'BT' and Darcy: The Worst Commentary Team in History?

Remove this Banner Ad

Just on DARCE…

I happened to watch that swill, "Talking Footy" last Monday night. You should've heard the way Darcy tried to make light of the way he laughed along when Brian Taylor made the "big NTTAWWTter" comment on Saturday. It was obviously a pre-arranged set-up question by Tim Watson where presumably, Darcy would try to minimise any damage he caused to his "good guy" reputation and reiterate that using words like "NTTAWWTter" is just not on...

At first he acted all apologetic, except he just talked around in circles and forgot to answer the question or say that he didn't mean to laugh. He just mouthed a whole lot of words but didn't say anything. It was EMBARRASSING… Total floggery.

I don't give a stuff about BT's use of the word "NTTAWWTter".. It didn't offend me. He is an idiot, but at least he isn't false. He is who he is. A big boofhead of a relic from a bygone era. What offends me is two-faced hypocrites such as Luke Darcy who laugh at "NTTAWWTter" jokes and then later, they pretend they're so politically correct. If Darcy had a problem with Taylor's comment, he should've said so then and there and not laughed along like the sheep that he is. He saw the public reaction to BT - the negative fallout which nearly got BT sacked and then realised some back-pedalling was in order.

F**kin' knob.

darce has history.

on ch 10, on the post sat night show with andy maher, highlights of a streaker were shown. he said "dont need to see that".

Give 'BT' and darc a break. They are absolute stars. They add a bit of
Zest to what can be a bland commentary team. There is no need to hate
On them at all!!!

Look, as much as they embarrass those who have to partake in their conversations up in the box, let's give them a break. I would feel lost without the occasional "Big Boy McEvoy!" and "Boy oh Boy Woweeee". Adds a bit of character in my opinion. And coming back to the comments he made Re: Harry Taylor, whats the fuss? C'mon are we that political correct that we can't use the word NTTAWWTter? Tell me that nobody in daily life has called someone a "NTTAWWTter"? We honestly need to take a good hard look at ourselves and harden up!

It's not about being offended. It's not about us at all. It's about what BT and channel 7 think is acceptable at 6:30 at night. I wasn't watching, but my 8 year old son was. He came into the kitchen and said "hey dad, BT just did this" and stuck two fingers up at me. I didn't notice until I saw the NTTAWWTter clip but that's when he did it. So my son is watching a footy pre-game show and he's got a guy calling someone a NTTAWWTter and sticking his fingers up. WTF? Did you know that whole thing was scripted and rehearsed? It wasn't some random off-the-cuff thing. I'm sure BT said, hey wouldn't it be funny if I call Harry Taylor a NTTAWWTter! and the producers either said, whatever yea, or hey it would!
I don't think it's all about BT, who is a lazy special comments guy paid to be the play-by-play commentator, but more about the dross that Channel 7 are serving up as the AFL coverage after paying a billion dollars to get it.

Just on DARCE…

I happened to watch that swill, "Talking Footy" last Monday night. You should've heard the way Darcy tried to make light of the way he laughed along when Brian Taylor made the "big NTTAWWTter" comment on Saturday. It was obviously a pre-arranged set-up question by Tim Watson where presumably, Darcy would try to minimise any damage he caused to his "good guy" reputation and reiterate that using words like "NTTAWWTter" is just not on...

At first he acted all apologetic, except he just talked around in circles and forgot to answer the question or say that he didn't mean to laugh. He just mouthed a whole lot of words but didn't say anything. It was EMBARRASSING… Total floggery.

I don't give a stuff about BT's use of the word "NTTAWWTter".. It didn't offend me. He is an idiot, but at least he isn't false. He is who he is. A big boofhead of a relic from a bygone era. What offends me is two-faced hypocrites such as Luke Darcy who laugh at "NTTAWWTter" jokes and then later, they pretend they're so politically correct. If Darcy had a problem with Taylor's comment, he should've said so then and there and not laughed along like the sheep that he is. He saw the public reaction to BT - the negative fallout which nearly got BT sacked and then realised some back-pedalling was in order.

F**kin' knob.

So you think BT's 'NTTAWWTter' comment wasn't scripted - Believe otherwise and you live with the fairies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Darcy: Woodward's a great story, his dad's a taxi driver...

What does his old man being a taxi driver have to do with Woodward being a "great story" you moron?
Because a taxi driver used to know every street in Melbourne by memory, and the best route to your destination along with a nice conversation. Now it seems to be a moron who can't drive.

So if he is one of the few good ones, celebrate him.

Last edited:
Because a taxi driver used to know every street in Melbourne by memory, and the best route to your destination along with a nice conversation. Now it seems to be moron who can't drive.

So if he is one of the few good ones, celebrate him.

So Darcy would love the way his dad goes about it (drives around town)?

I think BT, Darc & Richo have great synergy and their light-hearted banter is perfect for Saturday night where a large portion of viewers are in party-mode and are watching the game during pre-drinks. BT's just a bloke who doesn't take himself too seriously and enjoys goading a few members of his commentary team; all for a bit of fun. I myself find his sense of humour very amusing and it's refreshing to have characters like him and Swanny in the AFL who deviate away from the usual conformist-type personalities.

Lingy, on the other hand is devoid of any sense of humour and is up there with Matthew Lloyd for having zero aptitude as a media perfomer and only getting a gig due to his career as a footballer.

I think BT, Darc & Richo have great synergy and their light-hearted banter is perfect for Saturday night where a large portion of viewers are in party-mode and are watching the game during pre-drinks. BT's just a bloke who doesn't take himself too seriously and enjoys goading a few members of his commentary team; all for a bit of fun. I myself find his sense of humour very amusing and it's refreshing to have characters like him and Swanny in the AFL who deviate away from the usual conformist-type personalities.

Lingy, on the other hand is devoid of any sense of humour and is up there with Matthew Lloyd for having zero aptitude as a media perfomer and only getting a gig due to his career as a footballer.
taking the piss clearly

A good commentary team should compliment the game, if it's a bit dull then bring on the tom foolery and banter, if the game it exciting and dramatic then let the game tell the story and build on it at keys times...as much as brewce has become a cliche of himself he stills knows how to commentate and build on, or add to a game.

BT just randomly shoots his load for any reason during a game, and Darce is just a flog of the highest order...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back