the "i'll crack you thread"

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
just heard (still at work, few beers in) a replay on 5aa where rowie asked a serious question about a player (not named in the grab I heard) being recruited by carlton (ok, even though I'm drunk, it's tex, danger or Sloane). apparently trigg said no way would it happen but according to chappy, he looked him in the eye (quite steely from his tone) and said that he'd crack him if he does. wow, talk about spine tingling. I tells you what, if I saw an angry chappy rolling down the street, I'd cross the road as well. maybe to punch him, maybe to start a conversation on where I felt he'd let the club down during his tenure.

seriously, though, what a ridiculous predicament. chappy having to go on the rowe/bone show to physically attest to the fact that trigg couldn't do any damage to the club whilst in this 'in-betweener' role. eff me, I know there's some exciting stuff afoot, but ffs, can we just not let this conceited megalomaniac go, and forth effing with.

anyway, just for a bit of fun, can anyone come up with another example where high profile people have laid out similar terms for all and sundry to be across.

god to some bloke about something "i'll smite you unless you kill your son". reckon that was pretty big at the time.
got another one. god, "ill ruin mankind for an eternity if you eat that apple". pretty big as well.

maybe something more current.

The most recent highest profile physical encounter I can think of is Packer v Gyngel.

Chappy v Trigg would be the feather-weight bout.

nah mate, they just duked it out. we're talking about chappy telling the world that he told triggy that a certain player wasn't going to carlton and triggy replied, "mate, no worries, he's not, I won't take him". but chappy then says that he looked him in the eye, with a steely gaze no doubt, and told him he'd crack him if he did. I'm not privy to the discussion between packs/gyng because it wasn't broadcast for the world to hear. if chappy and trigg end up with similar footage, then it will be piss-funny because we can (if aa release it) chippy's interview.

I normally type at around 100 wpm, lucky to be rolling out 60 at the moment. eff you all. no, I'm not that drunk. give me a couple of hours though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And I doubt any of our players would follow Trigg anywhere.

danger, in his interview with caro that caused the small stir, mentioned that some players interest themselves with such matters as losing draft picks but others don't. he quite clearly put himself into the "I know what the tools have done and I know that they've made it hard for the footy dept to succeed camp". he did make it clear that he's one of a group that is not particularly representative of the entire list. if I had to place a bet, I'd bet that now that trigg is nearly gone, we stand a much better chance of keeping danger et al. although we are rejoicing the departure of trigg, the actual exciting information is coming from the footy dept and the potential re-investment into that area.

Remember when Phil left; and he was the enemy, effective immediately?

Yea.

******* pathetic that Trigg hasn't been marched - yet another example of how pissweak our 'leadership' is.

if I had to guess, I reckon there's some 'wavering' amongst the board on that. there'd be some strong opinions, like ours, and there'd be the 'but trigg has been here 20 years, we're nothing without him'. I'm starting to think that the strong opinions are starting to reign supreme amongst the board. when trigg was kept on, it wasn't unanimous, there were people on the board who though he should be gone.

I reckon it's all ok. trigg is gone. noble is getting his teeth into the footy dept. he won't be hamstrung by the 'knower of all' view on footy dept spend. caro, now triggs greatest fan (having been the only vic media person to suggest he shouldn't have a job) is being nudged by the afl for her positive 'reflection' on trigg.

we haven't had true leadership. trigg has been running the board for years and he's burned them all. but they all deserve it, because none of them stood up and said something as simple as "I disagree". he was given 4 weeks, I doubt it'll last 2.

if I had to guess, I reckon there's some 'wavering' amongst the board on that. there'd be some strong opinions, like ours, and there'd be the 'but trigg has been here 20 years, we're nothing without him'. I'm starting to think that the strong opinions are starting to reign supreme amongst the board. when trigg was kept on, it wasn't unanimous, there were people on the board who though he should be gone.

I reckon it's all ok. trigg is gone. noble is getting his teeth into the footy dept. he won't be hamstrung by the 'knower of all' view on footy dept spend. caro, now triggs greatest fan (having been the only vic media person to suggest he shouldn't have a job) is being nudged by the afl for her positive 'reflection' on trigg.

we haven't had true leadership. trigg has been running the board for years and he's burned them all. but they all deserve it, because none of them stood up and said something as simple as "I disagree". he was given 4 weeks, I doubt it'll last 2.
You need to drink and post more often 1970crow

You need to drink and post more often 1970crow

think you're on your own there my man. have you ever woken and had that vague recollection that you might have posted while a bit under the weather. have a quick look and see numerous alerts. it can take me up to a week to delicately review the feedback. I think less drink and less posting is probably the way to go. but thank you for your positive feedback.

think you're on your own there my man. have you ever woken and had that vague recollection that you might have posted while a bit under the weather. have a quick look and see numerous alerts. it can take me up to a week to delicately review the feedback. I think less drink and less posting is probably the way to go. but thank you for your positive feedback.
Drunk posting is always good fun, especially after a big loss but especially after a big win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back