Oppo Camp 2014 non-Geelong AFL match and general discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all the Norf flogs who got so chirpy last week, and particularly the ones who had SO much vitriol for Joel Selwood.

db5b73afe45b468f27b8fa203459af5eddc1251b301a695465b66302dec45146.jpg
If second is the first loser, what does that make Norf?

anyone think tonight's game turns out to be much closer than expected?

I couldn't resist the +27.5 points that North were getting so whacked $250 on that and parlayed it with Oklahoma -6.5 (NCAA Football).
North Melbourne are too experienced these days, they aren't the North Melbourne of a couple years ago. Be a great match :)
mate. Norf will get raped tonight. You should have given that $250 to Unicef. Seriously.
Bobby the swans have a gun midfield as well, and they pump it forward as much the swans forwards will be more damaging I reckon
Nah, Swans by plenty. I'm on Swans by 40+
Sorry Bobby I'm with catsmaninamerica. Norf to get well beaten.
No SJ or Bundy, killed in the ruck. Played shite for 2 1/2 quarters and yet they won by how much exactly?? 6 points. If they can't beat us by more than that.... Then Sydney will tear them to shreds.
Swans by 10+ goals, If we had a better start we would have won.
Swans by 111 :D

I eat my humble pie :oops:

picard-double-facepalm-gif-5917.gif

I dunno Teri, could do more harm then good to cop a belting
Hmmm... Yeah- for the young blokes it would be tough but I trust the support of the coaches and mentors of these boys to get them through the aftermath of a big loss.

And I also would hope that it wouldn't be a belting- though, with the injury list we had and half of the spine of the team missing, a belting wouldn't have been a huge surprise :(

I'm sure the players would all be optimistic of achieving the ultimate success but with one foot still in Reality Land, one would hope.

I'm just hoping Port are too quick for the Dawks tommorow night... I might be dreaming too much but it'll be good for Port to win.

Can't stand the COLA or Dawks winning it.

Realistically it'll be the COLA flag *
COLA or Dawk flag. Sophie's choice:(:cry:

Hawthorn will smash Poort. A long month of travel and finals = a Hawthorn raping. Hate to say it. But the happy thing will be watching Buddy kick 9 against them in the GF and watch all their delicious COLA tears....
Why stop at 9...

:p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the Power can hang in early I don't think they're without a chance.

Their outside run could really worry the Hawks if Boak and Hartlett et al get busy inside.

Unlike the COLA-Kangas mismatch, an upset is not beyond the realms...

Hawthorn will smash Poort. A long month of travel and finals = a Hawthorn raping. Hate to say it. But the happy thing will be watching Buddy kick 9 against them in the GF and watch all their delicious COLA tears....

Don't be so sure. Port don't believe in BS excuses or performing as they 'should'. They were miles better than expected last year. Good again this season. As the interstate away elimination final winning side they were 6 goals down. Even with Freo down on personnel they had no right to win or even threaten it. Ken is brewing something very special at Port.

Last edited:
Maybe this belongs in the perspective thread - but the Swans and Hawthorn only have one player at most out of their best side right now. Cats limped into the finals. You HAVE to have everything go right to win a flag. IMagine our side last Friday night with

a fit Dawson
a fit SJ
a fit Motlop
a fit Vardy
a fit Bundy
a fit Menzel

Those 6 players make our other players better. They make our midfield infinitely better. We'd have flogged Norf and pushed Sydney. This doom and gloom is bullshit. We are only a good season with injuries away from being in it up to our ears.

The problem is that at least 4 of the 6 are very often injured. To dream of an injury free season is fantasy land stuff

Essendon really are in for a world of hurt. I never thought it would eventually come to this but you have to seriously start questioning their future if this does indeed drag on for another year or more.
The amount of money lost in legal fees, sponsors jumping off, fixture alterations (no more Anzac day clashes) and even their own players suing the club could be disastrous to their long-term stability.

They still have a powerful supporter base though. You'd expect that to remain fairly strong but I do know of some who are now over it all and virtually lost interest in football all together. I can imagine many more Essendon people doing similar and failing to chip in for memberships next year.

Essendon really are in for a world of hurt. I never thought it would eventually come to this but you have to seriously start questioning their future if this does indeed drag on for another year or more.
The amount of money lost in legal fees, sponsors jumping off, fixture alterations (no more Anzac day clashes) and even their own players suing the club could be disastrous to their long-term stability.

They still have a powerful supporter base though. You'd expect that to remain fairly strong but I do know of some who are now over it all and virtually lost interest in football all together. I can imagine many more Essendon people doing similar and failing to chip in for memberships next year.
Their own arrogance could well be their undoing here, if they appeal the court decision and it's unsuccessful the money is going to start drying up. Ryder has already walked and make no mistake he is one of their most important players IMO... And could only take 1 abandoning the sinking ship for more to follow.

As far as I'm concerned the longer this drags on is all Essendons doing, everyone will be furious if it ruins another season because they have said they want it over with, they have the opportunity to show their innocence of which they apparently are certain of, yet they are dragging it on even longer and longer in the courts.
And they are stupid enough to think that all other fans have sympathy for them and are on their side... What crap, hang them all as far as I'm concerned

Their own arrogance could well be their undoing here, if they appeal the court decision and it's unsuccessful the money is going to start drying up. Ryder has already walked and make no mistake he is one of their most important players IMO... And could only take 1 abandoning the sinking ship for more to follow.

As far as I'm concerned the longer this drags on is all Essendons doing, everyone will be furious if it ruins another season because they have said they want it over with, they have the opportunity to show their innocence of which they apparently are certain of, yet they are dragging it on even longer and longer in the courts.
And they are stupid enough to think that all other fans have sympathy for them and are on their side... What crap, hang them all as far as I'm concerned

It's been the cause of this whole debacle so you'd have to suspect that they're going to continue to run with it until the bitter, bitter end.

I spent virtually all the years of my footy-following life thinking nobody else would ever approach the utter arrogance and duplicity of the Carlton Football Club.

And then Essendon under Hird came along.:eek:

It's what got them in trouble to start with.
My opinion has always been that they couldn't handle becoming an irrelevant club (which they were becoming through no success in 10 years), so they arrogantly picked off the coaches they wanted for their 'dream team' and paraded them proudly. Then they weren't patient enough to wait and build slowly, they wanted success instantly... and pushed and blurred the lines needed to try get it.

Yet they still won't take any responsibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back