FTA-TV Big Brother 2014 - Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really related to BB but.... I find this whole "meathead" agenda very odd.

It seems you can't work out and look good without getting labelled a "meathead" in a negative manner.
In my book just because you workout doesn't make you a meathead its mainly about the personality. For instance Travis is a meathead he's bland,dull and to be perfectly honest offers nothing to the show, he's a lump of meat. However I wouldn't call Sam a meathead as he seems relatively smart to me.

Honestly, I will never understand the Travis hate.

I think it's just the way that he presents himself, that people automatically just go "nup, don't want a bar of him". Because from my POV, while Travis isn't giving out calculated, smart, educated answers like Cat, he's still making sense when he speaks. I don't think he's dull or bland at all, I think there's a reason why he's been given more airtime than the rest of the housemates, yet hasn't been part of any controversy.

But I think it's a lot like me and Priya. Even just from the package, before BB aired, and when she went into the house, I immediately disliked her. Just from the way she presents herself, I can't explain why, just makes me want to completely ignore her.

I dont hate the meathead Travis. I think his lack of intelligence and his inability to articulate adds to the friction of the show. will call him an unloveable booffhead too just to get into the spirit of the show's theme of character assassination

Lol Dave sayin him and sandra are like a married couple and asking what he needs to change.

Which brings me to something a wise old man ( ok it was my fasha ) once told me.

" A woman goes in wanting the man to change while a man goes in wishing the woman will NEVER change "

TRAV !!!!!

You go girlfriend !!

All that needed was......

tumblr_mari0kuiYT1rtkw0co1_250.gif

If he was a roman emperor he'd be named FLOGIGULA

You know
I'm rootin for Dave and Sandra , not to win the game but for him to win HER.
I like her and she seems a tad broken to me ( emotionally ) ( Dave broken in a whole other way lol ) but yeah.....maybe i'm gettin sentimental in my jurassic years ( 38 :D ) but everyone deserves some happiness.

Waiting for him to go the old -

then shave the beard :thumbsu:

Honestly, I will never understand the Travis hate.

I think it's just the way that he presents himself, that people automatically just go "nup, don't want a bar of him". Because from my POV, while Travis isn't giving out calculated, smart, educated answers like Cat, he's still making sense when he speaks. I don't think he's dull or bland at all, I think there's a reason why he's been given more airtime than the rest of the housemates, yet hasn't been part of any controversy.

But I think it's a lot like me and Priya. Even just from the package, before BB aired, and when she went into the house, I immediately disliked her. Just from the way she presents herself, I can't explain why, just makes me want to completely ignore her.
No hate involved at all, I just think with all thousands of people who apply for this show that they can do better than the generic meathead. Who knows its still early days he can certainly come into his own. By all this I don't mean I want to see more people like Priya in the house she comes across as someone who is very up herself but I'd like to see more diverse housemates so we see different perspective and hopefully a less of a pack mentality in BB.

I really don't see the "pack mentality" in this seasons BB.

I mean, it was definitely there last season, I SUPPOSE, but it was mostly manufactured by Tim trying to be hipster.

I really don't see the "pack mentality" in this seasons BB.

I mean, it was definitely there last season, I SUPPOSE, but it was mostly manufactured by Tim trying to be hipster.
Really? I thought if anything there was that time where Matt/Caleb/Ed sorta collaborated for a few weeks and tried to form a bit of a 'pack', obviously all the girls loved them. It was the very thing Tim was against, no? Last year was good in that regard - I don't think it really happened at any point.

Can see it forming this year though.

Defs Pack mentality this year, but its not a formed pack, its roaming, everyone is jumping on whoevers particular drama it is day to day, Dave has just copped the brunt of it. Hard to tell because of what we dont see (yeh i did it after chastising you for doing it, sue me) but i think it might be Katie running that ship, if not its Lisa, the blokes are all to dumb to be doing it but Trav, Sam and Dion are being led around by the dick and the girls are catty as all hell. Long story short this year, you need to be in the pack picking on someone or you will be the one out of the pack getting picked on.

Thats my take on it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In my book just because you workout doesn't make you a meathead its mainly about the personality. For instance Travis is a meathead he's bland,dull and to be perfectly honest offers nothing to the show, he's a lump of meat. However I wouldn't call Sam a meathead as he seems relatively smart to me.

Difference here to me in Trav means well (most of the time) he is just dumb and entertaining. Sam doesn't mean well, he has a real vicious streak.

Defs Pack mentality this year, but its not a formed pack, its roaming, everyone is jumping on whoevers particular drama it is day to day, Dave has just copped the brunt of it. Hard to tell because of what we dont see (yeh i did it after chastising you for doing it, sue me) but i think it might be Katie running that ship, if not its Lisa, the blokes are all to dumb to be doing it but Trav, Sam and Dion are being led around by the dick and the girls are catty as all hell. Long story short this year, you need to be in the pack picking on someone or you will be the one out of the pack getting picked on.

Thats my take on it.

Yeah, Katie looks like she's running the house or at least thinks she is. Always has to put her 2 cents into every situation. She won't last long because of it

Really? I thought if anything there was that time where Matt/Caleb/Ed sorta collaborated for a few weeks and tried to form a bit of a 'pack', obviously all the girls loved them. It was the very thing Tim was against, no? Last year was good in that regard - I don't think it really happened at any point.

Can see it forming this year though.
Nah, imo, last season it seemed like a pack because it was the gym junkies just hanging out together. They were pretty exclusive that way.

But the reason I say it was partly manufacture by Tim is because he began calling himself the leader of the misfits, and bandied around this term "misfits".

I'm sorry, but if you go around saying "hey, we're misfits! And we're different to you!", then you, yourself, is creating a rift that leads to exclusivity. So stupid.

Thats my take on it.
Yeah, fair point. But I think it has a lot to do with how BB is edited this season, where it's a lot more hostile, a lot more bitchy and a lot more conflict.

I just figure it would be pretty obvious. With nothing else to stimulate you, yeah, you go around discussing what's been happening.

Difference here to me in Trav means well (most of the time) he is just dumb and entertaining. Sam doesn't mean well, he has a real vicious streak.
I agree. You've put it well.

I was thinking this last night, but there's just something about Sam that really puts me off him. Like, he seems intelligient, and nice enough, but something about him just doesn't make me trust him. I agree that he's hiding a vicious streak, and it's real subtle so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back