Autopsy Roast 'Em or Toast 'Em v Sydney Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

For the last 9 days they have devoted page 7 to the Tiges and on 2 occasions page 7 and 9, three days ago they even managed being included in the Editorial, that's VERY unusual (and it was a ripper as well). Goes to show we sell papers.
I thought they may have been setting us up to fail with the "We're for Tigerland" slogan today. But, they've gone front page again. :D

And the goal they got Morris "legging" them. Its not legging if the opposition player runs into the side of him.

I just watched the highlights, that goal where chappy falls over when Newman goes to pick it up Towers(i think) shoves him exactly the same as Petterd in our forward 50 and the cotch free kick.

Flog host of all night appetite on sen saying swans were robbed by the umpires

The Parker "advantage" in the 1st qtr = Goal
Hanneberry push in the side = Goal

The Swans were given EVERY opportunity by the umpires to win the game. Jack was held in every marking attempt and the treatment of Cotchin around the ball was a disgrace. There was a shocker that resulted in another umpiring mistake where a swans player took possession and was tackled, thus "dropping the ball" would have been applied to all other teams, but somehow the umps found a new interpretation of "holding the man" - because it was a Swans player. Cotchin was tackled "mid air" before he had the ball and then slammed into the back. Play on was the call. Jetta spent most of the game appealing to the umpires for frees and Goodes was simply an embarrassment. There was a stanza of play where Goodes was more interested in staging several times and throwing his arms out when not in possession. He has the term "playing for a free kick" his own.

Some real howlers out there today. If the game was played on equal terms we would have won by at least 20 points.

The Parker "advantage" in the 1st qtr = Goal
Hanneberry push in the side = Goal

The Swans were given EVERY opportunity by the umpires to win the game. Jack was held in every marking attempt and the treatment of Cotchin around the ball was a disgrace. There was a shocker that resulted in another umpiring mistake where a swans player took possession and was tackled, thus "dropping the ball" would have been applied to all other teams, but somehow the umps found a new interpretation of "holding the man" - because it was a Swans player. Cotchin was tackled "mid air" before he had the ball and then slammed into the back. Play on was the call. Jetta spent most of the game appealing to the umpires for frees and Goodes was simply an embarrassment. There was a stanza of play where Goodes was more interested in staging several times and throwing his arms out when not in possession. He has the term "playing for a free kick" his own.

Some real howlers out there today. If the game was played on equal terms we would have won by at least 20 points.

can somebody explain what was paid against Newman on Rohan in the lead up to Reids last goal??

Bringing this one back before I hit the hay. An even greater resonance NOW THAT WE'RE PLAYING FINALS.

What a day. Damn.

Props to knickerbocker

Needs to add Jack on the siren and probably Dustys goal now. But i've watched this at least 20 times since midweek

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In all seriousness though. How was it? Were you sitting in amongst the Tigers? ******* just a little bit jealous. :p
Yes. Right behind the goals in the middle of the large Richmond contingent. Amazing atmosphere. Everyone nervous but excited.
I live in Sydney and sometimes I get invited to Swans games. The Swans fans are all a bit genteel and golf clappy.
This was exactly not like that.

First 15 minutes were great and got Team Tiger going.
But the last 15 minutes and especially the Tiger fans reaction as Martin got free and bounced his way to the goal was unbelievable. Right towards us.

Even better was the noise as the final siren went. I've heard the Yellow and Black yelled out many times before,
but the passion today was sensational. EVERYONE on their feet screaming, hugging, yelling. Win! Finals! Yes!

All the players did a great job of coming over and acknowledging the Tiger fans and support before chairing Newy off.
I'll admit it. As the game ended and we all were going nuts, something seems to have got in both my eyes and made them a bit moist.

Yes. Right behind the goals in the middle of the large Richmond contingent. Amazing atmosphere. Everyone nervous but excited.
I live in Sydney and sometimes I get invited to Swans games. The Swans fans are all a bit genteel and golf clappy.
This was exactly not like that.

First 15 minutes were great and got Team Tiger going.
But the last 15 minutes and especially the Tiger fans reaction as Martin got free and bounced his way to the goal was unbelievable. Right towards us.

Even better was the noise as the final siren went. I've heard the Yellow and Black yelled out many times before,
but the passion today was sensational. EVERYONE on their feet screaming, hugging, yelling. Win! Finals! Yes!

All the players did a great job of coming over and acknowledging the Tiger fans and support before chairing Newy off.
I'll admit it. As the game ended and we all were going nuts, something seems to have got in both my eyes and made them a bit moist.
Haha that's awesome. I teared up a bit too. Was an amazing win and Jack's celebrations with the crowd were epic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back