FTA-TV Big Brother 2014 - Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think my favourite girl so far is Cat. Is quite pretty, but is also very smart and isn't an emotional wreck like some of the others. Would wife.
Yeah, I thought she was a bit boring at first, but so far she's been good value.

Level headed, can be fun and witty at times, and speaks quite intelligently almost all the time.

However, I reckon she might start sounding a little pompous. Just a prediction.

So when Lisa was in the diary room tonight I couldn't help but think, they really do sag a little.

Yes I'm a terrible person. :oops:

Thought the same thing. The girl needs a good push up bra.

And stay away from the string bikinis. Never worn one of them in my lfe, dunno why others would.

Big Brother has a lot to answer for.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/enterta...ith-that-hot-tub/story-fni0cjvk-1227060650870

What. the. ****. Indeed.

In relation to the article, period. You dont like the show. DONT WATCH IT. Jesus christ... so a woman kissed another woman in a spa. Call the friggin police now!!!!
I got to this bit and almost put my head through my wall:

'We want to see our contestants work towards an end goal and be rewarded for showcasing some sort of talent (MasterChef, The Voice, DWTS), not gallivanting around in a confined space like a bunch of wild animals.'

Then go ******* watch Masterchef, The Voice, DWTS - BB is far from a talent show and it's been around for more than a decade, have they not figured it out yet??

I got to this bit and almost put my head through my wall:

'We want to see our contestants work towards an end goal and be rewarded for showcasing some sort of talent (MasterChef, The Voice, DWTS), not gallivanting around in a confined space like a bunch of wild animals.'

Then go ******* watch Masterchef, The Voice, DWTS - BB is far from a talent show and it's been around for more than a decade, have they not figured it out yet??

I get really annoyed when ppl say "only in-bred, stupid, etc etc people what this s**t".

Well I like to think I'm not in bred, like to think I am (semi) intelligent, and the exact opposite of every other insult they cast around. Such a ****ing generalization, it does my head in.

I watch the show for a laugh, never take it seriously- and never use my own money to actually vote for the housemates.

I get really annoyed when ppl say "only in-bred, stupid, etc etc people what this s**t".

Well I like to think I'm not in bred, like to think I am (semi) intelligent, and the exact opposite of every other insult they cast around. Such a ****ing generalization, it does my head in.

I watch the show for a laugh, never take it seriously- and never use my own money to actually vote for the housemates.
100% agree with you. I was reading the comments and couldn't stop laughing at the people who are constantly using 'intelligent' as an insult to those who watch the show.. The same people using 'intelligent' are also referring to it as a reality show and bang on about how it's nothing to do with reality. I'm pretty sure it's always been referred to as a 'social experiment'.

As long as CH 9 have the rights to it, it's going to be real shitty imo though. It's like buying a Call of Duty game - usually s**t, but you still buy it.

100% agree with you. I was reading the comments and couldn't stop laughing at the people who are constantly using 'intelligent' as an insult to those who watch the show.. The same people using 'intelligent' are also referring to it as a reality show and bang on about how it's nothing to do with reality. I'm pretty sure it's always been referred to as a 'social experiment'.

As long as CH 9 have the rights to it, it's going to be real shitty imo though. It's like buying a Call of Duty game - usually s**t, but you still buy it.

Also why are they using up so much effort and time even talking about it in the first place.

I hate Rugby League for example. But instantly just "tune out" when anything remotely to do with Rugby comes on the TV/media form. Couldnt even name one player. Bet those people bagging Big Brother could name a few house mates.

The only legitimate argument they'd have is the fact the show is taking up so much air time (and I gotta admit, I probs gotta reduce a bit how much I watch of the show every night, is getting a bit much), and taking the place of other shows that could be on. But hey, thats commercial TV for you..

3 nights a week would be enough. Viewer choice is key, I find watching people fascinating, the show can be low brow but also has some real genuine moments of the pure human condition that are fascinating, I like both elements. Really intelligent people (not just bookworm high brow types) can usually appreciate things for what they are and those who will judge someone based on their television preferences are not people I want to converse with, about anything, ever

Big Brother & Home and Away (although not reality) are the only Aussie TV shows I watch now. Reality based just Big Brother and being a wrestling fan I watch Total Divas (classed as reality, even though we all know shows like that are somewhat scripted, but hey, what 'reality' show isn't?)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which "reality" shows does everyone watch around here?

Australian Bach and BB for me, and that is it. (Other than Sunday night Block). I also love Survivor and Australian TAR, but they are hardly reality shows, more like "extreme game shows".

Big Brother, Survivor, The Amazing Race (have only watched the 2 Aussie seasons but keen to start watching the American ones).

The wife gets sucked into a few others like The Block and My Kitchen Rules, but I can't stand those ones. Especially the cooking ones. Neither of us have even the slightest interest in the generic talent shows.

Slightly different but we don't mind the shows like American Pickers/Restoration either. I guess they're technically reality shows.

BB, TAR, Survivor, Storage Wars, Baggage Wars, American Pickers, House Rules (last series only), Masterchef Australia (last series only), Million Dollar Listing NYC, Million Dollar Listing Miami. I don't have A&E on my Foxtel package anymore but I'll give most things a go. I find real life just as interesting as a fictional world. Too much scripting in reality TV does my head in though.

Big Brother has a lot to answer for.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/enterta...ith-that-hot-tub/story-fni0cjvk-1227060650870

What. the. ****. Indeed.

In relation to the article, period. You dont like the show. DONT WATCH IT. Jesus christ... so a woman kissed another woman in a spa. Call the friggin police now!!!!
Okay, yeah haha.

Should probably have read your last paragraph. Was reading the article and going, wtf is this person on about?? How could Shell even agree with this article?

I know right. The person writing it clearly doesn't like BB lol. She's even got it wrong when she says David called Lisa's breasts unattractive. No one on the show has even said the word unattractive!

3 nights a week would be enough. Viewer choice is key, I find watching people fascinating, the show can be low brow but also has some real genuine moments of the pure human condition that are fascinating, I like both elements. Really intelligent people (not just bookworm high brow types) can usually appreciate things for what they are and those who will judge someone based on their television preferences are not people I want to converse with, about anything, ever
You mean only show Big Brother 3 nights a week?

Nah, I'd hate that.

I think it ruins the whole social experiment, because you never really get to see the housemates properly, and you get a very distorted, edited view of them (more than it is now).

I think the best way to watch BB, for me, is to completely delve into it. Watch it every night (as much as I can), and I would have caught up with the live feeds if there were any.

If it's 3 or 4 times a week, it's really no different to watching a soap opera.

Wouldn't watch if 3-4 times a week, currently questioning if the edit being shown now is a true reflection of what is actually happening in there. Seems like some massive blow-ups over some small comments at the moment, get the distinct impression there must be more going on especially the effect beard guy has had on most of the chicks.

Wouldn't watch if 3-4 times a week, currently questioning if the edit being shown now is a true reflection of what is actually happening in there. Seems like some massive blow-ups over some small comments at the moment, get the distinct impression there must be more going on especially the effect beard guy has had on most of the chicks.
It never is.

On the BBB forums Ben from 2012 is on there, and yeah, even then it was distorted and heavily edited.

And with the lack of live feeds this season, it's even moreso.

I love how in that article she mentions that they now have a treehouse for them to gossip in, like they don't already gossip in every single other room... :rolleyes:

A few things I'd change though:

Put it on later and edit it less. What's the point of putting a bunch of hot singles in the house if you can't show half the stuff they're going to get up to?

Don't just pick obnoxious extroverts. Introverts can be just as interesting (maybe more), it just takes a little longer to come out.

I thought I had another one but I've forgotten it. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back