checked.

Who was the last one to do it? Was it waugh or Brad hodge?

I remember about that era Shane Warne bowling mediums in a pre-season comp

Votes in 2004 was the last one I could find

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember going to one of the 50 over split innings games. Just felt a bit odd, IMO.

And this game - would love to see the last ball again to see if my memory is the same at this guy's...

I saw Ian Chappell bat in Test cricket.
I can remember going to a SCG test when John Snow knocked Terry Jenner down with a vicious bouncer.Snow went to the boundary to field and greeted by cans thrown on the field and a spectator grabbed Snow,s arm.Illingworth the England captain took his side off the field for 20 minutes.Who else was there that day?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back