Pakistan vs Australia (in the UAE)

Remove this Banner Ad

Seriously this 'umpires call' s**t is ridiculous, the ball either was going on to hit the stumps or it wasn't.

The umpire's call is sensible and makes perfect sense. What is s**t is people's understanding of why it is in place.

Seeing Lyon turning it square doesn't exactly instill me with confidence... though out of Pakistan's spinners, one is on debut, one has played two tests for 6 wickets, and the other is Hafeez. If we can't handle that lot we don't deserve to win.

I don't think you should lose a review on umpires call

The system is to Remove howlers not for captains to have hail Mary's on 50/50's. You want to gamble on a close one you deserve to lose the challenge if wrong

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only took a day of cricket for the Lyon bashers to come out of hiding.
He must do better on day two. He has been in the side long enough to do better. This is where we need him to perform more than anywhere else and to barely threaten the batsmen all day and be easier to get away than any other bowler is very disappointing.

The umpire's call is sensible and makes perfect sense. What is s**t is people's understanding of why it is in place.

Yes, umpire's call makes perfect sense when you're talking about a ball trajectory prediction because it's not 100% accurate, but it doesn't make sense when used for objective facts like where the ball pitched or impacted.

Marsh bowled a disciplined line at a good clip, getting a bit of reverse swing at times. Very encouraging first up performance.

Johnson's still the man though. Even in conditions extremely unconducive to pace bowling, it's still bloody hard for any batsman to combat him at the moment. Very patient and disciplined knocks from Younis, Azhar and Misbah as was anticipated, but thanks to Johnson I think Australia sit slightly ahead in the game. O'Keefe and Lyon were fairly disappointing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back