What's worse, being dropped for your 100th game or start it with a green vest?

Remove this Banner Ad

Patch should be dropped to regain touch/fitness until he's good for a full game. Strikes me as a team player so I think he'd be disappointed to be dropped on the eve of his 100th he would understand. Good chance he won't be dropped or sub though...

The game has passed him by.
Has lost the bit of pace he once had, his once long kicking has gone and is not hitting the scoreboard.
Should be a depth player in the VFL nowadays

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He should be playing like puopolo yet he runs around sometimes like a headless chook.
In fairness, so does Puopolo half the time.

As have most of the team!
That's true. A lot of the team are playing away from their potential at this point but with our injuries we can't afford to drop as many as probably need it. Patch is probably the worst performed over the last two months, averaging 12 touches and has kicked one goal in 7 games, tackling output severely diminished too.

I used to be a huge Patch fan. That's been tested no doubt.

I could handle the fumbling and wasting chances if he was a defensive animal or had another really strong attribute, but he has really dropped off generally in recent times. Must be very low on confidence, as I can't think of one part of his game that has improved since two years ago.

He will be sub this week I suspect, but needs to start showing why we gave him another two years with some strong 4 quarter performances.

[
Patch is probably the worst performed over the last two months, averaging 12 touches and has kicked one goal in 7 games, tackling output severely diminished too.

Mullett has kicked more goals and has more inside 50s a game this season and he has been average and plays in the backline.

How can a high half forward have only 31 inside 50s for the year or 1.8 a game?

Even Thomas has more than that.

Anyway I think any game for North Melbourne a player gets is an honour and the sub is just another position.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back