Pakistan vs Australia (in the UAE)

Remove this Banner Ad

Only question is Siddle or Hilfenhaus

The Australia A suggests Siddle given he was bowled the same as Johnson.

I guess he can be relied upon to bowl all day which could be useful in the heat

We're also getting all the wank media pieces about how 'he has regained his pace' and all that so I'd suggest his selection is pretty much guaranteed

Hard to see it being anything other than this lineup then

warner
rogers
doolan
clarke
smith
marsh
haddin
o keefe
johnson
siddle
lyon

Pretty much. However - the 3rd quick is possible depends on the pitch I guess.

Such a pity Clarke's back won't let him bowl

Can see that being the XII, with one of Siddle/Hilfenhaus being 12th man. Maxwell is just outside.
]I thought it was interesting that Maxwell went out to bat before Mitch Marsh in the second innings. Odd thing to do considering that Mitch really needed batting time if he was to certain to play.

]I thought it was interesting that Maxwell went out to bat before Mitch Marsh in the second innings. Odd thing to do considering that Mitch really needed batting time if he was to certain to play.

Hardly. Maxwell is there to backup Clarke so if needed he will bat at 5 in the test series. Makes sense to leave Marsh where he will bat in the test series. Plus if we are playing 2 spinners we can't have Maxwell as well. As it is our 2 spinners are not elite.

It won't be a road.

10152502_10152792456069313_204956411427500584_n.jpg

Won't it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sids best form was when leading the attack without Johnson and Ryno, bowling shorter, more aggressive spells with his pace up. He's sacrificed that to a certain extent since probably our last tour of India as he's taken a more stock role involving longer spells and more contained lines but the conditions could help him get back into the wicket taking swing if we go with two spinners and he's used in four or five over bursts that allow him to really attack batsman. I'm tipping him to have a cracking series.

Sids best form was when leading the attack without Johnson and Ryno, bowling shorter, more aggressive spells with his pace up. He's sacrificed that to a certain extent since probably our last tour of India as he's taken a more stock role involving longer spells and more contained lines but the conditions could help him get back into the wicket taking swing if we go with two spinners and he's used in four or five over bursts that allow him to really attack batsman. I'm tipping him to have a cracking series.
Even with Johnson and Harris in the side I think for the most part that Siddle has done a fine job of containing, building up the pressure and creating wickets for the other bowlers. I find the fact that his spot is so tenuous right now to be ridiculous.

Even with Johnson and Harris in the side I think for the most part that Siddle has done a fine job of containing, building up the pressure and creating wickets for the other bowlers. I find the fact that his spot is so tenuous right now to be ridiculous.
No doubt about that, I wasn't arguing that he has been poor just that his role's changed recently and expectations on his wicket taking should have changed with them

Load up on Pakistan at $5. Sheesh, we're not that good that they should be rank outsiders at a place they've haven't lost a seres in ages.

You seen Pakistan recently? There is a reason they are $5. Won't be a stroll in the park, but I expect us to win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back