Pakistan vs Australia (in the UAE)

Remove this Banner Ad

This is the kind of cricket that kills test cricket. I do believe Test cricket will die one day. (no pun intended).

Cannot see how the ICC can sustain this form of the game when it is so boring to watch and follow on TV let alone attend a game.

Prefer them to hit out and be 4/70? * no-one has any patience these days. Attitudes like this kill test cricket, not the game itself.

Prefer them to hit out and be 4/70? **** no-one has any patience these days. Attitudes like this kill test cricket, not the game itself.

Yeah thats a fair call dont disagree with your sentiment here.

Thats the thing though, losing two wickets in under 10 overs and you know its going to be boring as bat s**t to watch.

We have been very lucky here in Australia, that our team has been competitive for a very very long time. If we started failing and losing matches here, it could almost kill test cricket and give it the knock out punch.

Maybe Test cricket needs to be played every 4 years? This is painful cricket at its best. Empty stadium and a team without a care in the world of increasing the run rate. Pakistan would be happy if they batted for 5 days in all honesty after losing two early wickets. If they could, they would.

If you don't like test cricket, don't watch it. It's really not that hard.

Still the best format in the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the kind of cricket that kills test cricket. I do believe Test cricket will die one day. (no pun intended).

Cannot see how the ICC can sustain this form of the game when it is so boring to watch and follow on TV let alone attend a game.

Test cricket had been played for over 100 years now. If it's sustained for this long I'd say it's going fine.

Test is the pinnacle of cricket, every player WANTS to play Test. They don't strive to play ODI on T20

Test cricket had been played for over 100 years now. If it's sustained for this long I'd say it's going fine.

Test is the pinnacle of cricket, every player WANTS to play Test. They don't strive to play ODI on T20

Good debate while the game is s**t as.

The thing is you need to understand is that our generation sure they want to play Test Cricket. Im talking about future generations like 50 years from now where they can make more money in a shorter time playing T20. You are kidding yourself if you think kids 50 years from now will be striving to play Test cricket.

Yeah thats a fair call dont disagree with your sentiment here.

Thats the thing though, losing two wickets in under 10 overs and you know its going to be boring as bat s**t to watch.

We have been very lucky here in Australia, that our team has been competitive for a very very long time. If we started failing and losing matches here, it could almost kill test cricket and give it the knock out punch.

Maybe Test cricket needs to be played every 4 years? This is painful cricket at its best. Empty stadium and a team without a care in the world of increasing the run rate. Pakistan would be happy if they batted for 5 days in all honesty after losing two early wickets. If they could, they would.

Don't watch it mate if you don't want to. They lost two wickets in the first 10 overs and it goes for 5 days. Test cricket is the best sport in the world due to its unpredictability in nature and the scope that it has. Pakistan could lash out in this next session, they could fall in a heap, they could keep batting like this. Test cricket is nuanced, it rewards patience, something that is not analogous with the way most people view society today as a means for their own instant gratification.

Cricinfo succinctly articulates the problem with Test Cricket.

12.00 pm Australia's captain claps hard. Only three runs have come in the last six overs, four of them were maidens, I think. Pakistan had been pushed into that corner by the openers' failures.

How is that the problem with Test Cricket?

A team gets put on the back foot after losing 2 early wickets and decides to play safely.

w0w call the ICC rn and cut test cricket

Good debate while the game is s**t as.

The thing is you need to understand is that our generation sure they want to play Test Cricket. Im talking about future generations like 50 years from now where they can make more money in a shorter time playing T20. You are kidding yourself if you think kids 50 years from now will be striving to play Test cricket.

sost.gif

Don't watch it mate if you don't want to. They lost two wickets in the first 10 overs and it goes for 5 days. Test cricket is the best sport in the world due to its unpredictability in nature and the scope that it has. Pakistan could lash out in this next session, they could fall in a heap, they could keep batting like this. Test cricket is nuanced, it rewards patience, something that is not analogous with the way most people view society today as a means for their own instant gratification.

Hang on for a second. You are arguing something very different to what I am discussing.

I dont necessarily disagree with your comments about Test Cricket the skills involved and unique nature of it, what I am saying is that Test cricket wont survive or only played rarely maybe only by the top 4 or 6 teams.

You have to understand that T20 cricket is literally going to be the downfall of Test cricket. A run rate of 1.9 runs per over, 2 wickets fell in the space of 19 balls and since then boredom to a lot of followers of cricket.

Cricinfo succinctly articulates the problem with Test Cricket.

12.00 pm Australia's captain claps hard. Only three runs have come in the last six overs, four of them were maidens, I think. Pakistan had been pushed into that corner by the openers' failures.

Backs to the wall, that's what test cricket is all about. You don't understand it's premise. It allows the time for genuine ebbs and flows

How is that the problem with Test Cricket?

A team gets put on the back foot after losing 2 early wickets and decides to play safely.

w0w call the ICC rn and cut test cricket

The empty stadiums and the lack of interest is what will kill test cricket.

When two teams are evenly matched, test cricket is a thing of beauty. This display which is far more common has the detrimental affect on the game. Of course it wont happen over night or in the next 20 years, but I can see how in 50 years time, after a couple of generations have passed the interest in test cricket will decline remarkably.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back