Preview Hawks vs the COLA $wans and the man they call Juda$ - it's the big dance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Hawthorn supports.
(COLA for us, some dirty players for you) .

Barry Hall says Hi
045674-barry-hall-swans-v-west-coast.jpg

Not sure if you guy's would be interested in this but we have an in depth preview from a Swans point of view of the Grand Final on this weeks edition of The Swans Bigfooty Podcast.

In fact I swear we spend at least a quarter of the podcast discussing how the hell we are going to possibly negate Roughead.

You can listen on the thread here (Please note the thread is on the Swans board) ----> http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/bring-on-the-hawks-the-swans-bigfooty-podcast-s02e30.1077803/

Last edited:

Not sure if you guy's would be interested in this but we have an in depth preview of the Grand Final on this weeks edition of The Swans Bigfooty Podcast.

In fact I swear we spend at least a quarter of the podcast discussing how the hell we are going to possible negate Roughead.

You can listen on the thread here (Please note the thread is on the Swans board) ----> http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/bring-on-the-hawks-the-swans-bigfooty-podcast-s02e30.1077803/

Drown him in COLA

It was interesting listening to Terry Wallace regarding rioli - says he has done enough to warrant clarko selecting him, but lacks conditioning and is seriously underdone. Says while the speed is there, the endurance is not

Going to be a tough call for selectors

Not sure if you guy's would be interested in this but we have an in depth preview from a Swans point of view of the Grand Final on this weeks edition of The Swans Bigfooty Podcast.

In fact I swear we spend at least a quarter of the podcast discussing how the hell we are going to possibly negate Roughead.

Offer him 10million over 5 years. That should do it.

Suckers had about 9 possessions in the second term and along with roughy was the main reason we turned a 2 goal first qtr deficit into a 2 goal half time lead.

We seem to be really hard on Suckers - all my mates who watch/play football reckon he had a 8-9 out of 10 game on Saturday. Faded in the last as Port came at us (wasn't alone there) but was penetrating with his kicking and did quite well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because Roughhead has morals unlike Judas

All jokes aside, I can see why Buddy moved - closer to his partner, more coin, still at a successful club. The issue I guess is that he could have tried to get us a better deal, like Judd did for West Coast. There's something wrong in a system where James Frawley gets you a top 3 pick and Buddy gets you pick 19 - you can talk about worth to the club and whatever, but at some point you also have to factor in the skill level of the player. Otherwise what's the point in compensation?

We have been the best side of those on a level playing field 3 years running. Would stink to only come away with 1 flag because the AFL impose one rule for 17 clubs and another rule for Sydney. I can't think of another competition in the world with such a preposterous system designed to manufacture success for one club over others. We deserve this flag.

We seem to be really hard on Suckers - all my mates who watch/play football reckon he had a 8-9 out of 10 game on Saturday. Faded in the last as Port came at us (wasn't alone there) but was penetrating with his kicking and did quite well.

Suckling had a very good game. His spot is not up for discussion based on that performance.

I have no idea regarding Rioli. He is the ultimate impact player so maybe he can be the sub although that is a very high risk strategy. If the Hawks could get to 3/4 time still healthy and in touch, and then inject Cyril - wowee :D. If he was required before half time then that might cost the Hawks a GF. I really do not like starting him. This game is going to be manic early and Cyril will blow up. Tough tough dilemma for the club.

Word on the street is the Hawks have no chance. They can all go an get stuffed.

Suckling had a very good game. His spot is not up for discussion based on that performance.

I have no idea regarding Rioli. He is the ultimate impact player so maybe he can be the sub although that is a very high risk strategy. If the Hawks could get to 3/4 time still healthy and in touch, and then inject Cyril - wowee :D. If he was required before half time then that might cost the Hawks a GF. I really do not like starting him. This game is going to be manic early and Cyril will blow up. Tough tough dilemma for the club.

Word on the street is the Hawks have no chance. They can all go an get stuffed.
Cyril was pretty cut up by his performance in the 2012 GF. Performed much better in 2013. The stage is set for true redemption now. That goes for a bunch of our players.

Interesting reading through this thread, some of it anyway.

All the posts about Rioli helps out Bruest and Poppy etc.......

Some saying Mitch is down in form......

Langers stepping up....

Sewell to slow for port.....

McEvoy to replace Cegs

Now maybe it is just me, but when Sewell is in the side doing what Sewell does Mitchell plays better. He has more time and space to use his skill. As good as Langers has been he hasn’t helped Mitchells game in the same way that Sewell does, so then what about another mid who isn’t getting mentioned at all in this thread who hasn’t stepped up and just continues on at a just above ordinary level, Shiels?

How come Langers has taken over Sewells role of cash, bash, tag, whatever is needed for the team while Shiels just continues on doing for lack of a better way to describe it, sweet stuff all as a tagger chasing tail he is to slow to catch?

I am not saying drop Shiels, but by god they need to sort out the centre so Mitchell, Hill, Smith, Lewis and Hodge can get more on the outside to use the ball better with a tiny bit more time, this means making Sewell and Shiels work at the coal face with Langers tagging.

Also on the Spanger thing, if he is dropped it should only be to play 3 ruckman, which is the $wans main weakness, plus instead of having McEvoy dropping behind the ball, like most want, he should be at full forward and told to smash any pack or flood that is front of him, and i mean SMASH, this will help Bruest, Poppy, Roughy and esp Gunston more than a half baked Rioli, IMO. But at the same time I wouldn’t be dropping Spang, I’d drop Suckling first who isn’t build for finals footy.

My outs which will be completely different to the match committees are:

Suckling, Simpkin

Ins – Sewell, McEvoy.

Sub: Cegs

Height in GF’s doesn’t get any shorter, and by the last Qtr Pyke and Tippet will be out on their feet. It will be contested marking as always that decides this match, and the ability to stop it. Each time we’ve beaten them it has happened when Pkye has been ground into the ground as their only ruck. We have nobody who can go with Buddy, nobody, end of story, so it’s about stopping the other options, and killing Pkye as early as possible and forcing Tippet to ruck is the start of it.

For some reason I don't feel as nervous about this year's gf. Last year I was practically climbing the walls. I suppose the key to my train of thought is the different levels of expectations on either club. Hawthorn made it to a third (THIRD!) successive grand final after a year plagued with tough draws, games and injuries (even the coach went down for heaven's sake). To make it through to the grand final is a massive achievement. We go in as underdogs with nothing to lose. Even if we do miss out, Hawthorn still has the knowledge that they made the GF after a very challenging year. That being said, we have as good a chance as any to go B2B

By contrast, the expectations on Sydney are drastically different. Nothing less than a win will justify their methods of gaining star players for their list (to them at least. It doesn't justify their actions to the rest of the comp, or the other team's supporters on Bigfooty :drunk:). They have the weight of expectation. They must win or the mask of talent and success they hide behind will be revealed for what it is - bought, not earned.

That's how I'm rationalising my somewhat calm demeanour this Monday morning, anyway. I'm sure that'll change as we move closer to the weekend. Rationality tends to go out the window on GF day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back