Dimmas Disection on Roar Vision

And add to the fact that A) miles was good in Nab 1, ok Nab 2 and ordinary in Nab 3 (or something like this), while I think Thomas was good in 2 games I think. B) Thomas has form in the SANFL and at AFL level while Miles was unknown at this point. C) This decision was made 'before' the season started and at that stage we still believed we were in good nick for the season(not was has occurred), so all this rear vision thinking is only based on what has occurred after 18 odd rounds of which the match committee doesn't have that advantage. Seeing as Thomas was good early on in the season, imo that was the right thing to do AT THE TIME.
Yep we understand that Flea but they could of put Maric on the LTI and got this kid in the side as well or anytime really and or out a Jake King on the LTI earlier and promoted him and or played him as soon as he was promoted not wait 2 weeks .

We all know the excuses and we all know there were other options which this thread Is about. It's about analysis ing the spin and the excuses that come out of the club .

Can't rember Miles having an ordinary game in the NAB Cup but do remember him and Thomas having half a game each and Miles doing just as good as him if not better. Certainly more attacking than Thomas and had no trouble find the ball.

Let's face it the way the NAB Cup teams we're selected Hardwick had already made up his mind . So had a lot of us

Yep we understand that Flea but they could of put Maric on the LTI and got this kid in the side as well or anytime really and or out a Jake King on the LTI earlier and promoted him and or played him as soon as he was promoted not wait 2 weeks .

We all know the excuses and we all know there were other options which this thread Is about. It's about analysis ing the spin and the excuses that come out of the club .
It has already been explained why Maric on the LTI didn't happen, so im not sure why that is an issue at the time. I do agree on doing the King thing earlier but it was only 2 weeks so not much difference but I agree. But for me, the difference is I appreciate we all have a view, but imo I wasn't in the room for all of those discussions, so any view we have is ill informed with all the facts on the table to be decided on. So bearing this in mind I wont hang the club for it, which some are intent on doing at a moments notice.

Can't rember Miles having an ordinary game in the NAB Cup but do remember him and Thomas having half a game each and Miles doing just as good as him if not better. Certainly more attacking than Thomas and had no trouble find the ball.

Let's face it the way the NAB Cup teams we're selected Hardwick had already made up his mind . So had a lot of us
It was a seconds game v the pies in which he didn't get much of the pill I think. I think tigs was at the game and commented on it at the time. This was after a average game in the second Nab game.

It has already been explained why Maric on the LTI didn't happen, so im not sure why that is an issue at the time. I do agree on doing the King thing earlier but it was only 2 weeks so not much difference but I agree. But for me, the difference is I appreciate we all have a view, but imo I wasn't in the room for all of those discussions, so any view we have is ill informed with all the facts on the table to be decided on. So bearing this in mind I wont hang the club for it, which some are intent on doing at a moments notice.
Totally agree as I wasn't in the room for those discussions and I actually could see that they were probably going with the more mature body type as the upgrade rather than Miles but these guys get paid big salaries to get this stuff right so I will hang the club for not only not getting it right but not fixing it when they could of when they realised they had made a mistake . Now the club is putting a nice spin on it which is even more disgraceful so I'm more than happy to hang the club on this one .

And the Hampson one because they are two basic errors that IMO cost us finals this year and they were really simple pig headed errors. I'd like those responsible moved on under the stupidity and pig headed clause which I'm sure is in the coaching and football club manual somewhere.

Just kinder garden stuff and really disappointing for those that love the club but are not fan boys

Totally agree as I wasn't in the room for those discussions and I actually could see that they were probably going with the more mature body type as the upgrade rather than Miles but these guys get paid big salaries to get this stuff right so I will hang the club for not only not getting it right but not fixing it when they could of when they realised they had made a mistake . Now the club is putting a nice spin on it which is even more disgraceful so I'm more than happy to hang the club on this one .

And the Hampson one because they are two basic errors that IMO cost us finals this year and they were really simple pig headed errors. I'd like those responsible moved on under the stupidity and pig headed clause which I'm sure is in the coaching and football club manual somewhere.

Just kinder garden stuff and really disappointing for those that love the club but are not fan boys
Nah I still done see how intangibles are seen a getting things right every time is a flaw. It was considered and that was the decision based on the whole match committee voting it out. If you want a guarantee, buy a sidchrome socket set. The spin you talk of, is just what clubs say and I don't don't take that stuff to heart.

You might be right...but what no one has really been able to explain is why Miles got dumped by GWS and then why he got passed over by every other club. And rest assured every club has pored over the GWS list looking for a gem.

So if no one can explain why this happened then the logic stacks up. Miles must have had some serious deficiencies.

And therefore to perform as well as he has the logic also stands that he learnt a few things at Richmond. So when he played at the top level his impact was not that of a delisted and overlooked nuff nuff, he was a genuine AFL standard player.

Not spin. Logic.

You might be right...but what no one has really been able to explain is why Miles got dumped by GWS and then why he got passed over by every other club. And rest assured every club has pored over the GWS list looking for a gem.

So if no one can explain why this happened then the logic stacks up. Miles must have had some serious deficiencies.

And therefore to perform as well as he has the logic also stands that he learnt a few things at Richmond. So when he played at the top level his impact was not that of a delisted and overlooked nuff nuff, he was a genuine AFL standard player.

Not spin. Logic.
And there is a flip side to spin, all the negative spin that some use incessantly on here!

Not spin. Logic.
The logic behind getting delisted at GWS is they have an embarrassment of Riches and their early picks were getting games ahead of young zone selection picks so that would of cost him a lot of games ( refer to his web chat) . The fact he had 3 clubs interested in him ( refer to his web chat) says we weren't the only ones . He was a great pick up and it was great recruiting hopefully he plays 250 games and it's our best ever and yes I'm guessing he learnt a few things at Richmond in the pre season enough for him to come in earlier than round 13 . That's what this discussion is about . The far too late debut not that he want an awesome pick up.

Don't forget Choco's hand in this kid being on our radar ( refer to web chat) so once again hats off to the club.

Hopefully the club has learnt to pick players on form as it's cost us finals in 2014 pure and simple. We don't need spin we need to prepare for next years finals because we have the list to do so.

The logic behind getting delisted at GWS is they have an embarrassment of Riches and their early picks were getting games ahead of young zone selection picks so that would of cost him a lot of games ( refer to his web chat) . The fact he had 3 clubs interested in him ( refer to his web chat) says we weren't the only ones . He was a great pick up and it was great recruiting hopefully he plays 250 games and it's our best ever and yes I'm guessing he learnt a few things at Richmond in the pre season enough for him to come in earlier than round 13 . That's what this discussion is about . The far too late debut not that he want an awesome pick up.

Don't forget Choco's hand in this kid being on our radar ( refer to web chat) so once again hats off to the club.

Hopefully the club has learnt to pick players on form as it's cost us finals in 2014 pure and simple. We don't need spin we need to prepare for next years finals because we have the list to do so.

That's what your discussion is about. My discussion is about how the club unearthed a rough diamond and taught him how to be a more complete AFL level player and not just chuck him in the deep end based on pre season form (when other clubs weren't taking it seriously ie ESS and Coll). That's what GWS did and he failed at the level.

Great development by RFC coaches.

That's what your discussion is about. My discussion is about how the club unearthed a rough diamond and taught him how to be a more complete AFL level player and not just chuck him in the deep end based on pre season form (when other clubs weren't taking it seriously ie ESS and Coll). That's what GWS did and he failed at the level.

Great development by RFC coaches.
Is that what GWS did ? You don't think we haven't benefited from those 10 games he was thrown in the deep end the poor sausage?

Is that what GWS did ? You don't think we haven't benefited from those 10 games he was thrown in the deep end the poor sausage?

If GWS had developed him properly he'd be playing in the guts for them, not us.
That's my point...a bit of credit where it's due to our coaching and development program.

If GWS had developed him properly he'd be playing in the guts for them, not us.
That's my point...a bit of credit where it's due to our coaching and development program.
GWS were too busy playing favourites and not picking players on form like Hardwick was doing earlier in the year . up to Round 12 in fact . That's my point. I also think our coaches did a great job and had him prepared for round 1. Never said they didn't .

Haha.

Speaking of Dimmas dissection, another quality segment this week. Wonder if any of the gang have asked a question?
Probably not, you see if you've already got the answer...

Seriously though, a great opportunity to ask a direct question...anybody?
Glad they've changed the format . Good info about wet weather footy and going from wet to dry balls after scoring shots I thought .

Haha.

Speaking of Dimmas dissection, another quality segment this week. Wonder if any of the gang have asked a question?
Probably not, you see if you've already got the answer...

Seriously though, a great opportunity to ask a direct question...anybody?
I mentioned to RFC_Official that this is a much better format. I think it's become pretty obvious that defensive pressure is the thing the youngsters need to work on to get a game. That has been his reasoning for the Miles and McBean question. Though not sure whether he is allowed to say McBean isn't getting a game because "he's built like a 12 year old girl" :p

I mentioned to RFC_Official that this is a much better format. I think it's become pretty obvious that defensive pressure is the thing the youngsters need to work on to get a game. That has been his reasoning for the Miles and McBean question. Though not sure whether he is allowed to say McBean isn't getting a game because "he's built like a 12 year old girl" :p

lol. Can't see him saying that either. The Bean has got a bit bigger this year...still a way to go.

I have to confess though that I have asked a question on the Dissection...and it's been answered! Real clever question too!!

lol. Can't see him saying that either. The Bean has got a bit bigger this year...still a way to go.

I have to confess though that I have asked a question on the Dissection...and it's been answered! Real clever question too!!
Was that the one about Megan Gale being better at football than her husband?

I think our coaches harp on about what our players can't do way too much instead of focusing in on their positive attributes...........at least in public anyway. I was listening to Wayne Brittain last week talking about how this is very important especially when dealing with kids. That if you told them incessantly what they couldn't do that it demoralised some players into thinking they were no good. He also went on to say that you generally recruited a kid because you saw things that they could do rather things that they couldn't do and that they should be played accordingly. For instance if a kid was super quick to use these attributes instead of trying to turn them into something they're not.

Back