The Adelaide United Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Ex Barca, coached by Amor and Gomby I think. Would be massive

I have no idea who he is but I'll just say it now - If he has immense talent and is still on the books of a PL side, we won't be getting him.

Especially when Jero has been all but gone for a few months. Josep wasn't just on holiday for 7 weeks in Spain.

Yep I went, good crowd but not the place for the round ball IMO. Being a friendly there was a subdued atmosphere which I hope improves for the season proper. Im one of the few who doesn't actually like Hindmarsh, not so much the stadium itself, its brilliant, but its in a pig of a place and its a nightmare if you wanna drive

Malaga were VERY slick though. Can see the gulf in class because we try to play a similar style. Good case study actually.

Ten years of disappointment mate. That's why.
Think we are better run and certainly better coached than we ever have been. Plus its not like we haven't had good players in the past too, the replacement will be a more versatile player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Add 10K more plus the added spice of a game against the enemy and it should be huge.

Went to the game... couldn't see a third of the pitch because of the advertising blocks around the pitch (what are they called again? lol) were blocking the view. Our defense is still very suspect due to individual acts of stupidity from guys like malik and booaard.

Wouldnt take a huge amount out of that game. Malik was absolutely outstanding last year, if youre gonna make an error make it in a friendly and Boogaard cops a huge amount of unnecessary flak. McGowan will help no end IMO. We still have enormous forward grunt though, young Kamau looked lively in the second half, even quicker than Awer !!!!

Still, we are months away from the real stuff. Agree re AO though, even though it was only a friendly it just doesnt work for mine. Good on the club for trying and there will be a huge crowd for the first game, but use it sparingly

Went to the game... couldn't see a third of the pitch because of the advertising blocks around the pitch (what are they called again? lol) were blocking the view. Our defense is still very suspect due to individual acts of stupidity from guys like malik and booaard.
Had the same problem as you. Just hope this is fixed up for the victory match

I would doubt it, which is unfortunate because they are a right royal pain.

Yeah agreed, we snuck onto the middle tier for a bit and that was much better.

Went to the game v comets last night. Christ, Kamau has some speed in him. Hopefully he gets a bit of a run in the seniors this season.

As I mentioned after the Malaga game, he is even quicker than Awer. Issue is always going to be his size, he is very very small at this stage. Like the look of Ochieng (sp) too. We have a number of quality youth players coming through the system and Josep wants to play them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back