2014 Trade/FA Discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

Money can force people to do a lot of things others think they wouldnt...
Dayne asked his management months ago to open contract negotiations with the pies. You don't do that unless you have no intention of leaving.
Don't be surprised if the pies announce his contract extension before the start of next season.

Dayne asked his management months ago to open contract negotiations with the pies. You don't do that unless you have no intention of leaving.
Don't be surprised if the pies announce his contract extension before the start of next season.
months ago and there hasnt been anything saying he has or is close to signing. may be abit of a problem :)

Surely it would be in the best interest of Beams' management to hear other offers and get the best contract possible for their client.

Surely it would be in the best interest of Beams' management to hear other offers and get the best contract possible for their client.
He fired his previous management for stuffing around and playing games with the pies last time his contract was renewed. He wants as little attention surrounding contracts next year as possible, hence why he has requested contract negotiations open 12 months earlier than needed.
That was your best retort when you couldn't think of anything to say. You realise that he made sense and didn't know what to say.
If what you say is true that he wanted to open contract negotiations months ago then why hasn't the Pies done the contract yet?
Clearly it hasn't occurred to you that I might actually know someone to get this info. If you want to believe that your mob have a chance of landing Dayne, that's your prerogative, but you'll be dissappointed.
And contract negotiations for elite players take time. There is no rush to get anything completed yet, and no reason to believe that he won't re-sign when a suitable agreement for both him and the club is reached.

He fired his previous management for stuffing around and playing games with the pies last time his contract was renewed. He wants as little attention surrounding contracts next year as possible, hence why he has requested contract negotiations open 12 months earlier than needed.

Clearly it hasn't occurred to you that I might actually know someone to get this info. If you want to believe that your mob have a chance of landing Dayne, that's your prerogative, but you'll be dissappointed.
And contract negotiations for elite players take time. There is no rush to get anything completed yet, and no reason to believe that he won't re-sign when a suitable agreement for both him and the club is reached.

Let me guess, you know Daynes sister?

Your right there, especially when the club from his home town comes out and states they have loads of salary cap, negotiations then I would think be very interesting.

You know someone? Is it your mate's, brothers, dad's, best friends, cousin?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How did you know? :drunk:

I can tell you right now, that Dayne, and some of the playing group, are not happy with Buckley and his method of coaching. Coupled with your ordinary list for the future and talented players who have left under Buckley, it's not surprising to see why. It's definitely possible that Beams will be coming home to play for the Lions.

I can tell you right now, that Dayne, and some of the playing group, are not happy with Buckley and his method of coaching. Coupled with your ordinary list for the future and talented players who have left under Buckley, it's not surprising to see why. It's definitely possible that Beams will be coming home to play for the Lions.
Ordinary list for the future? You clearly pay as much attention to the pies list as I do to the Lions.

Ok, it appears that no one's convincing anyone of anything so let's move on.

Edit: That means discussion of Collingwood and Brisbane's playing lists and the yet-to-be contract status of Dayne Beams, if it wasn't obvious.

Last edited:
Just a quick one though.... I haven't caught many pies games over ther last few seasons.... The ones I have D.Beams hasn't covered himself in glory...

Is he really in the top eschalon of midfielders??

I would say so. Not many midfielders in the game can win their own ball, use it well, gather 30+ touches and be a constant scoring threat.
Then why are we so focused on getting Dayne back to brissy?

We have the space in the salary cap to get just about anybody... who do we REALLY want?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back